IGNORED

Golf - 143rd Open Championship, Royal Liverpool

eanto

Looking forward to this especially as Tiger is back.  How he will play is anyone's guess but I'll be cheering him on anyway.  Had an each-way bet on Jason Day, he's been pretty consistent in the majors recently.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie asked me to start this thread but you came up first , 5555 , told him I am not a golfing man. I think Kayber , the German, will carry on winning another Open with his form, he is on sky high with the back of his wins in America .

Stevie asked me to start this thread but you came up first , 5555 , told him I am not a golfing man. I think Kayber , the German, will carry on winning another Open with his form, he is on sky high with the back of his wins in America .

You can 'Carry on up the Kayber' if you like but I reckon Martin Kaymer's got a chance lol.  A good 11 hours coverage on the Beeb.

You can 'Carry on up the Kayber' if you like but I reckon Martin Kaymer's got a chance lol.  A good 11 hours coverage on the Beeb.

On BBC ?

On BBC ?

Yes, full coverage from 9am Thursday and Tiger tees off 9.04!

Yes, full coverage from 9am Thursday and Tiger tees off 9.04!

F**k , working 8-4.30 . But will have whole day on Saturday and Sunday. And half day on Friday , combined with Tour De France on ITV4 and racing on CH4 . Not too bad , nice to replace the World Cup football, cannot live without a sport on TV , lol.

F**k , working 8-4.30 . But will have whole day on Saturday and Sunday. And half day on Friday , combined with Tour De France on ITV4 and racing on CH4 . Not too bad , nice to replace the World Cup football, cannot live without a sport on TV , lol.

I was in Patts last month and watched 6 hours of the US Open's last day in the Triangle Bar, love it!

im looking at Stenson and Kuchar for this years open, its good to see Tiger back but I don't think he will be involved at the top of the board, part of me wants to be wrong but I just cant see it. I  hope the weather stays good and we can watch some great golf.

I was fancying Justin rose ,but according to the weather report he,s in the worst end of the draw,so having ew doubles and trebles on stenson top euro kuchar top yank Matsuyama top rest of world.i think Matsuyama might surprise a lot of people this lad is the real deal.

After drawing a blank at the Masters have picked 3 for the Open  Manersero 100/1  Furyk 66/1  Dufner 80/1 .

Always a good tournament.  My favorites in order every year are:

Masters

Open

US Open

Can't say I really care if I watch any others.  Of course the Open and US Open can change ranks depending on where they are held.  This years US Open course was not photogenic.  Not that pretty in person I can tell you.  Certainly a challenge of skills and Kaymer was amazing.  But I wasn't crazy about the throwback conditions.

Sadly I'll miss much of the Open.  But the good news is that's because I'll be on a jet flying to Pattaya.   :GoldenSmile1:

After drawing a blank at the Masters have picked 3 for the Open  Manersero 100/1  Furyk 66/1  Dufner 80/1 .

Good call on the Duff me thinks, he's a superb iron player but his putting may cost him.

Love The Open championship.

Get up early and still be able to spend the rest of the day with the family.

Good to see Tiger back.All seems right in the world again with him in the field.

I like Adam Scott.

Although my darkhorse is Angel Cabrera.

Always a good tournament. My favorites in order every year are:

Masters

Open

US Open

Can't say I really care if I watch any others. Of course the Open and US Open can change ranks depending on where they are held. This years US Open course was not photogenic. Not that pretty in person I can tell you. Certainly a challenge of skills and Kaymer was amazing. But I wasn't crazy about the throwback conditions.

Sadly I'll miss much of the Open. But the good news is that's because I'll be on a jet flying to Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

The Masters is just so unique as I think I know the course as good as the Players do.

For viewing I love The Open.

Get up early,alls quiet in the house,make a coffee and watch golf.

Life is something isn't it?

Edit.

Just watching the golf channel and they are talking about all these lads carrying a 1 and 2 irons.

Jason day is hitting his 1 iron 280.lol.love it.

I like Adam Scott.

Same here.   He has been at Hoylake for the last 2 weeks and has played the full 18 holes at least a dozen times, great preparation i think. 14/1.

Bubba Watson has the complete game but hasn't as yet transformed that onto a links course. But a great price  50/1

My third selection is my home town hero Stephen Gallagher,  finished 4th in the Scottish open last week behind Justin Rose and ahead of Mickelson and McIlroy 80/1

Good luck fellows and enjoy the golf which just kicked off 30 minutes ago.  

Stevie

Top group of Adam Scott , Justin Rose and Jason Duffner out this afternoon .   Any of these 3 could well win .

Mikeyboy

Top group of Adam Scott , Justin Rose and Jason Duffner out this afternoon .   Any of these 3 could well win .

Mikeyboy

The beauty of modern tour golf is any of about 40 guys are up to winning any given tournament.  Great parity and great skills 1-100.  

The Masters is just so unique as I think I know the course as good as the Players do.

For viewing I love The Open.

Get up early,alls quiet in the house,make a coffee and watch golf.

Life is something isn't it?

Edit.

Just watching the golf channel and they are talking about all these lads carrying a 1 and 2 irons.

Jason day is hitting his 1 iron 280.lol.love it.

I have a 1 iron too.  Whenever a storm blows in and I'm afraid of getting hit by lightning I get it out and hold it up.  Not even God can hit a 1 iron.

The beauty of modern tour golf is any of about 40 guys are up to winning any given tournament.  Great parity and great skills 1-100.  

I have a 1 iron too.  Whenever a storm blows in and I'm afraid of getting hit by lightning I get it out and hold it up.  Not even God can hit a 1 iron.

My "darkhorse" shit the bed.

I still have an old Ping Zing 2 iron,from my 20's.Cant swing it hard enough to get it off the ground now.

My "darkhorse" shit the bed.

I still have an old Ping Zing 2 iron,from my 20's.Cant swing it hard enough to get it off the ground now.

Heck, I stopped carrying a 3 iron a few years back.  Easier to hit a hybrid and let's face it - staring 60 in the face my swing speed isn't increasing.   :Hello1:

Heck, I stopped carrying a 3 iron a few years back.  Easier to hit a hybrid and let's face it - staring 60 in the face my swing speed isn't increasing.   :Hello1:

Yeah,yeah,yeah.Tell,it to someone who you think is gonna give the extra 1 a side you're digging for.

I was born at night...it wasn't last night.

Yeah,yeah,yeah.Tell,it to someone who you think is gonna give the extra 1 a side you're digging for.

I was born at night...it wasn't last night.

You sound like the guys in Pattaya.  Mean.  I need DUAL knee replacement surgery.  I can hardly walk.  I have played all of 6 rounds of golf since May.  And when I get back there will be no mercy or handicap adjustment.  It's a dog eat dog world out there.  I know at least 30 guys who when they hear I just got into town will be lining up to take advantage of me.  

1 a side?  That's a start.   :Surrender1:

You sound like the guys in Pattaya.  Mean.  I need DUAL knee replacement surgery.  I can hardly walk.  I have played all of 6 rounds of golf since May.  And when I get back there will be no mercy or handicap adjustment.  It's a dog eat dog world out there.  I know at least 30 guys who when they hear I just got into town will be lining up to take advantage of me.  

1 a side?  That's a start.   :Surrender1:

Lolololololol.

I ain't buying what you're sellin.

I was fancying Justin rose ,but according to the weather report he,s in the worst end of the draw,so having ew doubles and trebles on stenson top euro kuchar top yank Matsuyama top rest of world.i think Matsuyama might surprise a lot of people this lad is the real deal.

I like Matsuyama as well , Fowler is my favourite along with Spieth

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

A selection of First round scores.  

Rory                                    -6

Matteo Mannassero            -5

Brooks Koepka                   -4

E. Molinari                          -4

F. Molinari                          -4

Furyk                                  -4

Garcia                                -4

Adam Scott                        -4

Ricky Fowler                      -3

Tiger                                  -3

Boo Weekly                       -3

Dufner                               -2

Speith                                -1

Dustin Johnson                 -1

Westwood                         -1

Mickleson                         +2

G McDowell                      +2

Stevie

i watched Ernie's woeful putting on the 1st hole, crazy.  Thought I was playing for a moment!

Archived