IGNORED

Best to Rent View Talay 6? Honey? Dancewatchers? VT6?

StrikeEagle

is there any chance of a walk in and room for a 4 nights at any of the mentioned agents

or is the place so busy booking is the only option

im talking easter time before sonkran

No problem at all.

Even during Xmas/NYE there were many condos for rent.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT NEWS :

As of today, bookings through Dancewatchers will be subject to additional 7% VAT TAX, and also applies to bookings already made for 2015.

People who have already booked condo will receive new voucher from Tik with additional tax to pay at check-in.

This is new policy enforced by Revenue Department.

Just received an amended voucher for an extra 2,600 baht for my next stay of 17 days !!! Unexpected and unwelcome as cuts into my spending money !!! Not happy

Just received an amended voucher for an extra 2,600 baht for my next stay of 17 days !!! Unexpected and unwelcome as cuts into my spending money !!! Not happy

Doing the math, that is just under 153 baht per day. So, basically you are going to have to give up about 2 beers a day to cover the tax.

Honestly, is that truly so much as to be a deal breaker? Each man will have to answer this for himself. For me, given the situation, the answer is "no."

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

you can cancel and find a better deal then!

On another thread, DW/Tik has indicated that she will make a full refund if you want to cancel.  You can email her.

Here's the original quote / post:

Tik was called into the Revenue office and told that VAT had to be applied to all check ins. She was between a rock and a hard place. She has never increased prices before and this was out of her control. A lot of things are changing in Thailand. The Revenue office has been in a lot of rental offices in many buildings the past few weeks taking photos of their offices. Any customer who does not want to pay this tax can have a refund of the deposit and their reservation will be cancelled Tik has told me to pass this on.

She offered me my entire money back if I wished to cancel.  Not going to get upset over 2100 baht.  She emailed me back a nice thank you.  Don't think this is her problem

Joker.

Unbelievable how cynical and shitty some people got about this... Embarrassed to be a farang sometimes... Tik is a very good lady...

Gotta agree with Daddee.

I'll say it again. We are talking about two beers a day to pay a TAX that is being enforced by Thai authorities. Or, if you want to look at it another way, it's equal to ONE Lady Drink per day. 

IMHO that's a pittance. But, I'm also the type of guy who gladly pays a couple of hundred dollars US to fly 18+ hours in a comfortable seat with quality food and entertainment as opposed to being squeezed into some of the smallest seats available with Spirit Airways legroom and marginal in flight entertainment to save a few bucks. For me, being on holiday is about enjoying the experience from start to finish, and every moment in between.This includes supporting quality businesses that supply a quality experience and high value for my money.  In this, I recognize that every business has to make a reasonable profit in order to keep providing me with a quality product and still remain in business. Having worked in private industry for over 30 years, I've come to fully understand the balance that is required between low price, high quality, good value, and profitability that allows an employer to keep good people on staff by paying them a reasonable wage and keeping EVERYONE in that equation happy.

Each of us must find our point of happiness. To find that, we each make our own choices. Remember, these choices are our own. Nobody is making us choose one way or another. Those affected by the enforcement of this tax can choose to pay the additional 7%, or accept a refund on the deposit and find another place to stay while in Pattaya. The choice is yours. 

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

I haven't stayed at VT6 before but have now submitted 2 booking forms for accommodation via Dancewatchers site. The last was sent 4 days ago and still no response.

Many BM's talk about rapid response from Tik, not so in my case and their service will need to improve if I am to make a booking.

I haven't stayed at VT6 before but have now submitted 2 booking forms for accommodation via Dancewatchers site. The last was sent 4 days ago and still no response.

Many BM's talk about rapid response from Tik, not so in my case and their service will need to improve if I am to make a booking.

try [email protected] if you haven't.

my guess is she's  been a little busy the last few days, dealing with angry customers and the like...  

I have never used Dancewatchers, and don't know Tik personally, but I do know she does a great job taking care of her customers and has lots and lots of very happy ones.  and the units she rents are top notch from everything I have seen.

Okay sorted. I copied and pasted the booking form for Dancewatchers and got a lightning quick reply. I then responded with a query and again a speedy reply

Excellent communication from Tik after all

Brilliant well done :GoldenSmile1: 

My son and I have two condos in VT6 reserved for May.  We stayed in VT2 last year, all through Dancewatchers.  They have been great to work with and 100 baht/day increase in price is not a deal breaker.  Looking forward to our time there! 

Have a great trip. I hope it is a happy one.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Have stayed twice at VT6, both times booked through DWs and they looked after me extremely well on both occasions. Will book with them again, no problem.

Excellent staff and they do a great job at making your stay hassle free. Cleaning is fast and efficient and nothing ever missing from the room after they have left, even after showing them the tip jar 555  Piggy Bank as one of the girls called it. 

IMPORTANT NEWS :

As of today, bookings through Dancewatchers will be subject to additional 7% VAT TAX, and also applies to bookings already made for 2015.

People who have already booked condo will receive new voucher from Tik with additional tax to pay at check-in.

This is new policy enforced by Revenue Department.

Good news from Dancewatchers today !

After talks with their accountant and the Revenue Department the VAT tax ratio has been reduced a lot on reservations and they are passing the savings on customers.

Everybody will receive a new revised check-in voucher accordingly...

Amount can be reduced from a few hundreds to a few thousands baths depending on how long and what kind of condo you have booked. For example about 2,500 baths discount for one month stay.

She told me that she doesn't provide transport anymore when I asked in email.  I looked in the transportation forum and I have reserved with Meow.  She is highly recommended as well as another lady who is just starting her taxi business.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about maybe doing 10 nights at the beginning of July. What are the odds of a lower price at Honeys for a walk in same day booking? I am half way between the 7 and 14 day tariff brackets. Due to low season, do you think they could be persuaded?

Countdown Clocks

I'm thinking about maybe doing 10 nights at the beginning of July. What are the odds of a lower price at Honeys for a walk in same day booking? I am half way between the 7 and 14 day tariff brackets. Due to low season, do you think they could be persuaded?

Is it cheaper to book 14 days?

Archived