IGNORED

Didn't follow my own advice, booked BA, regretting it already!

par47

Ok so u made a mistake. The worse thing that could happen is landing at BKK. Probably be ok.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Sister just chose her seats for her BA flight from Sydney to London in a couple of weeks. It cost her AU$106.

She'll pay a similar amount going back. What's the point booking slightly cheaper flights when you have to pay these extras?

Maybe she'll listen to me next time and use a better airline!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 4 months later...

I'm using these next month for the first time as its was the best deal from Dublin(605euro) I'm presuming like most things on the internet the moaning is exaggerated and I will get there and back without too much fuss???

The main problem my Sister had with her Xmas flights was being unable to book luggage through or arrange extra bags beforehand because she had to use Qantas for one leg. BA systems wouldn't 'talk' to Qantas'.

The flights themselves weren't too bad this time, other than the exact same meal choice being offered on both SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR legs. The last time she used them she had a broken screen in one seat, so no entertainment, and a broken armrest in another seat!

Customer service is generally poor.

I posted in another thread that I had a chat with the BA 'greeter' at Terminal 5 when I took my Sister up for her return flight. Among other things, he said 'BA is now all about money not about passengers'. Hardly surprising customer service is poor if this is how the staff feel. I blame the Poison Irish dwarf in charge of the company :-)

I'm sure they'll get you there and back OK. Have a great time in TLOS anyway.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The main problem my Sister had with her Xmas flights was being unable to book luggage through or arrange extra bags beforehand because she had to use Qantas for one leg. BA systems wouldn't 'talk' to Qantas'.

The flights themselves weren't too bad this time, other than the exact same meal choice being offered on both SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR legs. The last time she used them she had a broken screen in one seat, so no entertainment, and a broken armrest in another seat!

Customer service is generally poor.

I posted in another thread that I had a chat with the BA 'greeter' at Terminal 5 when I took my Sister up for her return flight. Among other things, he said 'BA is now all about money not about passengers'. Hardly surprising customer service is poor if this is how the staff feel. I blame the poison Irish dwarf in charge of the company :-)

Cheers I'm not one for plane food anyway. My only worry is I usually have a stopover. With BA it's direct from London so I'm hoping it's a comfortable enough 12 hours with plenty of empty seats so I can stretch out

I posted in another thread that I had a chat with the BA 'greeter' at Terminal 5 when I took my Sister up for her return flight. Among other things, he said 'BA is now all about money not about passengers'. Hardly surprising customer service is poor if this is how the staff feel. I blame the poison Irish dwarf in charge of the company :-)

The CEO of British Airways is actually Mr Keith Williams from the UK! 

• 2 months later...

They also gave me 5000 avios points when I complained about how shit they were!

Never used them as would not use them again!

Bill

Complain harder. I got 50,000 points. I was on a first class flight and they swapped the planes from "new first" to crappy "old first". I complained and the pursuer initially gave me 20,000 avios...I said that this wasn't good enough and he agreed to credit me 50k there and then.

Cheers I'm not one for plane food anyway. My only worry is I usually have a stopover. With BA it's direct from London so I'm hoping it's a comfortable enough 12 hours with plenty of empty seats so I can stretch out

IME most BA flights are pretty booked out but you may get lucky.

Archived