IGNORED

Which is better LK Renaisance, or LK metropole?

raviinc

Hi guys

Planning to book one of these hotels for my forthcoming trip would appreciate any suggestions about these two hotels or any other hotel in the vicinity.

Thanks

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Both are good residences.

Post deleted

Did you come to a conclusion just after posting? what was the result?

How do you guys find the noise levels at these 2 hotels? Nearly booked a few times but was wary of the noise as when ive walked past before they seem quite close to the action cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I stayed at LK Ren on my last trip and it was of good quality and I had no compliants. However I believe there is building work on one side of the hotel at the minute so I have booked LK Metropole for my August trip

• 2 weeks later...

Have stayed on   LK Metro couple of times ...l like  studio rooms with kitchen ..one draw back is if u get the room facing LK Metro street ...u will here some noise till late in the night as the karaoke is played till the wee hours at night on week ends.....never stayed in other one

cheers

MM

• 2 months later...

Just booked LK Metro for the end of november. 

Can´t wait to see how much fun it will be to be in the middle of everything :D

LK Metro older rooms but better in many ways it is set back from road so quiet , pool much better . Ren has newer rooms pool not so good but you can use metro free.

Both are good IMHO

LK Metro older rooms but better in many ways it is set back from road so quiet , pool much better . Ren has newer rooms pool not so good but you can use metro free.

Both are good IMHO

I have stayed in LK Metro a couple of times and it is very nice. Clean, quiet and a good breakfast. Close to much nightlife to!

Pawyai said it the best, Ive stayed in pretty much all of the LK's, there is construction going on at the moment at the Ren, has been for quite some time and they're relentless, 6am until 10 pm and I had to check out after 3 days back in June but I know someone staying there right now and he's losing his mind!

The rooms are newer but I never had any problems sleeping in Metropole, the windows are double glazed and its quite inward from the street...

It took a little time re-sizing but here are a few shots from LK Metropole, of course the room is a Suite, the standard rooms looking out the back of the hotel are much smaller with a view to a wall but still have balcony!

The Balcony...

2.jpg

The pool view from balcony...

3.jpg

Lounge room,kitchen and entry...

4.jpg

Another shot of the lounge room or living room...

5.jpg

Where the action happens...

6.jpg

Thanks GEN, that suite looks very nice. I'm thinking about the LK Metro for my first trip tp Pattaya in March, Probably just a standard room

Thanks GEN, that suite looks very nice. I'm thinking about the LK Metro for my first trip tp Pattaya in March, Probably just a standard room

Yep, as I said before, the standard rooms are quite small in comparison but decent size none the less, just before Songkran (early April) I was able to get the standard room for about $56 aud (1600-1700 baht) on Agoda with breakfast for 2,  I do have photos but with nude girls in them, will have to wait to get to advanced member status before I can post :ThumbUp6:   

Those suites are quite all right, just what I want in a room. Once, though, they upgraded me to one of the really big suites. And seriously, it was too big and felt really awkward. Pretty fancy, sure, but what do I need, like, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a separate toilet for? I'd be hard stressed to soil them all on any normal day, even if I tried.

Those suites are quite all right, just what I want in a room. Once, though, they upgraded me to one of the really big suites. And seriously, it was too big and felt really awkward. Pretty fancy, sure, but what do I need, like, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a separate toilet for? I'd be hard stressed to soil them all on any normal day, even if I tried.

Its funny you mention that, I was upgraded to this suite as well due to a mistake the hotel made during reservation, I had booked on Agoda and they double booked the room, it was for 10 nights and the hotel was full, eh all the girls who came thought I was cashed up :Think1:

I think they're going for about $214 aud (6750 baht) per night during late December!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Boxer, you should at least try to get to all them rooms...lol..... those standard rooms with balconys, do they have some that face the front of the bldg. or are all of them out back faceing the wall. thanks

I got upgraded to one of the massive rooms too on my first ever stay in patts, but the ones that on the ground floor. Best part was the seperate entrance that bypasses the lobby and their one girl rule, which is why i prefer condos these days

Well Boxer, you should at least try to get to all them rooms...lol..... those standard rooms with balconys, do they have some that face the front of the bldg. or are all of them out back faceing the wall. thanks

Im not %100 sure but my guess is all the standard rooms are facing back, thats why they charge the extra bucks for the superior and above, although you can probably email and ask the hotel directly about the studio rooms as there's not much price difference!

Judging from the photos, all the balcony's seem a little too big on the front of the building in comparison to the standard room balcony's and Ive stayed in most of the rooms...

http://www.lkpattaya.com/metropole/gallery.php

I would usually pick Rennessance over Metropole. Last couple stays at Metropole had lower class noisy guests and old run down and poorly maintained rooms. However.... Rennaisance should be only looked at very very carefully now with the big construction site going on right behind it.

My choice lately is the Empress.

of course Renaisance is better but the bars in front of the hotel makes so much noise until 5:00 AM and I am a light sleeper that's why never booked this hotel again.

• 4 months later...

Deadfarang has a couple of youtube video's, below is one for Metropole and the other for Ren

“Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade.â€

-- William Battie

Archived