IGNORED

Gogo prices at Swiss House on Soi Diamond

Last time I dined at Swiss House on Soi Diamond I noticed to my surprise that they charged 110 baht for a bottled Heineken.

That is as much as at Crystal Club on Soi LK Metro, not the cheapest but also not the most expensive gogo.

I checked the prices for a bottled Heineken at other Swiss restaurants in the same category: 95 baht at Swiss Food also on Soi Diamond and 80 baht at Chalet Suisse off Soi 7 (now being refurbished and reopening in July).

This looks like a farang place adopting Thai logic: the fewer customers, the higher the prices.

At Swiss House on Soi Diamond I have been their only customer several times and there were only one or two waitresses left, no barkeeper/cashier.

At Swiss Food on Soi Diamond there are still a lot of customers (among them often Dutch people BTW) and they still have at least three waiters, two waitresses and a barkeeper/cashier.

At Chalet Suisse off Soi 7 there are also often many customers (most of them apparently from the Swiss community in Pattaya) and they have seven or eight waitresses.

Chalet Suisse must be doing something right.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I can't understand why people drink crap Heineken when you can get good Thai beers much cheaper 

Paid a LOT for dinner for myself and my gf....wasn't really happy with food or service...

Then with both ended up, gastro.......never again....

I can't understand why people drink crap Heineken when you can get good Thai beers much cheaper 

After 2-3 weeks of drinking fizzy bottled lagers its all crap,dont particularly like going home but its nice to hold a pint in your hand,with proper ale in it.

Next time try a Tiger Beer....however I'll side with You Vimto66. I've been in the UK a few times, I'll take a "Speckled Hen" if you please! Can't find it in the US.

No wonder that Swiss Food is doing well, even though it is low season. Their menue is pretty good and what I tried was delicious.i also used their room for a ST back in 2007, paid 300 baht

Heineken is a (locally brewed) Thai beer and IMO it is the least bad of Thai beers.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Paid a LOT for dinner for myself and my gf....wasn't really happy with food or service...

Then with both ended up, gastro.......never again....

Why take a Thai girl to a farang restaurant ?

Eat first and look for a bird after.

• 2 months later...

Yes I agree with Duvel, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Thai Heineken and is as fresh as Singha. The only problem is the green bottle which is inferior to the brown Singha bottle in terms of letting in the wrong light which destroys the beer very quickly under light (skunkiness). Until Heineken change their bottle color, I will never drink Heineken from a bar unless its a popular place that moves the stock daily.

Archived