IGNORED

Can Pattaya become boring

Live4Hedonism

I've had two independent sources tell me how after initially loving the place, after being burnt by a few girls (being loved up), they could only see it as a cesspool of deception and sadness. It was kind of spooky how similar some of their comments were. Is this in any way similar to your views?

I just didn't understand why the deception came as a revelation, these girls are paid to tell you what you want to hear, and if you're foolish enough to launch into a romance, up to you but at least be prepared to deal with the likely outcome. The sadness thing (suggesting that all girls are sad despite outward appearances), well some might suggest the same of mongers - we're all deep down sad, trying to fill a void with meaningless sex. Perhaps some element of truth to it, but it's called the human condition, we're (largely) never satisfied with what we have.

Just the two sources ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having a pop at you Tony but you only visit the place so it would seem good to you, same with Gar, ask him where he prefers to live ?

Me ? I've been here nearly 8 years now and to be honest I hate the place with a passion. Not going to go into reasons on here but if we ever bump into each other again I'll tell you my reasons.

so are you bored along with hating it?

what you gonna do about it?  

I can certainly see where locating somewhere in Thailand  besides Pattaya would be smart, then the visits to Pattaya are just that, and one can party for a week then drive home... god would I love to live close enough to Pattaya to drive there!

WE PRAY pattaya dosent become borring.   if so where can we go.

this may be part of the make up of the flying club members?

I get bored very easily now whereas for the first couple of years I loved it, was out most nights and did things I could only dream about before I came here, now I've done most of the things I wanted to do and so life here can become boring.

Not going to become a member of the flying club as I hate heights, believe it or not I'm quite an optimistic person who thinks along the lines of "today was shit, so tomorrow can only be better"

I can certainly see where locating somewhere in Thailand  besides Pattaya would be smart, then the visits to Pattaya are just that, and one can party for a week then drive home... god would I love to live close enough to Pattaya to drive there!

Perfect if you have something to do, I've had the village life and after a couple of months I was climbing up the walls, like I said I get bored very easy and need something to do to keep my mind occupied, up there in the jungle there was nothing..

I've had two independent sources tell me how after initially loving the place, after being burnt by a few girls (being loved up), they could only see it as a cesspool of deception and sadness. It was kind of spooky how similar some of their comments were. Is this in any way similar to your views?

I got burnt by the first love of my life in Thailand but got off lightly compared to others and hopefully learnt a big lesson early on. Like I've said in my post above, I get bored very easily and the Gogo and bargirl thing just doesn't work for me now.

I get bored very easily now whereas for the first couple of years I loved it, was out most nights and did things I could only dream about before I came here, now I've done most of the things I wanted to do and so life here can become boring.

Not going to become a member of the flying club as I hate heights, believe it or not I'm quite an optimistic person who thinks along the lines of "today was shit, so tomorrow can only be better"

Perfect if you have something to do, I've had the village life and after a couple of months I was climbing up the walls, like I said I get bored very easy and need something to do to keep my mind occupied, up there in the jungle there was nothing..

I got burnt by the first love of my life in Thailand but got off lightly compared to others and hopefully learnt a big lesson early on. Like I've said in my post above, I get bored very easily and the Gogo and bargirl thing just doesn't work for me now.

so, now what?

you have a good business in Pattaya, yes?

do you want to sell it or take a passive role and go do something else somewhere else?

so, now what?

you have a good business in Pattaya, yes?

do you want to sell it or take a passive role and go do something else somewhere else?

Who knows ? One day I may just wake up and say "fuck it, I'm off". Did it once in England when I went to see my brother in Oz, I basically had a long weekend there after planning to stay a month but got bored after a couple of days   :Think1:

One thing I'm 100% certain of though, is that if I knew then what I know now, then I would not have made the move to live here. I envy so much the people who come here on holiday as they have something in their lives to look forward too, same as I used to have when I was just holidaying here. That sums it up for me, I used to get the buzz about the place and everything and now I'm here the buzz has gone.

Been here for about 5 years living for about six months of the year. It can become tedious. The first year I spent in Pattaya and took advantage of the facilities available. I didn't get so much bored but wanted something different and bit more quiet. Think if you are getting bored with Pattaya you are getting bored with life itself. Moved to Jomtien for the slower pace of life. Got meself a scooter. All legal, ie, license, insurance, etc. Have been going around the Chonburi area and out of the way places and had a brilliant time. I haven't stopped yet. Still loads more places to visit within scooter range.

In the first year I was BF'ing a new girl every day. Soon got bored with it, My mates back in the UK think I am crazy. Now just have 3 girls I know and use on a regular basis. One went home to get married and is having a kid. So have a vacancy. The fun is lookiing for a replacement and take her for a test drive.

So 'all in all' I have made a life here. Have a good set of drinking pals. A couple of decent Thai pals, but, mostly mix with english speaking ex-pats. I think it is what you make it.

Future plans are to explore the countries around here, ie, Cambodia, Laos, Myamar, Vietnam, etc. So far so happy.

With all Pattaya has to offer it can NEVER get boring. The only constraint is cash. Try living in Doncaster on a wet weekend in January and then tell me Pattaya is boring.

• 2 weeks later...

"you do not know what you got till its gone" 

Like the above poster said, try living in this god forsaken place and then you will know true bordem/hate/ losingthewilltolive 

Anything under a size 16 here and you got to have major wong just to get it to go for a drink with you 

I assume everybody is different so this is just my take on the question.  I tend to get burnt out on BKK and Pattaya after about 3 weeks.  I don't come to vacation and take it easy I come for ... well you know what I come for.  My upcoming trip I booked for four weeks so I could take it a bit slower and have more down time.  Everybody is different how long before you hit the wall or you become AFO. 

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your personality....plenty of depressed people in every country and then there are those who live life on the edge and try different things.....yes PTT can get boring if you do the same shit everyday for weeks....

When I find myself starting to feel like bored then I change it up and do things out of my comfort zone....what ever that may be....

Routine is boring no matter what you are doing...

I think it would only become boring if I ran out of money...

will hopefully be able to put this theory to the test before i die...

but with reserves in place of course... hahaha!

When people start to reside in Pattaya full time or stay repeatedly for long periods. Many soon become bored of behaving like 2 week millionaires, even if they have sufficient funds to do so on a permanent basis.

Lot's of other things to do though.

I personally am very bored with certain aspects of Pattaya life, but most certainly am not bored with Pattaya / Thailand as a whole.

You can stay at home and be bored, or you can go to Patts and be bored.

I think the key is to have a sustainable range of activities and a network of good Mates.

I you're not working, then same rules apply, no matter where you are.

If you hang your hat on the Bar Culture to keep you fulfilled, then that will surely run its course.

Like anywhere, you need to keep evolving and keep your mind active.

This may come as a shock to some BMs but Pattaya has everything a so called "Normal" town has.

You just need to seek it out.

You can stay at home and be bored, or you can go to Patts and be bored.

I think the key is to have a sustainable range of activities and a network of good Mates.

I you're not working, then same rules apply, no matter where you are.

If you hang your hat on the Bar Culture to keep you fulfilled, then that will surely run its course.

Like anywhere, you need to keep evolving and keep your mind active.

This may come as a shock to some BMs but Pattaya has everything a so called "Normal" town has.

You just need to seek it out.

You are exactly right, around the Dark Side, you see the same faces sitting in the same bar stools every day. They are simply people waiting to die.

There are loads of attrative Thai ladies in the age range 25  35 with a variety of background and education who just did not meet that guy in their life giving them space to be modern women.

They want a Soul Mate and a kid or two and is prepared to cater to your cock when ever your desires requires, in return.

I have seen recently posts which indiates that some end up in the high . end entertainment industry, but they are all over and not necessarily from BKK. If you pursue other locasions than the bars in Ptya you will meet, If the 4 x yr is your thing, then no further deliberations and when Patts dry out move on to Angeles City in Phili

Staying here in Pattaya/Jomtien for 3 month now and yes it starts to boring me.

Before i have lived for 4 years in the South, country side. Now i start to miss the quiet life and fresh air. - I know, the grass is...

I have been here for over 3 years now and the place does get boring after a while.  My biggest issue is that I really miss working and may return to the US because of that and the fact that my children will have better opportunities in the long run in the US than here.  Right now I am still in Thailand to be with my family and I cannot imagine being away from them for 6-12 months while I get resettled back home and go thru the visa process.

Where ever you go and settle, that encounter is an encounter with yourself. 12 years ago I sat in a bistro I frequented 3 -4 times a week with my then wife and son, or with son only or allone (mosty not). The bistro is in a square mile which tops the accumulation of capital on private hands, in the world, I had a house there and had lived there for 10 years,

I was bored.

I arround me was ammassed an amount of wealth which meant that anything was possible if you just approach people with the right ideas, projects, initiatives. Still, I was bored.

In a flash of insight I realized that the potential of the wealth and the individuals around me was greater than my own.

If I was bored in the square mile of most ammased wealth in the world it meant that I did not have the calibre to make use of this opportunity and had met the limitations of my own potential.

In this split of a second I knew who I  am, my outline. The recognition was not as painful as I would have thought, I was ready for it.

Incidentally I moved away, not so much for this recognition but to leave my intrusive ex-wife at a distance and cater for other family commitments.

I could have stayed as it is a great place to live but I would have had to re-invent my lifestyle to get out of the boredom.

By moving and pursuing a dream I had of finding a Thai wife and settle with her I created changes in my life which challenged me and occupies me.

We are on the move again, Singapore and a new house in Thailand.

In a way the required reinvention if I had stayed in in the Square Mile would have been more of a challenge in a positive sense. To create stimulation through divorce, moving and  establish a new nest and new friends is easy, the stimuli empose themselves on us.

To re-invent is more demanding, but possible.

I think  Chonburi and Pattaya is a great place to live but you have to have the calibre and self dicipline for re-invention like in any other place.

It is an encounter with yourself.

Did this make sense, did it do anything for anyone?

It is my personal experience anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

If Pattaya gets boring, you can always bring a close mate along for company?

I must admit it can be "tedious" at times. Example the repetition of going drinking and playing pool. However there are plenty of other things to do in Pattaya.

If your still bored there is always other options like traveling to another place like the Phillipines. 

If Pattaya gets boring, you can always bring a close mate along for company?

Or witness an 'End of the World' tongue and attitude lashing from a pissed off western female being heaped on her dumbfuck husband for bringing her to Pattaya in the first place.

What was he Thinking???

Good entertainment though for spectators.

Or witness an 'End of the World' tongue and attitude lashing from a pissed off western female being heaped on her dumbfuck husband for bringing her to Pattaya in the first place.

What was he Thinking???

Good entertainment though for spectators.

Probably thinking why the fuck did I saddle myself with this mule? I want to go and play with some nice Thai girls.... :GoldenSmile1:

She probably thinking. I f***ing hate these Thai women, I can't make myself the centre of attention with so many better looking girls around.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope :Think1:

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Being world  weary anywhere is a state of mind that you can do something about.

Being world  weary in Pattaya is worse as where else are you going to go?

£10 for 3 minutes of a Lap dancer's attention back home holds little appeal to a Pattaya addict who has been spoiled by what is on offer in the LOS.

Archived