Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Room portable safe or front desk locker is safe

farooqtawanee

due to lot of picpockting  beach road  L Bs and in room freelancers or cleaning maids witch one is most  reliable  the in room safe or front desk lockers. because i read in many forms thats the in room safe is open easily..any one have some experience or suggestions will be wellcome.

room safe is fine , I've never had an issue or met anyone who had a problem

although if you see a cleaning lady carrying a potato , inform the management ... ;) 555

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

although if you see a cleaning lady carrying a potato , inform the management ... ;) 555

:LMFAO: 

room safe is fine , I've never had an issue or met anyone who had a problem

please explain the potato.

please explain the potato.

For you to become total paranoia here it is; i try it but could not do , maybe i cook the potato to long :GoldenSmile1: , a trick you can use , but is not nice to do , is when really in need and much money in your safe .......locktide glue in the keylock .....so no key can go in anymore , but you better take next time other hotel :Think1: 

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

due to lot of picpockting beach road L Bs and in room freelancers or cleaning maids witch one is most reliable the in room safe or front desk lockers. because i read in many forms thats the in room safe is open easily..any one have some experience or suggestions will be wellcome.

The idea I like is to open a bank account for your cash ( Kbank is ok, there's a thread on that somewhere on PA ) and the room safe is ok for documents and things of personal value to you and no value to others. Maybe depending on the amount of cash you are bringing with you but the money in the bank option does save you from some degree of stress.

The idea I like is to open a bank account for your cash ( Kbank is ok, there's a thread on that somewhere on PA ) and the room safe is ok for documents and things of personal value to you and no value to others. Maybe depending on the amount of cash you are bringing with you but the money in the bank option does save you from some degree of stress.

coming on tourest visa for a very short stay in pattaya is it possible to open a bank account easily.

personally i prefer front desk safes where you can put your own padlock on.   Roomsafes can be opened by even an amateur thief or anyone with a masterkey, or the mastercode .. or anyone whos watched the mastercode be typed in... or anyone with a potatoe handy.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

split between room , front office safe & your luggage. I never keep all my cash in one place. For the Front office safe , I keep a sheet of paper on top with the current amount inside. I keep some cash bundled inside a dirty pant or shirt. Room safe for documents and minimum cash to operate with a bg in the room. 

Is credit card and withdrawal of whatever needed an option? then you are free for worries

coming on tourest visa for a very short stay in pattaya is it possible to open a bank account easily.

I opened mine at Kasikorn bank 2 years ago with just my passport and using Page 10 hotel as my address without any problems. From memory I think the cost of opening the account was 750 baht. If things have changed since then I'm sure someone can point any changes out. [emoji4]

I have a k- bank account also. For travelling I also have a pacsafe portable safe. I have never had a problem with an in room safe.

The reception safes are also a good bet.

I agree,have an account with SCB never had any problems that way.

Robw

Pacsafe.com

pretty cool option for travelling. Is basically a canvas bas lined with heavy mesh on a locking cable. Bolt cutters will get through but everything else is safe.

The point in reception lockers is that they're relatively small, would just take your passport and cash but no room for laptop, tablet,..

One more thing is you'll be monitored by all staff and everybody at the reception whenever you take money from the locker (I wouldn't be surprised if someone came and asked me: sir, you used to take 200€, why today 300€? Are you going to BF two ladies :D)

After checking different vids on youtube on how to open a roomsafe, i think it is safe to say they are not that safe a safe :Think1:

Pacsafe looks like a good option though.

After checking different vids on youtube on how to open a roomsafe, i think it is safe to say they are not that safe a safe :Think1:

Pacsafe looks like a good option though.

Just notice that safe in most YouTube videos are way old versions, I tried the potato trick in Areca's and Page10 electronic safes but never worked, not saying they're 100% safe but not that easy peasy.

Bring you're own MINISAFE is the best option. And do not put all in one place ( second advice ).

Make some picture before closing the vault from content. Use creativity and Imagination and you will be fine.

Make copy all you're 1000 baht billets 55555 the real one in the safe and use copy while you travel around. 55555

TravelSafe.jpg

I opened mine at Kasikorn bank 2 years ago with just my passport and using Page 10 hotel as my address without any problems. From memory I think the cost of opening the account was 750 baht. If things have changed since then I'm sure someone can point any changes out. [emoji4]

Yes the rules changed early this year.  Even with a 60 day tourist visa you can't open Kasikorn account.  Apparently you need over 2 months in country to qualify now.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

That is bad news : Who spends more then 2 months in LOS ????

Plenty ATMS about load up a travel card from your country and take only wot u need for maybe 2-3 days at a time ..use safe for Docs etc and maybe minimal cash, and a small girl in case you lose one lmfao :-)

if the safe's arent that safe....Where should we then hide our toothbrushes ?????

Get a travel visa card and load your money on it. You can have additional card and keep them separate. I also lock in the exchange rate. I keep laptop and docs in safe and normally hide money in room like in ceiling. Just don't get so drunk you forget it or I might find it....

Archived