IGNORED

New Utapao Terminal Further Delayed

john2028

I was hoping that this new terminal would be up and running by now..

Over 25 years ago I flew to Singapore from this airport. It was very convenient. From memory the airline was called Silver Wings, which I think was a subsidiary of Thai Air, in those far-off days The plane was a Boeing, as far as I can recall.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/already-a-year-late-new-u-tapao-passenger-terminal-stalled-on-runway-38491

Utapao would also be handy for trips to Cambodia. I have yet to pay a flying visit to Angkor Wat/Siem Reap. It has been on my bucket list for years.

Over 25 years ago I flew to Singapore from this airport. It was very convenient. From memory the airline was called Silver Wings, which I think was a subsidiary of Thai Air, in those far-off days The plane was a Boeing, as far as I can recall.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/already-a-year-late-new-u-tapao-passenger-terminal-stalled-on-runway-38491

Utapao would also be handy for trips to Cambodia. I have yet to pay a flying visit to Angkor Wat/Siem Reap. It has been on my bucket list for years.

well john not a lot happens at UTP charters and bangkok air thats it .Also a big spray paint hanger and mantinace hangers for thai airways and off course the thai navy

Wriggley Tin 1

UTP could be a money maker.

I had been looking into running an airline with a couple planes which would rotate European destinations once or twice a week with UTP.

For example,

MO : London - UTP    UTP - Frankfurt

TU : Frankfurt - UTP   UTP - Paris

WE : Paris - UTP   UTP - Stockholm

TH : Stockholm - UTP   UTP - London

FR : London - UTP   UTP - Amsterdam

SA : Amsterdam - UTP  UTP/Maintenance

SU : UTP/Maintenance - UTP - London

Prices would be low because the planes yould be full, and since they would be probably be full of men, two toilets of the A330 could be replaced with short time rooms :)

Welcome onboard Butterfly Airlines :)

Welcome onboard Butterfly Airlines :)

LOL

Habitual Butterflies are known as helicopters in the LOS I believe. Would your budding small fleet include helis instead of a limo service, to and from the named airports? It might be worth contacting Sir Richard B. He apparently made an offer for the Concorde fleet when that ceased operations.

If your proposed company ever goes public I would be interested in a few quoted shares.

Cheers

Ditto mate,i made the same flight on the same airline about 91 or was it 92?`Silver wings` sounds familiar but it could also have been `trade winds`.A decent airline if i remember rightly,only ever been the one time since,a trip to koh samui.

Archived