IGNORED

Farang sized helmet

Knatte

I have a big head and have a tough time finding one that fits here in the states. So I ordered one online here in the states and brought it over with me.  Luckily I found a good guy that rents bikes and he holds my helmet for me until I come back.  I prefer to buy a safe helmet here at home rather than have those cheapies too easily found in LOS.  Good Luck. 

Basically I suggest you buy one, bring it over and leave it if possible with your bike rental guy.

Ypu can buy them over here, all the bigger shops have them, you can even buy them in big c. My head is not overly huge but I'm no pinhead either. I bought a pair for 1800 baht. Not great helmets but polycarbonate shell, composite foam inner, decent buckle

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

You probably have a similar size head to me - I believe 60 is Arai LARGE size. No cheapo thai helmet fits me, not that I would even consider them. The only thai helmets that fit are REAL, but need a XXL - best shops to purchase these are a motorcyle shop on the junction of South Road and Soi Kophai (by the no turning bollards) or Kawasaki Big Bike Dealer on Sukhuvit Rd, between Central and South Road. Expect to pay upwards of 1500bht to 2500bht.

I take my own now. the hire ones dangerous besides not fitting.

Any more info on good selections of big helmets would be really apreciated.

I brought my current helmet over from the states, and even then it was a little old. It is starting to get rough now. I wear a size 8 to 8 1/4 which seems to convert to a 64 or 65. 

You probably have a similar size head to me - I believe 60 is Arai LARGE size. No cheapo thai helmet fits me, not that I would even consider them. The only thai helmets that fit are REAL, but need a XXL - best shops to purchase these are a motorcyle shop on the junction of South Road and Soi Kophai (by the no turning bollards) or Kawasaki Big Bike Dealer on Sukhuvit Rd, between Central and South Road. Expect to pay upwards of 1500bht to 2500bht.

TY - I will try that place!

Ypu can buy them over here, all the bigger shops have them, you can even buy them in big c. My head is not overly huge but I'm no pinhead either. I bought a pair for 1800 baht. Not great helmets but polycarbonate shell, composite foam inner, decent buckle

Good news! I have asked in a few stores. Two on Soi Buakhao, one in Naklua Road and another one on 3rd road. They all looked at me like I was a freak monster and just shook their heads, so I gave up - so this is good news. I'll get one and can keep it in a place where I know the owners. 

Muay Thai bike shop opposite the new hospital in Soi Buakoau has a good selection and if not can order one in for you.

The more the cash, the better the gash

Muay Thai bike shop opposite the new hospital in Soi Buakoau has a good selection and if not can order one in for you.

Perfect! Thats close to where I stay and I know the place. I will go talk to them. 

I always pass that place slow - they have cool customized bkes outside and I am a sucker for everything with an engine  :24:

• 2 weeks later...

Try the Kawasaki dealer on the Sukumvit Road. They have a good range of western skid lids and should have your size.

Archived