IGNORED

Applying for British Passport for my Thai Daughter..... would appreciate some advice

artiful_dodger

Hi Everyone

I need to go to Bangkok and apply for my daughters British Passport. I have an appointment booked with the Application centre and understand the process that I have to do.

However, could someone help me with what documents etc I will need to take along with my application.

I would much appreciate any help with this, I can't find any info on this.

Thanks in advance 

I did this for my boy back in 2006, seem to remember i needed my documents such as birth certificate, passport and even my divorce certificate from UK, the mothers thai documents( which had to be translated by a certifed lawyer and stamped),and the childs thai birth certificate also translated.

The only way to know for sure is to call the embassy in Bangkok, surely they will tell you.

I did this for my boy back in 2006, seem to remember i needed my documents such as birth certificate, passport and even my divorce certificate from UK, the mothers thai documents( which had to be translated by a certifed lawyer and stamped),and the childs thai birth certificate also translated.

The only way to know for sure is to call the embassy in Bangkok, surely they will tell you.

thanks for the info.

I will just take all documents I can think of. I guess they will tell me at the interview if something is missing. Then i will get it and make another appointment.

This is what I can gather is needed, please add something if you know I've missed something:

-2 passport photos (1 countersigned)

-OS Passport application

-Passport Payment Form

-Colour copies of Mother and Fathers passport (every page)

-My parents birth certificates (british parents)

-My birth certificate

-Babies Translated Birth certificate 

-Translated Thai House Book

Maybe this can help someone else aswell.

I got my kids passport a few months ago and they requested my missus birth certificate as supplementary evidence by the passport office in Liverpool. Just make sure that's available if needed. Good luck

I could recommend a translator that we used if you live in Pattaya. PM if you have any questions only too happy to help

Archived