IGNORED

Questions about purchasing flight tickets in Thailand.

chang beer

Hey there. Have a predicament here. I'm schedule to leave sometimes in September from Los Angeles to Thailand for my long awaited retirement.

I might have to return to the states in a month or two later however...for a stupid,utterly dumb reason. But MAYBE NOTTTTT. I might not have to return at all. I don't know at this time. I won't know till I'm told. 

I have the option of buying an open round trip ticket,good for 3 months for $1,300 or just buying one way ticket for approximately $650,which I'm really leaning toward.

So just in case I'd have to return to America.

How does it compare buying tickets there in Thailand to the states? One way or round trip?

Do they cost more or less or basically the same? I've bought tickets there for my travels in Asia but not to Farang Land,if you know what I mean.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you 

San Miguel BEER

first I am pretty sure depending on your age you need a return ticket for arrival unless you can get the appropriate visa to stay without return ticket.

tickets are approximately the same.

these days you may as well by them on line direct from air line so no difference at all;

however one way tickets are always more expensive

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I found air tickets to be a little more expensive when bought in Thailand. Maybe 10-20% more.

I think the reason is that not many Thais travel compared to Westerners. Therefore there is not as much competition and discounting by the ticket sellers.

Obviously I dont know the details of your situation, but from what I read I would go for the 1-way ticket. Maybe you can use price/availability of flights as an excuse to avoid going back if the situation arises :)

Enjoy you retirement.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Two points

1. Tickets from Thailand out bound are usually a little more expensive

2. In my experience, and others may differ, I get (slightly) better prices from "agents" here than I can get online for outbound flights. I am not sure if this is the norm' but makes them worth checking out.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Martin says

first I am pretty sure depending on your age you need a return ticket for arrival unless you can get the appropriate visa 

I'll have retirement o-a visa.

Par 47 Enjoy you retirement.    You have no idea. Have been counting down the days for 16 fxxking years mate!!

The worst part about this is that I have not idea IF and When exactly I'd have to return or NOT. But not permanently...just for a week or two to make an arrangement.  So. Its not the end of the world my pal tells me.

thanks

Guinness BEER

I found air tickets to be a little more expensive when bought in Thailand. Maybe 10-20% more.

I think the reason is that not many Thais travel compared to Westerners. Therefore there is not as much competition and discounting by the ticket sellers.

Obviously I dont know the details of your situation, but from what I read I would go for the 1-way ticket. Maybe you can use price/availability of flights as an excuse to avoid going back if the situation arises :)

Enjoy you retirement.

That is not my experience. In 2012 I paid approx £3000 (in Baht) for return Business Class BKK-LHR -ABZ (Aberdeen) My daughter told me her neighbour paid over £5000 for the trip starting in Aberdeen at about the same time.

In May this year I paid £2400 (in Baht) to BA for return Biz class same trip from BKK. When in Aberdeen I decided to come back earlier than my return ticket showed. I looked at the BA website to check  avaiability of seats (sometimes the ABZ -LHR is the problem) and they were showing  a price for one way ABZ -LHR-BKK as £4750. Incidently it cost 2500 Baht to change as i am no longer Silver class.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I live here and always book through the airline site itself.  Delta has been the cheapest for the last couple of years - unless you go with a China or Korean long layover airline... Shouldn't be a problem to book with the airline online wherever you are.

Archived