IGNORED

chicago/bkk

stevie1026

just booked aug20-sep18  $1000.00 RT    Cathay Pacific....also room at landmark Bangkok hotel for last 2 nights $60.00 per....seems the events in Thailand have lowered prices, I paid damn near $2000.00 for same flight last august.

Welcome to the forum. That's a good rate for the Landmark.

Retired

This year airfares are reasonable.

2015 airfares have gone way up.. My usual ticket into Manila on Delta went up $500..

The Asian airlines are still a little lower.

just booked aug20-sep18  $1000.00 RT    Cathay Pacific.....seems the events in Thailand have lowered prices, I paid damn near $2000.00 for same flight last august.

What booking company did you use?

That's a pretty good price from Chicago.

I booked 26 Nov to 27 Dec on Korean for $802 out of Seattle.

That price for The Landmark is very, very, GOOD!!

That's a cheap flight! I paid $1,200 for my flight from Denver To BKK back in March. But then I'm picky about my departure and layover times. I really do like flying Cathy Pacific, but their ergonomic seats are a bit uncomfortable.

booked at orbitz....believe it was $70 something per and I applied orbitz dollars to get it to $60.00....

cosmic...I have flown Cathay last several trips....with early check in I have allways got the exit row, Except one time I paid 200.00 for the" larger" economy class....every time coming home got the exit row checking in at bkk  3-4 hrs early.

for hkk/ord and ord/hk legs only....packed in like a sardine bkk/hk and hk/bkk but its only a couple hours.

to get the best price using Cathay I allways had to deal with the 13-14 hr. layover in HK coming home. This trip is an itinerary I have never seen before....I depart ORD at 12 50am, arrive bkk around 10:00am thru HK, coming home leave bkk 12;30 pm and arrive ORD 8:30pm. Previous allways departed Chicago around 3"00pm with the midnight bkk arrival and departed BKK 7:00pm and arrived Chicago around 1:00pm with the damn 13 hr. layover.

You need to fly from SFO, or LAX to Manila or BKK, even now you can get fights on China Airlines to Manila for $880.00 tx included, most of the year flights to BKK with the exception of summer months you get flights under $1000, true enough Summer months are peak flight time, so you pay. 

You dont really notice that there is a Coup in Thailand unless your involved in Politics or a local. 

Just enjoy. 

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Ye should check out the Mandarin hotel in Silom/Sathorn...unbeatable for about $45 a night..Centrally located too

I am on that same flight out of Chicago on the 20th. See ya at the Airport..

Outstanding!! Suggesting China Eastern or China Airlines as equals to Cathay Pacific is a disservice. CX is one of the top airline in flyer satisfaction and has earned that label. When passengers roundly criticized their pod seating, the airline has moved to phase it out of service. You'll generally find those awful seats gone from all long haul aircraft.

You got a great deal on your airfare. Hope you enjoy the flight and your trip.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

Congratulations on the superior price - Cathay is a superior airline. (I agree with the prior posting - China Airlines or China Eastern are not anywhere in the same league as Cathay.)

Cathay added a 2nd flight to/from ORD beginning August 2. Only 3 days/week though.

I'm surprised you guys don't use a wholesaler (offline) like uschinatrip.  While you cannot pick the airline upfront, the price is competitive and you have greater choice of times to leave and which route you want to take.  I tried it once a few years ago and got a great deal.  $770 one way from Big Island, Hawaii, to BKK and much cheaper than everything else that was available.

Anything around $1000 for a round-trip ticket from USA to Thailand is supposed to be excellent.  

"....If you can't love your partner just the way she is, somebody else can love her just as she is...."

"...we're not looking for someone to love, we're looking for someone to control and manipulate. There's a war of control in human relationships because...."

"...We are alive and we need to take risks....and if we fail? So what! We learn and move on without judgement"

"You make a choice, and you are responsible for your choices. Then if your choices aren't working too well, you don't blame yourself [or your partner]; you simply make another choice."

- excerpts from The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz.

Archived