IGNORED

Schools in town

Wedders

Just on the offchance, does anyone have a kid at the Thepprasit Aksorn school? It's just around the corner from me.

Mine has been going to a French school (speaks French as well as English), but I'm getting pretty disillusioned with it. Spoken Thai isn't as good, but it's not far off. 6 years old this year.

Been here for years, but never even looked at Thai or other international schools as she's stayed in the same one since she started, so I know virtually nothing about them.

Current school costs me 120,000 a year, don't really want to spend a whole lot more than that.

Any thoughts on the schools within easy reach of South Pattaya welcome.

My son goes to Aksorn Thepprasit an so far we have been very happy with it.  Although he is only 4, he is learning every day.  He is fluent in English as well as Thai and is beginning to learn some Chinese as well.  The tuition was 13,000 baht for the term, plus the extras (uniforms, activities, transport, ect...).Many 50/50 kids there as well as a number of falang kids.  I was really pleased with the set up from a security / controlled access point of view, with the smaller children being far from the main gate, which is manned by a guard.  No chance of them wondering off.

My son goes to Aksorn Thepprasit an so far we have been very happy with it.  Although he is only 4, he is learning every day.  He is fluent in English as well as Thai and is beginning to learn some Chinese as well.  The tuition was 13,000 baht for the term, plus the extras (uniforms, activities, transport, ect...).Many 50/50 kids there as well as a number of falang kids.  I was really pleased with the set up from a security / controlled access point of view, with the smaller children being far from the main gate, which is manned by a guard.  No chance of them wondering off.

That sounds good, thanks. Mine is a 50/50 Anglo-Thai, just happens to be a French speaker too for various complicated reasons.

Learning Mandarin is definitely interesting.

Do you know someone at the school I can speak to in English? I'm a single father and my Thai isn't up to the task....

That sounds good, thanks. Mine is a 50/50 Anglo-Thai, just happens to be a French speaker too for various complicated reasons.

Learning Mandarin is definitely interesting.

Do you know someone at the school I can speak to in English? I'm a single father and my Thai isn't up to the task....

Go to the side entrance (Soi off of Thepprasit) to the school and the admin building is there on your right as you go thru the gate.  They had several people there who speak decent english.

Go to the side entrance (Soi off of Thepprasit) to the school and the admin building is there on your right as you go thru the gate.  They had several people there who speak decent english.

Thanks I'll drop by later.

Just one last question.... I know your son is only 4, but do you know how much teaching is in English?

Thanks I'll drop by later.

Just one last question.... I know your son is only 4, but do you know how much teaching is in English?

I think that it is a combination of Thai and English, but mainly Thai.   Although my son had already learned how to do this at home, they are teaching them ABCs and numbers in English now, including learning how to write in English also. 

Aksorn Theprasit teaching is virtually all in Thai - but they do have some native English speakers who take the English lessons. Unfortunately there aren't enough native English speakers on staff for all classes to have their English lessons given by them.  The office staff have limited English and its a bit difficult if you have detailed questions.  Would definitely be an advantage if you could get someone to go with you who can help a bit.  

Fees are way less than the 120,000 you mentioned.  I think last year when first enrolling (girl 5th year primary school 10 y old) it was something like 25000 all up (fees plus uniform plus some extra amounts for music or Chinese lessons or something) for first semester and somewhere around 16,000 second semester.  This year (final year of primary school it was less for first semester (some uniform items were still fitting from last year).

Overall happy with the school by and large.  Main issue is the lack of communication about things going on and extras that the kids seem to need from week to week ( for projects, special days, parades, etc).

Try the BEST BURAPA English Programme School. It's just off Sukhumvit at 253/13, M13, Nongprue, Banglamung. It has a good website where you can check out all the details. I'm sending my 9 year old there in October. I visited it on my last trip and met some teachers. My mates son started there after going to another kindergarten elsewhere. So far they are happy with the school. I think the Bilingual aspect of this type of school is the best for 50/50 kids living in Thailand. There are 3 classes for each age group depending on language skills, ie speaks only Thai or another language, speaks only English and speaks both English and Thai well. They aim to get all kids to the latter in time. www.burapha.ac.th Tel 038-420848.

Archived