IGNORED

Hotels where you can by pass reception?

globalexperiences

So far I have stayed at 1 hotel where if you want to avoid reception it can be done....

LK Empress (Standard and City view rooms) Entrance via Family mart

Any others?????

So far I have stayed at 1 hotel where if you want to avoid reception it can be done....

Any others?????

Why?

I can't think of any 'good' reason why you would want to avoid reception?

If you saw some of the monsters I have taken home after to much beer sometimes wish I could bypass reception when I go out ... :-) they just laugh at me as I sneak out ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why?

For me it would be to not get stung with joiner fees.... I am intimidating in size and structure and don't drink so I have no good reason why I need to have little people leave ID's at reception.

Marriott if you stay in the garden wing there is a back entrance between Pizza company and Royal garden 

If YOU can bypass reception, so can thieves. Personally I wouldn't stay in a hotel with such lax security.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I think the OP knows what he's doing but BM's reply about being scared and thieves, not his purpose to bypass security. Try a guesthouse as they have private entrances and no security but Marriott has the Garden Wing which are the cheaper rooms that you can walk in from BR without passing front desk security just a guy sleeping in a chair.

Chabba hut you kind of can.

In the smaller hotels once they get to know you they often let you make the decision as to whether your girl hands over ID or not. Personally I take responsibility and ensure my girl is over 18 and hope I'm a good enough judge of character that I've chosen one that won't rob me. So far so good :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

China garden.The guests entrance and reception are separate.If that is important for you.

Its not a place i would come back,but the majority of people here seem to like it.

If you what the security and the avoidance factor try villa majestic on jomtien beach pattaya the beach entrance is security key and you can access the private beach via cabbagea and comdoms restaurant and its one the Queens residence so security is on the ball

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

The cheaper rooms at Sutus Court have a side entrance on Soi Lenkhee, negating the need to visit reception.

I think it better that you think they are laughing at your beer goggles choices than lower security.  But I'm not gonna rag on your choice since for the most part unless you drink too much or do stupid things you are safe.

Only comment regarding the small girls is drugs.  If they slip in in your drink they can take what they want and your size doest matter.  But up to you.   I mean, how ugly do your choices get?  Maybe you just need to choose earlier in the night.   :GoldenSmile1:

For me it would be to not get stung with joiner fees.... I am intimidating in size and structure and don't drink so I have no good reason why I need to have little people leave ID's at reception.

So large fat people do not get robbed?

If you saw some of the monsters I have taken home after to much beer sometimes wish I could bypass reception when I go out ... :-) they just laugh at me as I sneak out ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hehe funny...The Siam Guesthouse...Nice little spot and most of the time the reception ain't even there...But if they are they dont bother you

So large fat people do not get robbed?

Take too many steroids to be fat....other than a passport don't travel with anything I can't afford to lose.

Any others?????

Why?

Take too many steroids to be fat....other than a passport don't travel with anything I can't afford to lose.

Is this a Sharky thread?

Relax big fella, no one cares if you take a LB back to your room!

There is a very good reason to check your guests at reception. (1) it's a good ladyboy check, (2) it minimizes the risk of you sleeping with an underage girl, unless that's what your after. (3) the security aspect, the girl is almost always going to want her ID card back, so it minimizes the risk of her ripping you off and pulling a runner.

I actually prefer hotels that check and hold the girls ID cards, for those 3 reasons.

I didnt find the room particulary nice;no balcony,cockroaches,,no phone in room(so not possible to call the reception,must go down and going back if you are on the 3th floor is a bit of pain);not polite staff at reception etc.

I stayed only for 1 night and the room was 800 baht so maybe its a good value in that range,i dont know,i usually stay at places that are in the 1400-1600 baht range.

I also sometimes prefer to bypass reception too.

I think it improves the mood, and shows the girl that I trust her.  The delay at reception can bring the mood down a little.

Of course, I only do it with girls that I know fairly well from one of the gogos that I go to regularly...

If the hotel requires me to checkin at reception, then I usually ask reception not to phone me when the girl leaves.  I'd either be in the shower or sleeping by then...

Archived