IGNORED

Didn't follow my own advice, booked BA, regretting it already!

par47

It does seem to be something that the airlines are rapidly bringing in, after all they are there to make a profit. Just seems totally unreasonable to charge for your seat on longhaul especially when you have booked in biz.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was right! For those who can't see my trip report, here's what happened:

- Departure delayed 1 hour due to electrical fault.

- Electrical fault knocked out the IFE, no movies for a 11 hour flight. Lucky I brought a book!

- If the IFE worked, it was the smallest screens I have ever seen on a plane.

- Seat in row in front of me collapsed. Had to stand for 15 minutes while they repaired it.

- Guy in row next to me had tray table fall off, he had to eat his meals off his lap.

- Meal quaility was ok but portions very small.

- Extremely fat male flight attendant was totally incompetant. He dropped a drink on lady behind me. He dropped a whole meal tray on the row infront (if the collapsed seat wasn't indignity enough!).

- They forgot to hand out the Thai landing cards until we reminded them. By then the plane was on final approach so no time to fill them in.

- Passenger in front of me asked to see head FA to complain about flight. She refused to come.

This was by far the worst flight I have ever experienced in 18 years of Thailand trips.

Never, never, NEVER fly British Airways. I wont.

PS I have made an official complaint to BA, awaiting response....

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

The other trouble with BA is their crew, they are all on ridiculously highly paid contracts that none of them want to give up so are working as long as they can to maintain their perks, some of them are only working 2 or 3 flights a month, add to this that their fleet is getting on in age it's all in pretty poor.

They've even managed to screw up the configuration of the A380's they have as it is almost the same as their other craft when other carriers have thought about how they can improve things on board, BA haven't, this does sum up their sentiment.

For me the only redeeming factor is T5 as I transfer through from BCN

Also luckily for me I'm a gold card member as I fly constantly so have accumulated enough point for my flights to be Biz & on their Avios scheme, so it works out well for me.

If it wasn't for that they would be my last choice.

Qatar or Emirates are the best on board service

The other trouble with BA is their crew, they are all on ridiculously highly paid contracts that none of them want to give up so are working as long as they can

Yes, I'm used to the cute young girls on Thai or EVA and was shocked when I saw the crew on BA, doubt any off them were below 50 and mostly male and very innefficient and dis-organsied.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I've tried to convince my Sister to stop using BA when she visits here from Australia. She always complains about the flights - last time her screen didn't work, the food was awful and she had all sorts of problems sorting out seat reservations and excess baggage as she has to fly Qantas first as BA don't fly from Brisbane. Apparently, the two systems don't 'talk' to each other.

She's still booked them again for her flight at Christmas! She refuses to even consider Thai or EVA, or many others. As far as I can tell, she'll only use BA, Qantas, Singapore or Cathay. It rather limits options.

Still, been trying to convince her to see sense about all sorts of things for almost 50 years and haven't managed yet! She'll probably be complaining about this BA flight for the entire drive back to Swansea!

BA would have been £200 cheaper for me than EVA for my flight next year (Business Class) but I still booked EVA.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've tried to convince my Sister to stop using BA when she visits here from Australia. .............She's still booked them again for her flight at Christmas! She refuses to even consider Thai or EVA, or many others. As far as I can tell, she'll only use BA, Qantas, Singapore or Cathay.

Does she think the Asian ones are more likely to crash?? Mind you I was booking recently on Skyscanner and noticed the first four or five pages of Europe-to-BKK search returns - in order of cheapest  - was dominated by Malaysia Airlines flights for part or all of the journey. (They will rebrand.)

Ironically, given this thread, I ended up booking BA. It's stupid the way you have to pay an additional fee to book your seat or else wait until check-in. However I have a slight advantage for the latter as I fly the first leg from Dublin to Heathrow so get to check in a few hours earlier than people beginning their journey at Heathrow. Got to have my aisle seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was right! For those who can't see my trip report, here's what happened:

- Departure delayed 1 hour due to electrical fault.

- Electrical fault knocked out the IFE, no movies for a 11 hour flight. Lucky I brought a book!

- If the IFE worked, it was the smallest screens I have ever seen on a plane.

- Seat in row in front of me collapsed. Had to stand for 15 minutes while they repaired it.

- Guy in row next to me had tray table fall off, he had to eat his meals off his lap.

- Meal quaility was ok but portions very small.

- Extremely fat male flight attendant was totally incompetant. He dropped a drink on lady behind me. He dropped a whole meal tray on the row infront (if the collapsed seat wasn't indignity enough!).

- They forgot to hand out the Thai landing cards until we reminded them. By then the plane was on final approach so no time to fill them in.

- Passenger in front of me asked to see head FA to complain about flight. She refused to come.

This was by far the worst flight I have ever experienced in 18 years of Thailand trips.

Never, never, NEVER fly British Airways. I wont.

PS I have made an official complaint to BA, awaiting response....

Yes

I've just come back after flying with BA,whom I haven't flown with for 20 years,and yes,they are shit...

Not once did they bust out the drinks cart,didn't even come round with a tray of water or anything..

The screens are appalling,shit picture and tiny,as for the entertainment,movies were crap and TV shows rubbish...

I slept through the first meal serving but on the second there was a choice between roast chicken and tofu curry....tofu fucking curry!!!!

By the time they got to us,of course chicken was all gone there was about another 40-50 people to go and they ran out,I took one mouthful of the tofu and said fuck that....oh yeah there was also a brick wrapped in cling film that I think was meant to be a cake...one bite...no thank you...

All the other airlines give you pretzels or cheese and crackers or something to nibble on BA sweet FA...

I should of taken some of you guys advice and not flown with them I always fly Thai and shall be returning to them next time.

So to sum up service,shit food,shit entertainment,shit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, BA are shit and getting worse as the fleet and the staff get more and more decrepit. Old planes, crap service, re-scheduled flights, cancelled flights, horrible food ... And the one I fell foul of once - if you miss the outgoing flight they automatically cancel your return flight. There's no refund, you just lose it. Gone. And when I called to protest the cnut more or less laughed at me down the phone as he offered me the same seat at about 10 times the original price.

I frequently travel between England and France - I wouldn't use BA if they were the last airline on the planet. I'd rather walk. Easyjet piss all over them.

EVA is the best way to get from UK to Bangkok. New planes, great service, decent food, friendly staff, miles better than BA.

I fly BA because for the number of hours flown they are officially the safest airline in the world...just making the point that choice is not always about saving money or legroom.

I fly BA because for the number of hours flown they are officially the safest airline in the world...just making the point that choice is not always about saving money or legroom.

+1. I'm knocked out by Xanax for most of the flight so I don't care what the staff look like, the choice of movies, what age the planes are, the food. Getting to Los in one piece in a ok seat will do.

This makes me look forward to my next trip, starting in 2 weeks with BA!

Should I stay home now? Good I know about the screen, will use my  small laptop then, and put some movies on it

+1. I'm knocked out by Xanax for most of the flight so I don't care what the staff look like, the choice of movies, what age the planes are, the food. Getting to Los in one piece in a ok seat will do.

same here,i booked for next march,ba,could not care less about movies,food,staff,just get me there, lol

Finally got a response to my complaint from BA. Lots of apologies and 5000 Avios points. Not enough to make me consider them again.

Here's the reponse in full:

Thank you for your email dated 15 September 2014.  I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you.  I am so sorry your flight was delayed on your way to Bangkok.  I understand this must have been very disappointing for you, particularly as your travel plans had to be altered.  It is clear we have let you down, as this is not what you would expect when travelling with British Airways.  Please accept our sincere apologies.  

We recognise that the punctuality of our flights is extremely important to our customers and that you expect us to fly as scheduled.  Although punctuality is improving, we would never be complacent about it.  An investigation is carried out into each delay and your experience shows us there is still work to be done.  We benchmark our performance each month with our partners and competitors and each department is measured on the contribution it makes to achieving our challenging targets. 

I am also concerned to read that you were unhappy with the service received from our staff on board your recent flight with us.  We work hard to provide consistently excellent service, and this certainly includes unfailingly helpful and concerned staff.  We also expect everyone at British Airways to be friendly and efficient.  The incident you describe is completely unacceptable, and we have reported your complaint to the line manager so that it can be raised with the staff concerned. 

I also note that our entertainment system did not work properly on your flight to Bangkok.  It is an important part of the British Airways service to help you relax and enjoy your time aboard, and you have every right to expect the equipment to work smoothly.  I have informed our Product & Service Manager and I know he will follow it up with his team. 

I would also like to assure you that your feedback is taken seriously.  Your email is a meaningful indicator of how our most valued customers are feeling and I have passed on a copy to our Customer Experience team for review.  They look into the feedback we have received from our customers and take measures to enhance each and every aspect of our service.

While I appreciate your reasons for asking, I am afraid we are unable to help with your request.  I am sorry to have to disappoint you. 

However, I have added 5,000 Avios points to your Blue Executive Club account.  Please accept them with my compliments.  For information about how to make the most of your Avios points, please visit ba.com/executiveclub

Thank you again for contacting us and giving me an opportunity to address your concerns.  I hope you will choose to fly with us again, thereby offering us a chance to restore your confidence in our service. 

Best regards

Booked for 12 march BA £484 via Dublin I will be happy playing pocket billiards couldnt care less about the rest just want back to los 

Well I have not set foot on the plane and I know already I never , ever going to use this shit company again!  I am flying from Nice. Leaving today. Just got a message, where I cannot reply, that my plane will be delayed in London, for 4 hours.

They kindly announce, that check in can be done now until much later. Really? I have to take that fucking flight from Nice, if ever this one arrives, and if it does leave in time, they manage to make my trip even worse. Not only , I not have a real night flight, I will spend as much time waiting for their fucking planes, as the long journey itself.

I been flying to Bangkok for 25 years, never I was delayed by more then an hour. Stand alone that I have to wait for an European company, for their "outbound"??? flight from Bangkok. And....if their lane got problems in Bangkok already, it probably, will take even more time!   It is sad to say, that the "Arabs" are taken the European customers away from our companies, because even with a change of flight half way, they manage to provide better service.  Just cross fingers , the plane will leave, and that the chair before me me not falls down.

Fuck them, certainly after what I already read in this thread!

Finally got a response to my complaint from BA. Lots of apologies and 5000 Avios points. Not enough to make me consider them again.

Here's the reponse in full:

Thank you for your email dated 15 September 2014.  I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you.  I am so sorry your flight was delayed on your way to Bangkok.  I understand this must have been very disappointing for you, particularly as your travel plans had to be altered.  It is clear we have let you down, as this is not what you would expect when travelling with British Airways.  Please accept our sincere apologies.  

We recognise that the punctuality of our flights is extremely important to our customers and that you expect us to fly as scheduled.  Although punctuality is improving, we would never be complacent about it.  An investigation is carried out into each delay and your experience shows us there is still work to be done.  We benchmark our performance each month with our partners and competitors and each department is measured on the contribution it makes to achieving our challenging targets. 

I am also concerned to read that you were unhappy with the service received from our staff on board your recent flight with us.  We work hard to provide consistently excellent service, and this certainly includes unfailingly helpful and concerned staff.  We also expect everyone at British Airways to be friendly and efficient.  The incident you describe is completely unacceptable, and we have reported your complaint to the line manager so that it can be raised with the staff concerned. 

I also note that our entertainment system did not work properly on your flight to Bangkok.  It is an important part of the British Airways service to help you relax and enjoy your time aboard, and you have every right to expect the equipment to work smoothly.  I have informed our Product & Service Manager and I know he will follow it up with his team. 

I would also like to assure you that your feedback is taken seriously.  Your email is a meaningful indicator of how our most valued customers are feeling and I have passed on a copy to our Customer Experience team for review.  They look into the feedback we have received from our customers and take measures to enhance each and every aspect of our service.

While I appreciate your reasons for asking, I am afraid we are unable to help with your request.  I am sorry to have to disappoint you. 

However, I have added 5,000 Avios points to your Blue Executive Club account.  Please accept them with my compliments.  For information about how to make the most of your Avios points, please visit ba.com/executiveclub

Thank you again for contacting us and giving me an opportunity to address your concerns.  I hope you will choose to fly with us again, thereby offering us a chance to restore your confidence in our service. 

Best regards

They also gave me 5000 avios points when I complained about how shit they were!

Never used them as would not use them again!

Bill

Just talking to a mate at work who's missus works for them, he said she told him that they have basically given up on economy scum like me and now put all their resources into business and first class...

I understand that obviously those 2 pay more and so get better treatment,but don't treat cattle class like it's an annoyance...that's their bread and butter and they shouldn't forget it...

Like someone said before the Middle East airlines are providing a much more enjoyable flight experience at a more reasonable price...

And like bill said,I would complain,but what's the point of getting points I have no intention of using...I'm never flying with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just flown with BA to BKK. Decent flight pretty much on time, decent cabin crew and decent food on board . AVOD poor though. Compared to Etihads and Emirates 777's economy 3-4-3 seating, BA's 777 3-3-3 seating is better.

Overall BA were much better than I'd anticipated.

My last five trips on BA Business Class were satisfactory. The female staff all looked about 50 but were efficient.

My only complaint was the food: all had fancy names and i had no idea what they were and did not like the look of them apart from the English breakfast.

My other complaint was on the basis of my last trip and the seating plan i booked a window seat where you don't have to step over someones' feet to get out but when i got on the plane the layout was different  (more BC seats) so had to step over.

I will be travelling Ba business again because i now have enough points for a free ticket. I say "free'" but you have to pay various taxes which I believe could amount to about 1/3 of the fare.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

shame i like BAattachicon.gif20120907_005224.jpg[

Rumour has it that you didn't look quite so happy that recent trip where they offered you 'jump' seats instead of your preferred Business Class!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Well if I was an ex-employee who got knock-down prices and free upgrades maybe I'd like them too!

The most dissapointing aspect is that many people were complaining on the flight and the main response from the FA's was that BA are now a cost-cutting airline and don't care about repeat customers in economy so there's nothing can be done. Lump it!

The guy in row in front of me (he who's wife suffered the collapsed seat) said he paid more than usual to fly BA because he thought they were a premium airline and it was a huge mistake. Eventually BA will run out of people they can con like this, then what will happen to them?

I don't like people or services who fail me. The trains failed to get me to London and BA was appalling.

Consequently next trip I'm flying from my home town airport (Dad taxi is all thats needed :) ) on a different airline. Suck it, BA!!!!!!

That looks like a very cramped Business class seat! Flight Guru shows BA as narrower than most airlines in Business. Certainly looks like it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived