IGNORED

Areca lodge Vs Pattaya bay resort vs August suites

stunner

Iam planning to trip to pattaya. having stayed at pattaya bay resort, flipper, diana oasis and a few more, but would like to try another hotel.

I am thinking of staying at PBR again, but also saw Areca Lodge and August Suites.

Any recommendations on which of the three to stay?

good wifi reception in the room is important. seems all of them has got a nice pool.

If staying at Areca Lodge I probably would stay at deluxe room! but any recommendation would be welcome.

Areca lodges location in hard to beat. A little more expensive than the other two though.

In my honest opinion, although PBR is a good hotel a believe it's a little dated looking.

Areca Lodge wins imo. Location is great, WiFi is good. Deluxe rooms are lovely. Price is OK.

Stayed there last month for the first time and will stay there again. WIFI, location, balcony, water pressure and nice bed. All positive.

I always stay at the PBR, mainly because I know the staff there, it's very friendly and always kept clean and secure.  It's good value for around 1,000 baht a night.

Only stayed at one out of those mentioned (August suites) and on my one stay i would recommend it,nice rooms,pool area,staff dont interfere, they were very helpfull when i needed them though.The breakfast isnt up to much but thats the least of my requirements.

I have stayed at all the hotels mentioned over the years

If on a low budget stay at the PBR but in my opinion could do with a refurb

If budget does not come into the equation

Not much in it with the other two

But Areca would win hands down on location

I agree that August Suites is best. As far as location, depends on where you plan on going. You like to walk a bit, you are comfortable with the baht bus system, there are bars down by August and it isn't that far off baht bus 2nd road route. You take motobike taxi and it doesn't matter. 

When I stayed at August I took the short walk down to Soi Baukhoa and rode it to WS or LK Metro.  Would catch a baht bus going North on Baukhoa and it goes right by August. Catch baht bus on 2nd going North and get off at Klang then it is two minute saunter to August Suites

From a location perspective in my opinion the Areca is great. Easy access to LK Metro, Soi Honey & other adjoining spots with easy access to Baht busses heading to WS or Soi 6 off Beach and Second Rd. I would recommend the Evergreen building there as it is newer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived