IGNORED

hotel prices

up2me

Anyone have any views or very recent experience of difference between on-line rates for hotels compared to walk-in rates. I am going to be in Pattaya from the 10th July and looking for a good deal  in the Central Pattaya, between Beach road and 2nd road. W hich is cheaper?

Sometimes if you go to there website and contact a manager and see if you can get a better rate. I did that with Robins Nest guesthouse on soi Diana and saved 150 a day

Anyone have any views or very recent experience of difference between on-line rates for hotels compared to walk-in rates. I am going to be in Pattaya from the 10th July and looking for a good deal  in the Central Pattaya, between Beach road and 2nd road. W hich is cheaper?

Walk in rates are always cheaper

rooms are between 400 - 2000 Baht

Check this site out, its awesome accom guide

http://pattayaguide.org/category/accommodation

Walk in rates can be cheaper but be warned, in high season it might be better to book if you have a specific area in mind, as sometimes accommidation is hard to find.

There was once a time that Internet rates were always cheaper.

The last time I remember walking into a hotel was a couple years ago, in Bangkok. The refused to give me the same price they advertised online. I was too tired to move on, so I sat down in the lobby, pulled out the laptop, connected to the free WIFI and booked it. Walked back up....

Being Thailand, they showed no sign of seeing the stupidity.

Pattaya is empty, hotels are empty but the rates are higher.

Why? because Thai way of doing business, when business is down raise the rates :GoldenSmile1:

Basically rates are the same as past years low season, but the availability is enormous.

Archived