Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aetas Bangkok

Fatcat654

Hello all, I will be doing my first Thailand/Philippines trip this October. I will only be staying a few nights before heading to Pattaya and heard the Nana area is the place to be. Can anyone provide any info on the Aetas hotel? The pics and reviews on Agoda look pretty good and was just wondering if it is a good location

Hello all, I will be doing my first Thailand/Philippines trip this October. I will only be staying a few nights before heading to Pattaya and heard the Nana area is the place to be. Can anyone provide any info on the Aetas Hotel? The pics and reviews on agoda look pretty good and was just wondering if it is a good location

It's in a decent location if you're hanging out at The Conrad, not so good for Nana.  

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any recommendations for a nice hotel near Nana? I've read good trip reports for Majestic Grande. I also already have Dream booked for 3 days on the Soi Cowboy side.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any recommendations for a nice hotel near Nana? I've read good trip reports for Majestic Grande. I also already have Dream booked for 3 days on the Soi Cowboy side.

Lohas on Soi 2 ... use the cut through at Annies to access Soi 4.  Usually available at around 1.6k Baht for a 45m2 room.  From Amoma.com ...

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 20.04.39.png

I don't know much about Aetas other than it was originally supposed to be an office building. I liked Lohas. Good pool & gym. It's new, but certainly not luxurious, & a bit of a long walk though. MG is a lot closer and better - but a 1000b better - nope. What do you want (room size, luxury, location, pool, gym) and how much will you pay ?

Thanks, I will dig a little deeper into the options.

The Aetas has one of the nicest rooms around. Not a serviced apartment like Lohas and Phachara. A top end 4 star hotel with 40 sqm rooms. Located in soi Ruamrudee, Ploenchit BTS.

Majestic Grande is well located and just renovated last year. Now with free wifi. However rooms cannot even compare with Aetas.

Prices around 2200 Baht per night with breakfast. Should be selling for 2700 Baht - 3000 Baht odd given the quality.

Tim

The Aetas has one of the nicest rooms around. Not a serviced apartment like Lohas and Phachara. A top end 4 star hotel with 40 sqm rooms. Located in soi Ruamrudee, Ploenchit BTS.

Majestic Grande is well located and just renovated last year. Now with free wifi. However rooms cannot even compare with Aetas.

Prices around 2200 Baht per night with breakfast. Should be selling for 2700 Baht - 3000 Baht odd given the quality.

Tim

If you're happy to be down Soi Ruamrudee, Tenface also offers excellent 60 m2 rooms. I've seen it under 2k previously, but currently 2.1k Baht all-in incl breakfast on Latestays for 2 guests.  Like The Aetas, the only downside is the location.

Tenface gives you a 1bdrm suite and the staff are really nice. It's way way too far down the soi though and facing the highway ain't the best of views. It was OK, but I haven't been back.

Thanks for the advice. Nice rooms are important but since this is my first trip I feel more comfortable being within walking distance of the action.

I would like to keep it around 2500 give or take with a nice room and within walking distance of nep

Sukhumvit Grande on Soi 6 is a pretty solid 4 star and can be had under your budget. Ordinarily it's around 2K. When Accor has a sale it comes in around 1500. I was just looking at it on Latestays and it was 1600 until my dates and it went to 3200. Dynasty Grande and Pachara Suites nearby are solid and < 2K as well.

I stayed at Aetas during my visit to Bangkok,september 2013,and is recommended.

Beds and rooms have great standard.Enjoy.

Hi Fatcat654,

Grand Sukhumvit is quite old now. Rooms dated and internet is not free.

Tim

I might say that about the Landmark but not the Grand Sukhumvit, although internet is 525 baht/day extra.  I booked during an Accor sale and paid about 1700 as I recall, and they upgraded me to this suite at no additional charge. 

grandsukroom.jpg

Retired

525 baht, an outrage ! I didn't know that. I have a lot of faith in Tim, but every room I've gotten has been excellent. I've got Accor Platinum standing though. They aren't going to charge me for wifi and I always have gotten upgraded. I'd throw it off the list just for the huge wifi charge.

525 baht for 24 hours to be precise.  Still excessive.  I ordered every other day and did my computing in the morning one day and in the afternoon the next.  Next time I'll think about buying a prepaid sim and use 3G instead.

Retired

525 baht, an outrage ! I didn't know that. I have a lot of faith in Tim, but every room I've gotten has been excellent. I've got Accor Platinum standing though. They aren't going to charge me for wifi and I always have gotten upgraded. I'd throw it off the list just for the huge wifi charge.

I'm pretty sure the Novotel on Ploenchit hit me with the same shit.  As a consequence, I'll never spend another satang in the place.  It might be appropriate for a budget hotel to do internet add-ons, but not 4/5* properties IMHO.

There might be free Plat out there still - check Flyertalk. They just renewed me, I only had like 3 stays & I got upgraded every time. Free breakfast and wifi too.

Thanks guys for the help and recommendations. I will try to book a room this weekend and have narrowed it to Aetas (the rooms just look amazing) and majestic grande (good reviews and close to everything). Would the nicer room be worth it over the proximity to nep?

Depends whether you're a 'size queen' (40 vs 28). I am, I get claustrophobic in a smaller room after a couple days & would be willing to walk. Honestly, I liked the MG just fine, but it was a 2-3 day stay.

I decided on the majestic grande and can't wait until October. Only 57 more days. I'll let everyone know how it goes and thanks again

Don't understand why you also have the Dream hotel booked as well as the Magestic Grande. Soi Cowboy is easily walkable from MG. Dream is about central for both Nana and Cowboy

I have stayed at both and no issues with either hotel but would consider the MG the better of the two

Archived