IGNORED

2014 world airline awards

Daddee

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2014/jclass.htm

No american airline made the top ten, what a surprise!

Cathay came in first...

The link on the site that shows the top 20 is not working as I post this...  here it is tho:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2014/Airline2014_top20.htm

Air Asia won best low cost airline world wide:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2014/lowcost2014.htm

Flew Turkish ( #5 ) for the first time in June..... was very good...only hope the return back next week will be as good....

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

I doubt the accuracy of these results - Malaysian Airlines finds a spot on this list.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

I doubt the accuracy of these results - Malaysian Airlines finds a spot on this list.

what specifically has this airline done that you would say this?

seriously, you think either of their disasters was due to poor management?

I am not referring to mh17 here. Way Mh370 was handled leaves a lot to be desired. Their crisis management and handling of the situation was way short of the mark.

Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

I am not referring to mh17 here. Way Mh370 was handled leaves a lot to be desired. Their crisis management and handling of the situation was way short of the mark.

ya, after that plane disappeared the management behaved like total idiots...

but the rating of the airlines has nothing to do with  that.

and neither crash, assuming the first one WAS a crash, was their fault.

ya, after that plane disappeared the management behaved like total idiots...

but the rating of the airlines has nothing to do with that.

and neither crash, assuming the first one WAS a crash, was their fault.

Sorry, I disagree.

The first was a crash as admitted by the airline. It may or may not be airlines fault, we won't know it until the whereabouts of that plane are found.

Safety maybe isn't a parameter for these ratings so I doubt the skytrax rating for this airline.

what do you disagree about, the airline's fault?

whatever.........

Cathay first? All right! Flying FIRST class, baby, purely mileage, thank god, in Oct. Gonna be sweet.

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

I've flown CX in 1st and Biz > 20 X transpac and while excellent they aren't the best. IME, SIng & Ana are better. Doctor J you're mission is to destroy as much caviar & Krug as humanly possible. At BKK I always use the Qantas lounge 50m down across from CX. The food is WAY better & they've got showers. The CX lounge surprisingly sucks.

Wow well the bonus is that it is free with mileage I get from using the credit card for work. Will try for ANA next time. Interesting info Wackyjacky.

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

Love Cathay.  Convenient, friendly, good planes, charger at seats even in economy, extremely easy to make schedule changes with no fees, best pricing available for multiple city trips including trips where you arrive in one city, and depart from another city to go home, US$50 for Marco Polo which is great value if you travel with them a couple times a year

I've flown CX in 1st and Biz > 20 X transpac and while excellent they aren't the best. IME, SIng & Ana are better. Doctor J you're mission is to destroy as much caviar & Krug as humanly possible. At BKK I always use the Qantas lounge 50m down across from CX. The food is WAY better & they've got showers. The CX lounge surprisingly sucks.

Interesting assessment, Wacky.

I LOVE Cathay, but had a pretty mediocre business class experience the only time that I have flown ANA -- was stuck in those 3/4 recline seats that just aren't that comfortable.  Also, not "pod seating;" it was an actual row of seats.  Luckily, nobody on my row, so nobody had to crawl over me to get to the bathroom.

I am still dying to try Singapore, but their flights just haven't been that convenient (or available) for me.

I am pretty surprised Thai didn't score better on lounges, but I guess it evaluates more than their first class lounge at BKK, which is legendary.

Dr. J - a few suggestions (with photos) that I have picked up from some of my Cathay first flights:

- if they have crab cakes as a snack on your Cathay flight, I HIGHLY recommend them!  Cooked to order, so they take a little while, but they were EXCELLENT!

Cathay - meal - crabcakes snack.JPG

- another great snack (IMHO) is the egg tarts.  I think these show up more often on flights departing Hong Kong, as opposed to arriving there.  Really tasty!

egg tart.JPG

- when you are ready to sleep, ask the flight attendant to make up your bed for you.  On my last flight home, it was the most sleep I think I have ever gotten on a plane (although I was pretty damn exhausted, so that may have helped!)

Cathay - bed (2).JPG

Archived