IGNORED

Certified translation of passport.

cfcjeff 59

Hi i live in sakon nakhon, but will be coming down to patts to visit friends soon. Can anybody recommend a firm or shop that will do a certified traslation of my GB passport into thai, i need this for my local amphur office so i can get my name on tabien baan, i have all the other documents and photos they require. Many thanks in advance.

I had mine translated in Udon Thani for the same reason a couple of  years ago.  The authorities there would only accept a translation from a small list of approved translators and non of them were cheap.    Before you go to Pattaya check with your local authority that they will accept it done from an office there.  From memory it was 2,000 baht for mine to be done.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

IIRC "certified translators" are licensed similarly to notary publics, and many law offices have at least one on staff. That is where I would start looking. But, if you can get a list of ones which are acceptable to your local PTB that would probably be a better place to start.

"Certified" may mean that the translation, which can be done almost anywhere, must then be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Bangkok for the official certification.  It costs a couple of thousand baht but the translation offices can do that for you. I used one on Soi Post Office and it wasn't the only one on the Soi that could do it. Can't remember any details to ID the exact place but it was close to The Pump Station. May not be necessary, but not difficult if needed.

FYI, mine was for my Thai divorce certificate

Had to get a lot more stamps than mentioned above for my yellow book including Dr  report (health) etc think without a lie I had 40 stamps/paper by the time I was finished

Now the main office address/starting point  I can not remember is at the top of Nakula and then a right turn for about 2 kilometer  maybe some other guys have the address

I would go there with a thai friend and get the info there

Was not so expensive as mentioned above but did take a while and maybe x 3 -4 different offices before I had sorted

It is simply a pain in the ass but once you have you have forever only advice I can give is leave yourself plenty of time to go through the process

Regards

mrjd

PS: Of course each locality may differ as regards the requirements but still think the office I mentioned would be best to get the official translator address if somebody can give you the address of the office that deals with it in pattaya you would be good to go

Archived