IGNORED

California Steak - Buriram

ThailandWine&Dine

(April 15th)

Buriram - California Steak.

Maybe because I try to avoid the malls I haven't noticed, but there seems to be an explosion of the chains/franchises attempting to do 'fancy fast food' along the same line as Sizzlers. Pretty much everything shut in Buriram for Songkran except for Big C, so it was a choice between KFC, a bunch of fast sushi joints, a California Steakhouse and a Gerry's Steakhouse which seemed to have pretty much the same menu as Sizzlers - a selection of grilled dishes, and 'combos', ie just about any combination of meats on the menu.

They seem really popular with the Thais. So much so that a bunch of employees from California Steak, no sooner had they finished their shift, headed straight into Gerry's opposite for something to eat. Crazy.

The food is ok. Small quantities, but very low prices. Between us we had a sweetcorn soup, chicken steak with salad and chips, salmon steak with the same side dishes, two fruit juices, and a glass of wine. Total cost 440 baht.

Prompt and friendly service, food not fantastic but I don't see how small independents can compete with those prices. Always a good fallback when everything else is shut I suppose.

Find restaurants on our map -California Steak Buriram FB page

10363643_10203631003391914_2603096104183

1908346_10203631003551918_90993336759465

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

Archived