IGNORED

Bamboo Bar - Buriram

ThailandWine&Dine

(April 13th)

Just occasionally some of us need to escape the zoo and visit a bit of real Thailand. This has its pros and cons. One drawback is that once out of Pattaya you will immediately age 25 years. Thais will find you look your age or worse, instead of the hansum young man that looked back at you from the mirror just 24 hours before. Most disconcerting. Must have been the long drive.

Another drawback is that it's not easy to find good farang food in some of the provincial towns.

So having dropped my lady off in the village at 7.30am after a five hour drive, where deafening music was already blaring out for the big party today at her house, I set off for Buriram 25 minutes away. Sorted a room at the Thepnakorn hotel. Now for breakfast.

Songkran is underway here in a good-natured way. No pissed-up farangs with the latest water bazookas trying to knock passers-by off their bikes. The real Songkran, in other words. So I safely made it into the Bamboo Bar, which seemed to be pretty much the only place open in town at 9am other than food stalls and Thai holes-in-the-wall.

Thai-run I think, but the breakfast was spot on. Three large rashers of bacon, grilled tomato, two sausages, beans, two eggs (cooked just right), two toast, tea and orange juice. 160 baht. Don't know yet if the refill is included or not, but regardless, really good value.

Find the restaurants on our map -Bamboo Bar FB page

10363895_10203630997311762_4048184575379

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

Archived