IGNORED

The Education Visa (PATTAYA ONLY) - Real examples only

xerive

Hello,

Ok there has been a lot of speculation / talk on another website (no names mentioned) about people being "tested" when they go to signup for another 90 days at the Visa office (or ministry of education blah blah blah)

I am after FACTS only - no SPECULATION etc etc or I heard someone say etc etc.

What are peoples ACTUAL experiences from July onwards with regards to the Immigration Centre at Jomtien (NOT BANGKOK - only talking about Pattaya here)

Are people being tested on their Thai language skills?  Again as said before can we hear from people who have actually been to Immigration (Jomtien Pattaya)  on an Education Visa over the last few weeks - is it the usual hand over 1900 baht and sit there OR has the procedure changed at all?

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed in Thailand on an education visa studying Thai at pro language for 3 years. I have never been asked a thing at jonitem immigration.

By the way, if anyone is so worried about this, myth or not, there is an incredibly easy solution to the problem......study something other than Thai, it's allowed you know!

I have an ED visa .. 9 months now ... I go to the Jomtien immigration office .. last time June 2014 and have never been asked anything

Are people being tested on their Thai language skills?

Hi. I am still in contact with the school in Pattaya where I have studied,

and they never got any student "tested" at Jomtien Immigration yet :)

Nothing official yes, but the school managers have been informed

that they could have to evaluate the level of each student every 3 months.

Things will change soon for ED-Visa, sure, but we will have to wait to know which changes exactly...

Archived