IGNORED

Visa Extension Question - Can I Get a 30 Day Extension?

Sexyfarangman

Right now I'm in Pattaya on a 60 day visa. I want to get it extended so I can stay a total of 68 days. It is my understanding that in the past all that was needed was a trip to the Immigration office in Jomtien for a 30 day extension. However, there was recently on this forum a link to the Thai Visa website where there was a report that at certain land crossings into Thailand the immigration authorities are refusing entry into Thailand from Malaysia and other countries of holders of valid visas obtained in those countries if the holder has just completed a 60 day stay in Thailand. The report quotes immigration officials as telling the visa holders that they would have fly into Thailand from Penang.

Does anyone on this forum know if this new policy will affect my ability to get a 30 day extension from the Jomtien office?

Assume you don't leave the country during these 68 days , you still can get a 30 day extension on a 60 day tourist visa .

Immigration Jomtien , 1900Bht .

You're already in country, so you have nothing to worry about.

Assume you don't leave the country during these 68 days , you still can get a 30 day extension on a 60 day tourist visa .

Immigration Jomtien , 1900Bht .

As far as everything I have heard/read, this is still the case. I would not worry, but it's not a bad idea to keep your ears open.

I think it might be prudent for anyone on a 60 day tourist visa to visit immigration to get the extra 30 days before August 12th as we really don't know what else they might start doing. For all we know the 30 day extension  might become a thing of the past as well as the border runs to activate second entries.

Archived