IGNORED

Taxi to golf course

baklazan

Can somebody recommend reliable and reasonable priced taxi service around Pattaya to get me to some golf course? The distance is just about 20 km, which is not enough for operators I ususaly use when I travel between BKK and Pattaya and too much for motorbike... I dont drive car so it is not an option. Thanks.

I'm guessing you need to get a relationship with a baht bus driver.  I'd make sure to lick a newer nice one.  Then approach him and ask how much to golf course.  How much to pick you up after.  Might be the cheapest way to go.  Of course, if it's just you ride up front with the AC and leave the clubs in back.

If you find a good one get his number.  Everyone on the planet has a cell phone now.  As to price I don't know.

Correct you can always negotiate with a Baht Bus driver or just have the hotel arrange a driver for you or the many taxi service places, must be one close to where you stay they are every where.

Last trip I went to a small tour agency office on Soi Buakow (almost opposite Asia Backpackers) where a girl works on her own. Told her what we wanted and she organised it on the spot. Her english is very good and she made sure it was a big enough car for the clubs. Best part is she looked up the directions to the course, printed a colour map and explained it all to the driver who spoke virtually no English. He then waited the whole afternoon at the golf course until we finished and then drove us back. I think it cost 1200 or something like that but absolutely worth it because I have been stranded before when they dont return and also been driving around aimlessly with drivers that have no idea where they are going.

you  could go to the pattaya golf club in LK  metro, they organize, outings i believe every day to all the popular golf courses 

Problems with agencies and golf clubs is they generaly dont play on weekends. However baht bus seems like good idea, I will try that.

Problems with agencies and golf clubs is they generaly dont play on weekends. However baht bus seems like good idea, I will try that.

Why not visit golf bars and ask for driver contacts that they use  so you will have someone who knows the drill and will be looking for weekend work .

• 2 weeks later...

Witherspoons golf are starting to play some Saturdays although tends to be Rayong CC.

Not sure if you meant you do not drive or do not have a car as it would be almost be as cheap (if not cheaper) hiring a small car for the day/weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used taxis in the past and paid about 1,200 - 1,500 depending on the distance to the course and if they wait for you.  I also know most minivan drivers charge about the same and as noted by someone else you can perhaps get their contact details and use them on what would otherwise be off days on the weekends.  Also they tend to know where the courses are and some taxi drivers will say they know but not really so if you do not know how to get there it can be an issue.  Overall the best bet is to play through bar groups and you can cover all days except perhaps Saturday.  Can look in the Pattaya Mail Friday paper for schedules or on the Pattaya Sports Club website which shows schedules for the upcoming month although there may be changes during the month.

Common sense is not very common.

• 2 weeks later...

goldenferrett golf society play every day out of new plaza. Transport, tee time, fellow golfers and food organised .

Easiest way to go in my opinion,, takes all the hastle out of it for a few bhat,,,,

Peter and Garn will loook aftyer you,,,

Within around half an hours drive from Jom/Pat south I've never paid much more than a thousand bhat and the driver is always waiting for us. Slightly more on longer distances. IMO it's better to have the driver waiting on site rather than having a deal about him coming back to a pretold time. It may start raining, the game goes quicker than planned, but worse; the driver could be given a better deal to attend to throughout the day and not show up for the drive home. The key issue I guess, - is always to negotiate in advance and not after the car/bus has arrived. Anyhow its better to give a good driver his reward than to throw good money after lousy caddies.

But as a rule both drivers and caddies are par for the course, but the atlete himself seldom seem to impress anybody:-) :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody recommend reliable and reasonable priced taxi service around Pattaya to get me to some golf course? The distance is just about 20 km, which is not enough for operators I ususaly use when I travel between BKK and Pattaya and too much for motorbike... I dont drive car so it is not an option. Thanks.

I've just arrived back from a 2 week, 10 game trip to Patts. For our last 3 trips we've used a lady named Itsara, phone number 0899880411....she isn't the driver , his name is Weerach...or Weelut. We used him every day, the best driver we've used in all our 10 trips. I emailed Itsara before leaving Australia to get prices and when the golf was booked I just gave her our pick-up times every morning. Everything ran like clockwork. After our golf we showered and had lunch and when leaving the golf club he was waiting for us with all our gear in the car. And this guy really knows his way around, been a taxi driver in Pattaya for 27 years. Maybe a little exxy for some, but courses like Burapha, Laem Chabang, Pattaya the price was 1500 baht (we did have a large Toyota SUV). In the past we've used different taxis (Mr T) and always had problems in the morning (driver late) and after golf (driver not there). We're happy to pay a premium for top service.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

....btw....the first time we used Itsara, one of my mates banged her in the bargain

• 1 month later...

goldenferrett golf society play every day out of new plaza. Transport, tee time, fellow golfers and food organised .

Easiest way to go in my opinion,, takes all the hastle out of it for a few bhat,,,,

Peter and Garn will loook aftyer you,,,

i agree with you 100%,played out of there last trip,club storage upstairs in the loft,all good,no need to join PSC,put your name on the board the day before and turn up for breakfast,bus leaves around 10.30.

Check with Ikkrang, our favorite LLT girl loves to play.  She is not bad either.  She would likely be able to help you with transportation ideas and if you get along maybe something more interesting.  You can find my TR for some pics of us on a course...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/237305-a-clown-visits-town/

Joker...

Check with Ikkrang, our favorite LLT girl loves to play. She is not bad either. She would likely be able to help you with transportation ideas. You can find my TR for some pics of us on a course...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/237305-a-clown-visits-town/

Joker...

Further to the previous poster's comments...

The lady in question is 27, has been a caddy for several years in her late teens. Her parents were caddies, as were her two sisters. Her parents encouraged her to practice as much as she could, and as a result, she plays a decent game herself.

She has recently set up herself as a driver/unofficial tourist guide/golf companion.

She has her own car, drives herself and you to your destination. She has been in golf in the province for ten years now, knows most of the courses, and, the prices. She will drive you and your golf partner there and back, or partner you if you are on your own.

She owns two sets of clubs, hers, and her sister's larger set, if you want to save rental fees.

Rather then me going into more detail, contact her by email, and she will answer your questions. She speaks and reads reasonable English, and her charges are fair.

On top of that, she is pleasant company..

Email : [email protected]

In this recommendation, there are no promises of any more service then what I described above.

You maybe lucky, but don't count on it....

• 7 months later...

I've just arrived back from a 2 week, 10 game trip to Patts. For our last 3 trips we've used a lady named Itsara, phone number 0899880411....she isn't the driver , his name is Weerach...or Weelut. We used him every day, the best driver we've used in all our 10 trips. I emailed Itsara before leaving Australia to get prices and when the golf was booked I just gave her our pick-up times every morning. Everything ran like clockwork. After our golf we showered and had lunch and when leaving the golf club he was waiting for us with all our gear in the car. And this guy really knows his way around, been a taxi driver in Pattaya for 27 years. Maybe a little exxy for some, but courses like Burapha, Laem Chabang, Pattaya the price was 1500 baht (we did have a large Toyota SUV). In the past we've used different taxis (Mr T) and always had problems in the morning (driver late) and after golf (driver not there). We're happy to pay a premium for top service.

sound fantastic- am just in the process to organize my golf trip for July. So in addition to her phone number could you offer the email address of Itsara as well?

sound fantastic- am just in the process to organize my golf trip for July. So in addition to her phone number could you offer the email address of Itsara as well?

No [email protected]

she writes and speaks pretty good English.....our recent golf trip in March this year we had a different driver, a young bloke named Kim, same car as before, I think it belongs to Weelut. Kim is a very careful driver, a lot slower driver than Weelut but always got us to golf on time and was always early for the pick up. Most obliging, on 2 occasions we left stuff behind at golf clubs and the next day he made the necessary detours so we could pick it up. Fortunately both times we were playing in the same area.....I guess if you went to Emerald the day after leaving stuff at Burapha it wouldn't be possible.

Anyway, I'm sure if you use Itsara you'll be happy with the service.

From memory the most expensive fare was 2200 baht going to Mountain Shadow, Emerald, Bangpra (remember it's a round trip hotel-golf-hotel). Courses closer like Pattaya the fare was 1500 baht

Good luck.

Archived