IGNORED

what to do with my golf clubs?

chang beer

Hey. So. I'm making a permanent move to Pattaya soon. Have been getting rid of my personal belongings for a while. 

I'm pretty much down to my clothes,laptop,hard drives,important paper work and Golf clubs. All of my photos are up in the cloud and I've made arrangements for banking and everything else.

Just got rid of my irons and a couple of drivers,3 wood and 5 and a bag. All expensive but only got $70 for them But still have one more bag left.

Was thinking about keeping just one bag with clubs and bringing them to Pattaya. These are really nice Calloway clubs and the rest.

The thing is I rarely play. I have not played in years but Pattaya might be the place to start again.

I also intend to travel extensively through my retirement years and that Pattaya will be my home base. The HUB.

I'm not going to be hauling around my bag everywhere I go though!.

Should I just lose the bag-clubs? I'm beginning to think that they might become more of  a hindrance than any thing else. As one of my pals says. You can always rent them CHEAP  in Thailand.

thanks

BEER

Depends are serious you are about golfing. If it was something you plan on doing every week and really like your clubs I would bring them. If you just plan on play occasionally and not too serious I would lose them. 

so many golf courses around Pattaya...I think you'll need 'em. Plus some cute, hot caddies to be had

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

my mate comes to pattaya 3 times a year and is a golf fanatic he leaves his clubs at  THE RANCH bar on 3rd rd whilst he's not here never any problem

any holes a goal

Renting clubs isn't so cheap. A couple of hours at the driving range is good fun, good exercise and not very expensive.

Take em.You are gonna need em.

Take them.  Clubs are way more expensive in Pattaya than in the USA.  If there is any chance you will take the game up you'll be glad you did.

I rent a lock up in Jomtien for storing my golf clubs and other stuff .   about 4 k baht for a years rental , saves on lugging big suitcases around airports and so on , just leave your gear there for your next visit , or round of golf .

Mikeyboy

Take 'em, You'll regret it if you don't......

• 4 weeks later...

irish rovers have super cheap lockers now for storing golf clubs etc monthly rate

• 4 months later...

Join a local golf society with either psc or ipgc. All clubs and times and places played are in the pattaya mail and other newspapers. Most of the bars running golf have lockers for about 3000 baht a year. Saves living hold clubs and other stuff around and additional storage very convenient.

• 3 weeks later...

Bring them !

But maybe not haul them around on all fligths the extra sport equipement charge will add up in the long run. But if you have invested in mastering to play golf it is actually an asset and in some places (many of the low cost golf courses) the clubs available for rent are no good.

I had girls in my hotel room playing putting on the carpet and all kind of fun things happen I could anticiapte and also it can make good acquintances leaving your clubs with someone while you are travelling even tough you can of course loose your clubs as well (I didnt)

Archived