IGNORED

Chaweng - Koh Samui

JonnyR

Going to Samui for 4 days in Sept.

Staying at Baan Samui Resort which is apparently close to Soi Green Mango. Will be bringing the TGF with me and am just wondering about the bars/clubs in the area. I chose this area of Chaweng as it's supposed to be quiet at nighttime and not too far from the good nightspots.

I thought the Green Mango club was on Soi Green Mango but it doesn't appear to be. Looks about 1/2 mile away.

Is the Ark Bar Beach party worth attending?

Is the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan worth attending and if you go should you book a room on the Island or do schuttle boats ferry people back and forth at all hours? My dates co-inside with the Sept FMP but not sure if it'd be worth it, sounds like a lot of hassle just for a massive rave.

Any day time activities worth doing? I'm not doing an Island boat tour - did one of those in Phuket and not getting out of bed at 6.30am again. Going home at that time is a different story.

Thanks in advance.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I have a pal from work who is heading there at the same time

shuttle boats ferry people back and forth at all hours

was 400 baht 5 years ago, not sure

well worth seeing the party for once

green mango is about right in the centre of chewang beach

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Have a Beer in 'Tropical Murphy's. It's not far from where you're staying in Chaweng.

If you go to Koh Phangan (for the FMP) on a Speed Boat then make sure your phone/valuables are double plastic bag Sealed or your stuff will get ruined by Seawater Spray during the trip or soaked whilst you are (sometimes over waiste deep) in the sea whilst getting Off/On the Speed Boat at the FMP beach.

Think 'Dunkirk'

'Ang Thong Marine Park'

Imo, It is what Alex Garland's Commune characters in his book 'The Beach' didn't want their Island Paradise to turn into.

I stayed at ark bar in April, just used to stay on the beach till about 1am, then hit green mango, full of bars and a couple of clubs at the end, green mango club, think they stay open till about 3 or 4 am, if going to full moon party, you will be lucky to get a room on the island just for 1 night, usually 3 or 4 night minimum, there's a tour desk outside ark bar, 1000 baht for return on speed boat and transfers to your hotel

Make sure to only take cash and cigs to FMP. The rest you'll otherwise lose. You'll lose your GF too, but don't worry, you'll meet new friends at FMP. Judging on the crowd that goes over there (seen it twice), I prefer staying in Chaweng duirng FMP.

If you go over to the FMP with someone then when you get there,Agree on a Meeting point to make for if you get split up.

Maybe near the Tourist police Station  might be a good choice.

Don't lose your return ticket for getting back to Samui.

Someone once told me it's better to only book a one way ticket to get there. When leaving buy another one way ticket to samui. Why? If you buy a return you are stuck to that boat company and wait in the long line of people returning. If you buy a one way you apparently get right on board, skipping the line.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan worth attending and if you go should you book a room on the Island or do schuttle boats ferry people back and forth at all hours? My dates co-inside with the Sept FMP but not sure if it'd be worth it, sounds like a lot of hassle just for a massive rave.

Any day time activities worth doing?

Yes, Friday night in particular at Ark Bar is a great place with a girlfriend.  Good music, good vibe, fire shows, good energy till 1230 am.  Then it begins to taper off as people head out to other venues.

RE FMP, perhaps you've answered your own question, 'sounds like a lot of hassle just for a massive rave".  imho. yes, it is. There are probably much better things to do with your gf.   Unless you and her are into all night loud parties w/o a break, this will leave you exhausted and questioning yourself at 630am wondering wtf was I thinking, I just should be in bed with my gf five hours ago.  It would also wipe out two of the four days you have.

imho, Biznizface's suggestion regarding..."The Ang Thong National Marine Park..." is a good one, probably, a much better way to check out another area than FMP.

I can tell you the most fun is getting a decent scooter and checking things out around the island. Note, to guys, There is a brand new, mega cool Go Cart facility that opened July 2014, new carts, track, full bar.   Looked like fun to me the few days I saw it, pre-opening.  

fyi, the waterfall is a complete canard, waste of time and a disgusting array of pipes feeding water down a difficult spillway of rocks.  This is not a waterfall you'd put in a move, far from it.  sometimes it is barely a trickle of smelly water. 

When you're fucking, its life.  Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

• 5 months later...

Staying at Baan Samui Resort which is apparently close to Soi Green Mango. Will be bringing the TGF with me and am just wondering about the bars/clubs in the area. I chose this area of Chaweng as it's supposed to be quiet at nighttime and not too far from the good nightspots.

I thought the Green Mango club was on Soi Green Mango but it doesn't appear to be. Looks about 1/2 mile away.

Any day time activities worth doing? I'm not doing an Island boat tour - did one of those in Phuket and not getting out of bed at 6.30am again. Going home at that time is a different story.

Thanks in advance.

was that 'Baan sawan samui resort' ?

thats where iv booked for my stay in samui, if so what did you think of the hotel ?

cheers

Archived