IGNORED

Sabai Empress

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I stayed for 4 nights recently at the Sabai Empress. I wanted a change from the LK area and being that it's up at the Drinking Street (fave BB complex) end of second road then I thought I would give it a go. This is a 3 star hotel and is part of the Sabai Group 

As I live in LoS, I booked by phone and bagged an upgrade 1,100THB pn for a corner suite (room only). The hotel is guest friendly and the rooms and foyer are modern. The Empress was devoid of any atmosphere as Patts IMHO is more quiet than usual (even accounting for low season).

The hotel has a small, but nice roof top pool. The rooms are spotless and all the fittings are in good condition. The Corner Suite rooms are enormous,  one down-side though, is that there is no balcony.

Big C is just across the road, it is a 5 minute walk up to Drinking Street and a short stroll to Beach Road and a Baht Bus to Walking Street.

In summary, I would give the place 6/10...pretty good. I would give it 9/10 for value (current prices are discounted). 

I later moved over to Cenatara Nova Spa - I did a report on that last year, that was 1,700THB pn and is real class, but it is a little off the beaten track.

Empress pics below.....

DSC_0098_big.jpg

DSC_0015_big.jpg

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Thanks for the information mate, reports like yours always help when looking for somewhere new to stay. Looks like good value for money in the North Patts area !

Thanks, the Sabai Empress looks very nice and great value. Can you let me know if the Internet worked in the rooms? I need to work while I'm there and working in the lobby just doesn't cut it. Thanks in advance. 

Thanks for the information mate, reports like yours always help when looking for somewhere new to stay. Looks like good value for money in the North Patts area !

I quite like North Patts for a change from LK...Drinking Street sees plenty of trainee BGs fresh from Issan  :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks, the Sabai Empress looks very nice and great value. Can you let me know if the Internet worked in the rooms? I need to work while I'm there and working in the lobby just doesn't cut it. Thanks in advance. 

Sorry mate, I should have mentioned wifi in my hotel report. No probs with emails, but that was all I used it for. I think the wifi at the empress is better than in most places in Patts.

Sabai group very good Have stayed at The Empress but now

stay at the Sabai Wing has a balcony and good pool and pool bar

Looks great for the price!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

Empress no balcony , poor breakfast not kept hot, pool ok on the roof ok but small , the hotel good location for bhrt bus, our room but not all the shower was in the and bath water goes everywhere, looked at the Sabai Resort much nicer everything we thought would be my choice if staying at  Sabai hotel the Empress pretty soulless .filed it under OK for the money .....

• 7 months later...

Archived