IGNORED

Baht bus advice.

glynbuk

ok so i am a newbie to pattaya and need to ask a question,

i stay at the sabai lodge soi 2 and they tell me the baht bus's follow a regular route down soi 2 and along the beach road.

so my question is, if i want to use a regular baht bus to get to say buffalo bar(3rd road) or jades/las vegas bar in jomtien, which bus

would i pick up and where would it take me ??

would i need to change bus's(and where do i change) or would it be cheaper to hire one to take me to a specific destination ??

ps i am not one for motor bike taxi's

I drive a motorbike everywhere for several reasons.. so i dont know much about the routes. But i am sure 100 baht will get you there private hire.. Is 100 baht about right guys?

I don't generally hire baht buses as it is cheaper to grabv a moto taxi. 50 baht on a moto taxi should get you there no problem. Of course if you've never ridden with one of these drivers before you will get the thrill of having been on an amusement park ride for 50 baht as well. A cheap thrill really. :001_XMas_Chokdee1:

I don't generally hire baht buses as it is cheaper to grabv a moto taxi. 50 baht on a moto taxi should get you there no problem. Of course if you've never ridden with one of these drivers before you will get the thrill of having been on an amusement park ride for 50 baht as well. A cheap thrill really. :001_XMas_Chokdee1:

i have seen these nutters in bangkok and its not something i want to do, i have enough scars from car crashes without f*cking up my holiday with a bike crash.

for a first time i'd suggest taking the walk (its not that far)

sure theres some nice street maps posted somewhere ;)

jump off at mikes shopping mall head to 2nd road - take a slow walk up soi dianna onto the x-roads of soi buakhow then head up via soi lenkee

atleast you'll have some decent bearings about places

There are no set routes for baht buses - they go where they want when they want for the 10 baht fees. Your best bet is either

1. walk

2. hop on one going in the right direction if he goes the "wrong way" you hop off and get on another going in the 'right direction" and pay another 10 baht - thats just the way it is. Most in your area will just do a continuous loop 2nd and beach road.

3. Pay the full fare for private hire - yes 100 baht would be about correct

4. get motorbike - this is the best option but you would not be the first not to want to use them.

5. Hire a car.

By the way Buffalo Bar is nice but nothing like in the pictures - I wouldn't go out of my way to get there if tansport is an issue.

Edited by whitespider

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

thanks for the replies, :Beer8:

i gave the buffalo bar as an example of that area but do intend to try that place amongst

a lot of others.

There are no set routes for baht buses -

There are definite routes for the Baht Bus system. Follow the link in message number 7, above.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

Is it right that the ones with a white stripe down the side go to Jomtien??

That is the theory, but the last 4 times I've taken a bus with a white stripe because I wanted to go in that direction, only one actually went south. The other 3 made the usual left turn from South Pattaya Road to Second Road and I had to get off at that point and change buses.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

• 4 weeks later...

Loy Katong , I wished to go to Buddhan hill to take some photos of my Lady all dress up ,

Stoped a Baht bus and was quotied 120 baht ,

well the price is around 80 , so what the hell ,

So go to the Temple done are thing , found the guy waiting for us ,

he said I take you to the view point ,

which he did after a few more pics

he then return us to soi 8 and wish us a happy Loy Katong .

It shows some time it works if you let things pass.

Joe

Edited by gs joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Most drivers would have fucked off with your 120 baht on arrival though. :001_Sawasdee:

My driver is different , :Offtopic2:

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

• 2 years later...

are the Bhat buses still 10bhat?

Lets get the party started. Oct Sep 17-25, November 10-20 and December 23-Jan 4

ok so i am a newbie to pattaya and need to ask a question,

i stay at the sabai lodge soi 2 and they tell me the baht bus's follow a regular route down soi 2 and along the beach road.

so my question is, if i want to use a regular baht bus to get to say buffalo bar(3rd road) or jades/las vegas bar in jomtien, which bus

would i pick up and where would it take me ??

would i need to change bus's(and where do i change) or would it be cheaper to hire one to take me to a specific destination ??

ps i am not one for motor bike taxi's

A lot of Baht buses detour down Soi 2 so they don't have to go through the mess at Dolphin Roundabout.

Every time i stay at Sabai lodge or Inn i can just walk to the street corner and jump on one as it heads towards beach road.

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

• 1 month later...
A lot of Baht buses detour down Soi 2 so they don't have to go through the mess at Dolphin Roundabout.

Every time i stay at Sabai lodge or Inn i can just walk to the street corner and jump on one as it heads towards beach road.

If I want to go to Jomtein is Baht Bus best option or just get a motor taxi???

• 2 weeks later...
If I want to go to Jomtein is Baht Bus best option or just get a motor taxi???

Baht bus to Jomtien is 20baht from cnr south rd and second rd. Much safer than motor taxi as road is a bit pot holed.

Baht bus to Jomtien is 20baht from cnr south rd and second rd. Much safer than motor taxi as road is a bit pot holed.

10 Baht per person is enough