IGNORED

How much do you tip the taxi driver?

globalexperiences

If it's a cutie like nam, meow, etc, tack on an additional 100 baht to your normal tip. Only if it's them personally of course.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

300 Baht

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I recently missed out on Nam picking me up, she was simply too busy, so I booked with one of the other women led agencies.

My driver was a man, but she assured me a very safe driver.

He was, the pick up wss at midnite at. The airport, he drove me to Sattahip, comfortable car. Fee was 1600, i had only 1000 Bills, gave him 2000, and decided that at that hour of the night, I couldn't be bothered with change.

So he got 400 baht tip.

Having looked st the economics of the business via my conection with Nam, I have come to the conclusion that for a lot of owner drivers, their up front fees sometimes leave very little margin if profit. If the raise the price, they lose custom, if they lower it, they lose their profit margin.

I worked out recently the cost of an average days driving, 500 km

Fuxed cost about 1500 (depreciation, cost if capital invested in the car, insurance, registration etc)

running cost, petrol, car wash, water, incidentals, toll fee, about 1000 bt

If she'd charge 3000 a one day, all in hire, she'd only net 500 bt, and carry all the risks of unexpected extra costs, no compensation for days not worked like Sundays, for sicknes days etc.

I suggested she needs to charge at least 3500 /day, and extra if the trip is more then 500 km

I realise this is a very rough calculation, but seeing ut close up, It convinced me that it us not a goldmine.

A tip will be gratefully accepted by all drivers

100 if they are crap. 200 is my norm and 300 if its Nam driving me because she earns it with providing me a nich drink and friendly conversation while driving very safe.

100 if they are crap. 200 is my norm and 300 if its Nam driving me because she earns it with providing me a nich drink and friendly conversation while driving very safe.

Why would you tip them if they're crap?

Heading from Suvarnabhum to Pattaya. How much do you tip?

Mr T is a 1000 and I always lob the Guy 200 on top

It's an agreed upon prize.... unless they do something other than bringing me safely to or from the airport (stopping at a bank/ 7 11 on my request, waiting for my delayed flight... comes to mind) i don't tip. If they advertize in big letters 1000 baht, then why paying 20% more? But up to you :-)

I find it hard to believe you advocate this........They must love you !

200b tip if a good trip, if crap nothing and I won't use that company again.

200 baht....I usually give 1200-1300 for the Pattaya-airport ride...

as much as i want to.

I normally pay up to 1500 baht for taxi service from BKK to Pattaya and give a 200 baht tip. I figure the trip is about 5 hours and about 200 miles (300 km) round trip. I expect a speedy, comfortable and safe trip and normally thats what I get. I don't mind paying 1700 baht ( just under $60). These taxi drivers operate on a small wage scale and I don't mind paying a decent price for a decent service. All farangs aren't cheap charlies. Now if the taxi driver picked up a fare for the return trip he would make out nicely, but I'm thinking they drive back empty more often that not. So my payment is the total for their service back and forth on the trip.

Now if the taxi driver picked up a fare for the return trip he would make out nicely, but I'm thinking they drive back empty more often that not. So my payment is the total for their service back and forth on the trip.

That is factored into their fare...

There was 3 of us and we gave 300.

Archived