IGNORED

2 dead, 3 injured in East Pattaya bike collision

Pattaya One

Two boys aged 15 were killed and two further 15 year olds and a 32 year old were injured as two motorbikes collided head-on in a road crash close to the Elephant Farm in East Pattaya on Monday...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]Ztgoa6-97sQ

View the full article

From looking at those pics I can see at least one bike was going WAY too fast. Kids on the way home from school get crazy on the bikes out this end of town.

From looking at those pics I can see at least one bike was going WAY too fast. Kids on the way home from school get crazy on the bikes out this end of town.

I agree,that is no low speed impact.

Someone was moving pretty quick.

Shame.

15 , no helmets , no insurance ... a few families ruined . 

RIP . 

Sad.  I remember how invincible I was at that age too.  I was just lucky enough that reality didn't intrude on my delusions.  RIP lads.

When will they ever learn..RIP

As long as parents are teaching children to drive motorbikes, answer to that is never.

Regularly I see a Thai neighbour of mine teaching his son to drive a motorbike. The boy is maximum 11 years old.

Sad.  I remember how invincible I was at that age too.  I was just lucky enough that reality didn't intrude on my delusions.  RIP lads.

And of course not forgetting the ones that were likely driving along innocently minding their own business that were injured through the reckless actions of these boys.

Of course it is unfortunate these lads have died, but even from an early age we need to realise we are responsible for our own actions and being so irresponsible affects others around us.

Often the cops won't pull over school kids for traffic offences and no helmets. So many young kids racing around foolishly on bikes, driving crazy, no helmets. Once in a school I taught at I watched all these young boys, too young to hold licenses, no helmets on, riding out of the school grounds at the end of the day, and I pointed this out to one of the senior Thai teachers standing nearby, he replied they only kids and they don't want to be too hard on the kids.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Often the cops won't pull over school kids for traffic offences and no helmets. So many young kids racing around foolishly on bikes, driving crazy, no helmets. Once in a school I taught at I watched all these young boys, too young to hold licenses, no helmets on, riding out of the school grounds at the end of the day, and I pointed this out to one of the senior Thai teachers standing nearby, he replied they only kids and they don't want to be too hard on the kids.

Sad. I'd much rather the kids think of me a s a dickhead stickler for the rules than have to go to a kids funeral.

They don't bother pulling them over, because generally school children will have little or no money on them, particularly at the end of their school day.

Therefore it would involve work, to contact the parents in order to enforce fines or collect 'tea money'. Much easier to target adults that will likely have a few hundred baht they can be parted from at the roadside.

I was on a bike at 15, and crashed many times, luckily it was on the dirt and I was wearing protective gear.

You soon learn everything is harder than the human body and you better get some skills

The Thais that do wear helmets are usually the ones that have taken fall and survived.

Member since Dec 06.

Archived