IGNORED

Smoke in Chang Mai

One hung low

I have heard that Chang Mai can get quite smoky during certain times of year from the burning.

Which months are the worst?

After each Rice Crop has been collected they burn off the waste Normally second crop causes more pollution combined with the Heat etc but never found it a issue.

Jakarta now that is Bad and unless you suffer from SOB COPD or such Chaing Mai should not be an issue

Ghosty

Thought you were going to ask where can you get it?

I was there back in Early April and it was shocking some days... In fact I cut my trip short by a day because of it. 

Was told it was bad time to go, but how bad could it be I thought... It was bad ! 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 year later...

That is exactly my thoughts, bit public I thought and chance of getting someone else in trouble as I am sure this sort of site would be monitored by the Jon'Dame' 

• 2 weeks later...

I made the trp in march and the smoke was bad. My eyes were burning riding a motorbike. I would not go back at this time of year.

I'm talking od crop burning smoke, by the way.

I was there in March, my eyes itched a little after visiting Doi Suthep, otherwise OK.  It's a regional problem, some years worse than others.  Need some rain to wash it away.

Here are two shots near the north gate, taken in the fall and spring, respectively

September, you can see the temple in the upper right

DSC_5706.jpg

In March you wouldn't know there's a mountain there

DSC_9002.jpg

Retired

• 1 year later...

Archived