Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

London Gatwick to Bangkok via Dubai

darkstar

Its my first time flying with Emirates and can someone tell me the procedures involved when transferring at Dubai I am not using a domestic flight.As much info as possible will be appreciated. ..Some key questions are do I have to go through security again ? After arriving at Dubai is information given for connection to Bangkok ? Is the connection flight to Bangkok in the same terminal as arriving ? Is luggage transferred automatically.

Thanks

I have only used Emirates twice in 15 years of flying to Bangkok nothing but trouble with them,oh and yes enjoy the security at Dubai last time i went through many years ago was very busy.Your luggage will be loaded on to your connecting flight so hopefully no worries there.

Trouble i had was going to Bangkok for a year but was entering visa on arrival so only 30 days at first they refused to allow me to fly.Called the supervisor had a look at all the Thai visa stamps in my passport explained i was going to get a 90 day when i went to Malaysia she could see i had done this a few times before so gave me the all clear to board the flight.

Never flown with them again and we only live 30 minutes away from LGW but prefer to use LHR which is 3 hours away.

You may or may not arrive at the same terminal you depart from but there are underground trains to take you between the terminals. Unless you have problems walking you should not have a problem, just follow the crowd and signs.

When you arrive at Dubai they will x-ray you hand luggage and you will have to walk through a metal detector. You normally don't need to unpack laptops and take off shoes etc so it's usually pretty quick. The only issue I've had is when I had collected some full wine bottles off the flight they took them off me. I'm not sure if the problem was the bottles or the wine.

There is no passport control / checks unless you wander out of the airport by mistake. If your luggage is checked through to Bangkok you will not need to collect it in Dubai.

As above, always fly Emirates out of LGW the only problem can be if you have a short connection time and your late which happen on my return a couple of trips back. They will know the numbers connecting on your flight and have someone meet you at the gate and walk you through the checks to the flight, we made it the bags didn't but got them the next day.

Where you landing? What number of terminal? Emirates usually landing Terminal No.3,( but this may not be the rule) and departure for Emirates airlines are also from Terminal No.3 If I know.

You can see many videos on YouTube for transit in Dubai. I recomend see you, some of them can be useful. :hello09:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

If you need any further reassurance, look at all the threads on the Trip Advisor Air Forum or Dubai forum, been discussed many times.

i fly through Dubai to Bkk from Hamburg , and while i have never had a problem to Bkk , From Bkk to Hamburg they have not allowed me to buy alcohol in Bangkok airport after checking my boarding pass

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 2 weeks later...

On your first flight from Gatwick as you approach Dubai the screen will show connecting flights/gates etc. yes you do pass through security again but it's never taken long in my experience.

It's all pretty straightforward mate. Relax and enjoy. I always fly with Emirates and never had a problem.

Archived