IGNORED

Financial requirements for education visa

Dave Hedgehog

It's looking like the ed visa is going to be the only way I can see out my planned trip. Does anyone have any experience of what kind of money they expect you to be able to show them to prove you're not working here and can support yourself with for the duration of the course?

What about refusal to issue an ed visa, how likely is it that people such as myself who have lived here for almost 2 years straight on back to back tourist visa and 30 day stamps, will get refused as it may look like a blatant attempt to circumvent the new policy? FWIW I've just had a year back home and arrived with a clean passport, but I'm just as worried about getting trapped in this situation as I would be trying to activate a back to back second entry.

... it may look like a blatant attempt to circumvent the new policy? 

You mean it's not?  :GoldenSmile1:

You mean it's not?  :GoldenSmile1:

So long as one fulfills the requirements of going to classes and actually putting in the effort to learn something at the school one chooses to sign up with, I don't see any circumvention. Sounds like the OP has been here following the rules as they were being interpreted at the time, and now is attempting to find a way to legitimately stay here longer. Nothing wrong with that. Assuming, of course, he is not doing something illegal like working without a permit.

As far as the specifics of the OP's original question, I'd say to shop around at some schools and see what they tell you. OP you  can shoot me a PM if you want to know what school I am at. They are a legit language school and the owner seems to have a good connection for info on what is going on down at immigration. They should be able to tell you what you need to know.

Archived