IGNORED

Calling a Thai mobile from Australia

I have been searching for some time for the best and cheapest way of calling a Thai mobile (cell) phone from Australia. I now believe I have found it. The card available on CallThai charges 2.5c a minute and the line quality is excellent. You can buy as little as $20 at a time.

I have bought cards in the past that state that you can talk for x minutes but in reality you get nowhere near that. I tested out the Callthai card on a 40 minute call and the charges that they state are what was deducted from the available credit.

They charge in $US dollars (US$14.95 at the moment) and it takes a day or so to get your pin number. They state that after the initial verification future pin numbers are supplied immediately.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have been searching for some time for the best and cheapest way of calling a Thai mobile (cell) phone from Australia. I now believe I have found it. The card available on CallThai charges 2.5c a minute and the line quality is excellent. You can buy as little as $20 at a time.

I have bought cards in the past that state that you can talk for x minutes but in reality you get nowhere near that. I tested out the Callthai card on a 40 minute call and the charges that they state are what was deducted from the available credit.

They charge in $US dollars (US$14.95 at the moment) and it takes a day or so to get your pin number. They state that after the initial verification future pin numbers are supplied immediately.

Just signed up with them and will post the results. Currently using Ezy Com and the line quality is shocking. Can hardly hear what teh girl is saying half the time.

Testicles

Tried my CallThai card for the first time this morning at about 5.00am Melbourne time after getting a message from a BG(long Story) . I tried 11 (YES ELEVEN) times to get through and was told each time that "All circuits are busy, please try again, we apologise etc). Surely there can not be that many people calling Thailand from Australia at that time of the morning. Went back to my Ezycom account got through first time and the quality wasnt to bad this time.

As i've spent au$20.00 on the card i'll definately try it again but i'm very unimpressed with my first experience.

Testicles

I get that message all the time calling from Canada and it doesn't matter what time I phone, morning, evening, afternoon or middle of the night. I suspect it is actually the long distance circuits on the Thai end. Too many of us phoning there at all hours of the day from all parts of the world. :Ass_Lick:

I get the 'network busy' very often when I call from Malaysia. Never had a problem from Australia including using the CallThai card. Perhaps there were some technical difficulties at the time you tried.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I've had a lot of problems from Canada over the last week using 3 different providers, no difference with any of them.

I'll try again tonight when I get a garbled message from my darling at some stupid ungodly f@cking hour of the morning which says please call me. I need to explain the concept of time differences to her.

Testicles

I need to explain the concept of time differences to her.

Good luck with that!

I need to explain the concept of time differences to her.

Explain away to your hearts content Andy, but when she wants to call, it ain't going to make the slightest bit of difference. :Deadhorse:

Even in thailand, my girl would be on the phone to Mama or 'Seeter' at all times of the day / night, so why should I be any different? "I want speak you so I call. Is okay?"

:LMFAO::Cry4::D

• 1 month later...

A good one is SUPERSAVER phone card, available from 7/11. It gets you 400 minutes to a thai mobile for a $20 card. Line is good 95% of the time.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Im with Optus and i can ring Thailand from my mobile phone for 3 dollars for ten minutes which i think isnt too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Im with Optus and i can ring Thailand from my mobile phone for 3 dollars for ten minutes which i think isnt too bad.

With the card from CallThai a 10 minute call will cost you 25 cents. For $3 you could talk for 120 minutes.

Calling from Australia I got lucky with a phone card available from most newsagents called IT'S GREEN CARD. I have been able to talk to the TG for an hour for little more than a dollar. Sometimes the quality is not a 100% but most of the time it's quite good. Anyway, it beats using the thieving bastards Telstra, where one gets charged a dollar a minute.

• 7 months later...

For those that feel safe useing there Credit Card on the Internet: I reccomend these sites. You can make calls for less than 0.07c a min excluding your personal call rate from your phone to the call center (Charged at your phone provider's rate). Cards start from as little as $5. So you can try them out then buy up big later.

I've used a couple different cards now. Asia Connect and Chats. Both were OK

http://www.phonecardselector.com.au/

http://www.ozprepaidcards.com.au/

I recently got up to scratch with the 21st century and now use VOIP through my ISP provider (TPG).

Untimed calls anywhere in Oz are 10 cents and calls to LOS are .0866 cents a minute with minimum call cost 10 cents. Line quality is good.

http://www.tpg.com.au/voip/callrates.php?letter=T

• 2 years later...

i use Thailand Voice calling cards and have been for the past year or so, theyve been pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

i got put on to hello thailand card seems to last twice as long as the other cards,$10 card lasts me a couple of weeks,from perth that is.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an Australian 'GoTalk' sim and it is 1/2c to Thai land line and 2.5c per minute to call a mobile, line is clear and have never had any issues with connecting.

Go Talk Link

I hope this is useful to you guys

Cheers

Highlander