Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Akvavit Jomtien

ThailandWine&Dine

(April 24th)

It's great when a recommendation pays off, so cheers Ben for sending me to Akvavit on Jomtien Beach Road (soi 3). Pretty quiet in Jomtien at midday, so I had the Akvavit pretty much to myself except for a few customers at the bar downing cocktails.

Attractive restaurant, with a large outdoor restaurant and bar area, and an air-conditioned area indoors. Smart, clean, nice bright decor and comfy chairs. Good view of the sea. Fast and friendly service... interesting and varied selection of dishes on the menu, Thai, classic European, as well as Scandinavian (the owner is Swedish).

For a starter I had 'toast Skagen', prawn in dill mayonnaise on toasted bread. Very good indeed. Main course was the weekly special, grilled salmon fillet on a bed of Shittake mushrooms with a white wine sauce and lime butter, and pressed potato as a side dish. Very nicely presented and delicious. Still hungry, so I gave the crème brûlée a try for dessert. Ok the custard base had an unusual taste (compared to the standard dessert dish you find on virtually every menu in France), but it was pleasant enough and I enjoyed it. The burnt caramel topping was still warm, so it hadn't just been transferred from fridge to table as happens more and more in France, unfortunately.

Couldn't resist indulging a little more, so with the espresso I had the praliné chocolates, which were rather like Belgian chocolates, hard outside, soft inside. Very nice.

Reasonable pricing for a beachfront restaurant serving quality food - 800 baht for the three courses, 220 baht for the overindulgence in chocolate. House white wine at 190 baht per glass (a nice wine too), water 40 baht, espresso 60 baht.

A really enjoyable dining experience in a pleasant setting, nice sea views. Highly recommended.

Find Akvavit on our map -Akvavit FB page

1517424_10203631055873226_62499213826536

10269497_10203631056193234_5153547847919

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

Archived