IGNORED

Inn Place Jomtien? Need to book soon!

fusionx

Looking for a place to stay in Jomtien, August 28th - September 15th.

Can anyone confirm that Inn Place on Soi 6 Jomtien is a good value, and allows "guests" with no hassle?

It's cheap and gets great reviews all around.

I should mention, I like a place with an elevator, good wi-fi, and a balcony is a must, as I smoke, but only outside :)

There was a small balcony with plastic chairs and table. I stayed for 4 or 5 days. Clean, good wifi, free PCs in lobby, refrigerator of adequate size, quite at night, good shower, guest (I only had one at a time) by law must show ID but there was no problem taking them up the elevator. It was worth the money in my opinion. Very short walk down to beach, cut thru a parking lot to walk on Soi 5. I think I reserved room using latestays.com 

Edit: there were several 7-11 and Family Marts within easy walking. Plenty of places to eat or drink nearby. Girls in bars on Soi3/4/5 are worth a look. Five minutes away from the beach is ROMPHO bar complex, not too much for beers and plenty of mid level bargirls to talk with and an occasional gem. 

Stayed there for 16 days in February and will stay there again. Friendly staff, laundry next door, beach about 60 metres away, bars 50 metres, and yet it is very quiet. I have nothing but good things to say about this place, definately recommendable.

Hey - thanks so much for the quick responses! The place really does sound awesome.

Thanks for the details :)

You are welcome, hope you enjoy your stay :GoldenSmile1:

Booked on Agoda, after clicking through the Forum links. I can't wait - it's been a year since I was in Pattaya.

I'm going to Pattaya specifically to see if I really like Jomtien. I'll be getting a bit of dental work done, since it's so cheap and high-quality. I plan to move to Thailand sometime in the next year or two, and am seriously considering Jomtien.

Woohoo! hehe. I'm already excited :)

I think you will have a good time in Jomtien, and what's not to like ? Of you wanna go to WS or anywhere else in Pattaya, then it is a 5 minute/10 baht ride in the bahtbus.

If you like beaches, then Jomtien is a lot better than Pattaya.

I have stayed in Jomtien on my last two trips and i will be staying there again next time as well, probably at the INN-place which i enjoyed a lot.

Forgot to mention that on one side of the entrance to Soi 6 there is a 7-11 and on the other side there is a pharmacy. In Soi 6 there are 3 massageparlors....and they will be telling you exactly how sexy you are every time you pass them :Think1:

If you go to beach road and head left, walk for a couple of hundred metres, there's a nightmarket, not big but you can pretty much get all you need there.

I've stayed here several times and will stay again. Friendly staff, good Wifi, english speaking tv channels, fridge, safe, balcony, free beach towls, elevator, waterboiler . The best is that Soi 6 is very central in jomtien, but there are no bars in the street so its quiet at night. And YES, they are girlfriend friendly! :) they demand the girls id, but thats just as much as a securety for you.

All resturants and bars in walking distance and baht bus is just down the street. Enjoy :)

Again, thanks for the details! Yeah, I've stayed in the party zones on Soi 7 and 8, and around LK Metro and Bukhao, so I think it's time to stay somewhere quieter and more relaxing. Jomtien sure seems to fit the bill.

Is it possible to get taxis in Jomtien easily? I'll be there in the heart of the rainy season, and when going for dental work, won't want to wait for baht buses or ride on motos.

I've stayed here several times and will stay again. Friendly staff, good Wifi, english speaking tv channels, fridge, safe, balcony, free beach towls, elevator, waterboiler . The best is that soi 6 is very central in jomtien, but there are no bars in the street so its quiet at night. And YES, they are girlfriend friendly! :) they demand the girls id, but thats just as much as a securety for you.

All resturants and bars in walking distance and baht bus is just down the street. Enjoy :)

I actually prefer hotels that require ID - no matter how drunk I get I feel safer :)

Some good reviews/info there folks.  any chance the place has a web page proper?

Might be interested in a longer term stay like a month or so.

thanks

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Some good reviews/info there folks.  any chance the place has a web page proper?

Might be interested in a longer term stay like a month or so.

thanks

bert

http://innplacepattaya.com/index.html

• 2 months later...

I'm glad I used this forum to get some info on Inn Place.

I stayed there for 16 nights, and it was great.

The location is fantastic if you want to stay in Jomtien. It's at the far end of Soi 6, which dead ends at the Jomtien Thani hotel. No traffic is good traffic. It's a few minutes walk to the beach, Soi's 5 and 7, and all the restaurants, shops and bars. Being right between Soi 5 and 7, it can get a little noisy at times. However, with the balcony doors closed, I barely heard a sound from outside. I stayed in the back, on the Soi 7 side, and only had noise problems once. There's a little "resort" with villas directly behind Inn Place, and one night some Thai tourists had a little party just beyond my balcony. Not a big deal, but should be mentioned.

The other bad thing about staying in the back is that the villa area is pretty natural, and they water the trees and bushes all the time. There can be lots of mosquitos back there. I'd think that the Soi 5 side might be better. You will get a little noise from the bars on 5, but they really don't get all that loud.

The staff was very friendly. The front desk has several English speakers, and they were very quick to help me out when I had questions or issues. The housekeepers are friendly and very responsive without attitude. I tipped the housekeeper for my floor 40 baht every three days, and she would hear my door open and pop out of whatever room she was cleaning at the moment, and hurry down, asking if she could clean my room. I'd go to breakfast, and come back to a spotless room. I asked her for extra coffee packets, and she'd leave 6, vs the usual 2. Very nice.

I asked them to clear out the mini-bar at check-in, and they had no problem with that. I kept it stocked with water, drinks, fresh fruits and yogurt for quick snacks.

They also let me check in early, with no hassles or questions.

The only downside is that the rooms are a little small for a long stay. Anything more than 3 weeks and I'd find a place with a kitchenette or a condo. There's no pool, and no on-site restaurant, if that matters to you.

Here's a few pics. I didn't think to take any of the inside of the room - I was playing with my new compact camera and just happened to have these.

Walking in from Soi 5, though the big parking lot.

inn-place-jomtien-beach-11.jpg

From Soi 6.

inn-place-jomtien-beach-08.jpg

Looking towards the beach down Soi 6. You can see the 4 or 5 massage parlors. Yellow House was awesome. Full service, with a smile. Watch out for the ladyboys :)

inn-place-jomtien-beach-09.jpg

Looking back towards the hotel on Soi 6.

inn-place-jomtien-beach-10.jpg

Room pics:

inn-place-jomtien-beach-12.jpg

inn-place-jomtien-beach-13.jpg

Yes, the Inn Place Jomtien is in a nice location, right near the beach.  And each day one gets to check out any new ladies who might be working at the massage shops on the way to/from the hotel.  I wonder if the shops will send the girls upstairs?  That sounds even better than staying in the shop.

• 11 months later...

Yes, the Inn Place Jomtien is in a nice location, right near the beach.  And each day one gets to check out any new ladies who might be working at the massage shops on the way to/from the hotel.  I wonder if the shops will send the girls upstairs?  That sounds even better than staying in the shop.

I never tried to bring a massage girl back to the loom, but I don't think that would be a problem at all. They might charge a little more due to the possibility the girl might not come back within the hour :)

Archived