Sign in to follow this  
revoluti

East Phuket advice

revoluti

HI all

Just got back from Pattaya a few weeks back, had a ball!

So got a call from a friend and was asked to go on a trip to phuket in 2 months time, they have paid the flight/accom/tours but one cant go so asked me rather then them not going if I wanted to go in their place, which I agreed to.

Mangosteen resort is where they are staying, although I dont think its guest friendly so would be looking for my own accomodation near by... any suggestions?

From what I can tell its on the east side of phuket, any tips on where to go for bar action?

mikeyboy

East coast of Phuket is very quiet , happy families resorts ,  no bar complexes when i was last there .   

Some nice restaurants in Phuket Town , but for real action you will have to travel to the west coast

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy

revoluti

How far is the west coast from the east? Roughly how much baht to get a tuk tuk to there?

mikeyboy

Last time i did that trip , from Patong to Phuket town it cost 400 baht ( i think )  by private car as i refused to use the rip off tuk tuk's .

This was nearly 5 years ago during the day , and i would expect prices have gone up since .

Night time return by tuk tuk i suspect would be a fearsome price.  journey is about 30 minutes .

Mikeyboy

revoluti

ouch, ok might see about getting a night or 2 accomodation in patong then by myself, get some P4P action there.

not really up for the resort thing, though it looks nice etc... much rather spend some time with some thai girls

Sexy Baldman

rent a scooter 150-200 baht a day and ride over there

mikeyboy

rent a scooter 150-200 baht a day and ride over there

Daytime and sober , yes that ride is do-able .    

At night , after a few drinks it would be a suicide mission . 

Mikeyboy

revoluti

Well was in rawai, no dramas finding p4p but limited options, not that it mattered at all. The girls there never ask you to buy them a drink either which was nice.

sunsandsurf

The ride could easily take 45 minutes.  Sometimes it takes 30 minutes or longer just to get across the hill into Patong Beach with heavy traffic.  Hot in the daytime.  Dangerous at night especially if drinking.  Would not be fun to travel to and from.  I've had friends stay on east coast with family and I just planned to meet them at whatever location/tourist activity that they were doing for each day.

revoluti

Yeah after one trip to patong i wanted to go back but the taxis put me off big time! Get car sick.

Had good fun where i was, but nothing like pattaya, funny tho that i found more attractive from a very limited selection(20 maybe) then from 1000 in patts tho it was probably just the fact i had limited options so they were looking better haha.

johnnydd

Wish I saw this earlier, I could have helped out. I was in Rawai earlier this year. There are a few bars with P4P but selection isn't great. There are a few girls in between that are worthy. There is also the Chalong Pier area where there are a number of bars. Again, not much to choose from but there are some cuties in between to be had. 

We found two really, really good looking girls not far from the Chalong pier at a bar called JJ's. I'd put these girls at 8/10 which was rare for this area. We have always managed to find some decent P4P but you need to bar hop and look closely :)