Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel not taking a girls I.D is NOT a good thing

tobeornottobe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot understand the idea of this thread-simple solution is take the girls ID card and her phone or her apartment keys and lock them away yourself and you won,t have any problems-if the lady is reluctant to do this then find another :Think1:

I cannot understand the idea of this thread-simple solution is take the girls ID card and her phone or her apartment keys and lock them away yourself and you won,t have any problems-if the lady is reluctant to do this then find another :Think1:

I don't think it would be easy to find another girl as you say . Getting one to hand her ID and phone over to you ? 

From a legal perspective, it certainly is illegal.

I wont debate it as it has been done to death, but it is not.

Just read again the laws, and not what people say on forums.

It is worrying. There are hundreds of Lao girls (and some boys) in Pattaya, Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand. They will either have to go illegal and overstay (and risk arrest and deportation if they get picked up by the BIB), invest in a fake Thai ID card which is expensive and very risky if they get caught, or try to get some form of legitimate visa which will be far too expensive and complicated for most of them. Or just go home to their village in Laos and earn a pittance.

Brewster, sorry to hear about your GF's predicament, I was laboring under the illusion that the Asean/AEC allowed for the free movement of citizens within the nations of the Asean (same as EU)...from what you are saying, this is not the case.

Hotels take IDs to protect the hotel, not to protect the guest

You might be correct in identifying the primary motive for the collection of a lady's ID. However, this also helps protect the guest, particularly in well run hotels where reception will not give the lady her ID back until they call your room to make sure that you are OK.

My Condo has the best system. Before the girl always had to leave ID.

After pressure from the residents, now "up to you". If you own an apartment in a Condo why should a Security man who is paid by the owners tell you who you can or cannot take into your apartment.

You can take a girl in or if it is a girl you have not taken before you have the option of asking her to leave ID with Security.

If the girl comes for an appointment with you she has to leave ID and give room number before she is allowed to go up to your room. You still have the option ,as many do, of going downstairs and taking the girl/boy in.

Condo Rule"    ACCOMPANIED GUESTS

When residents bring in accompanied guests

1. they may choose to take personal responsibility for the actions of their guests and do not need to contact the security desk.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I think that is a bit heavy handed - her phone is her life-line and a safety issue for her. How comfortable and relaxed do you think she is going to be knowing you have locked away any means for her to call for help or even get back to her appartment?! And how will that make her feel towards you?!

Yes of course lock YOUR stuff away at all times (especially during LT overnight) and get her to give ID, but why go further? Everytime I read of these idots in the paper who get robbed of phones, money, passport etc. I think what a total plonker. JUST LOCK YOUR SHIT AWAY. And be nice to the girl and let her yabber on a bit to "my fren" so she can let them know where she is and that she is OK

I think that is a bit heavy handed - her phone is her life-line and a safety issue for her. How comfortable and relaxed do you think she is going to be knowing you have locked away any means for her to call for help or even get back to her appartment?! And how will that make her feel towards you?!

Yes of course lock YOUR stuff away at all times (especially during LT overnight) and get her to give ID, but why go further? Everytime I read of these idots in the paper who get robbed of phones, money, passport etc. I think what a total plonker. JUST LOCK YOUR SHIT AWAY. And be nice to the girl and let her yabber on a bit to "my fren" so she can let them know where she is and that she is OK

After 27 visits to Patts in the last 6 years I know what I,m talking about-it sorts out the "runners/scammers" in no time and if I,m paying for a lady,s company for the night they are there to entertain me-9 girls out of 10 accept this- the others can find another punter,my money my rules :SoWhat1:

Brewster, sorry to hear about your GF's predicament, I was laboring under the illusion that the Asean/AEC allowed for the free movement of citizens within the nations of the Asean (same as EU)...from what you are saying, this is not the case.

There's a reciprocal arrangement that allows Lao citizens 30-days in Thailand (and vice versa) but the word I'm hearing is that if this is abused (my GF has 5 years of nearly back-to-back 30-day stamps!) it will no longer be allowed.  The presumption is that they are working - and they presume right in most cases, although my GF hasn't worked for nearly 3 years now.

She got her 30-day stamp last week, but I think it will prove increasingly difficult in future months.  I'm considering investing in an Ed. Visa for her to study English!

There's a reciprocal arrangement that allows Lao citizens 30-days in Thailand (and vice versa) but the word I'm hearing is that if this is abused (my GF has 5 years of nearly back-to-back 30-day stamps!) it will no longer be allowed.  The presumption is that they are working - and they presume right in most cases, although my GF hasn't worked for nearly 3 years now.

She got her 30-day stamp last week, but I think it will prove increasingly difficult in future months.  I'm considering investing in an Ed. Visa for her to study English!

Thanks for the info mate...hope you can work something out for her.

After 27 visits to Patts in the last 6 years I know what I,m talking about-it sorts out the "runners/scammers" in no time and if I,m paying for a lady,s company for the night they are there to entertain me-9 girls out of 10 accept this- the others can find another punter,my money my rules :SoWhat1:

So you lock up the girl's ID and phone - that's a new one on me. If her phone rings while in the safe do you just ignore it, or open the safe to let her answer it?...just asking  :Think1:

Hotels take IDs to protect the hotel, not to protect the guest

Pretty much

From a legal perspective, it certainly is illegal.

Nope. Incorrect.

No it isn't, but there are laws regulating it.

Winner.

There is very little actual protection in leaving an ID at the front desk. Maybe an opportunistic petty filcher might think twice about it, but a girl intent on robbery is gonna plan ahead with a fake or stolen ID. You will get way more protection from robbery simply by using common sense and not leaving tempting items out where they can disappear.

I guess if you are drugged and robbed they might find you a little quicker, but you are being naive if you think that little plastic card is what is keeping the girl from sticking that knife in her purse through your ribs while you sleep. If she wants to do it she will, and leave her fake ID behind.

It hasn't commenced yet and when it does it will only apply to a small number of identified professions, not a free for all.

It hasn't commenced yet and when it does it will only apply to a small number of identified professions, not a free for all.

Indeed.  And I very much doubt coyote/gogo dancer will be one of the identified ones!!

It is clearly a very different proposition to the European Union - where there is free movement to the UK from citizens of all EU countries...regardless of their skill-sets,likelihood of getting a job or acceptance of British values.

It is a must for me too! The Girls should leave their ID's

Lets be honest the Girls have us when we at our most vularable state with our Brains on Holiday and our dicks running the Show. I hear so many Horror Storys of switched on Girls drugging and robbing guys and it is like taking candy from a Baby for them.

So yes, the hotel ID System is there for your safety, should be thankful for it.

It is a must for me too! The Girls should leave their ID's

Lets be honest the Girls have us when we at our most vularable state with our Brains on Holiday and our dicks running the Show. I hear so many Horror Storys of switched on Girls drugging and robbing guys and it is like taking candy from a Baby for them.

So yes, the Hotel ID System is there for your safety, should be thankful for it.

It is there to cover the hotel's asses. Your safety, and the negligible benefit to your safety taking IDs provides, is at best, a secondary concern.

After pressure from the residents, now "up to you". If you own an apartment in a Condo why should a Security man who is paid by the owners tell you who you can or cannot take into your apartment.

You can take a girl in or if it is a girl you have not taken before you have the option of asking her to leave ID with Security.

If the girl comes for an appointment with you she has to leave ID and give room number before she is allowed to go up to your room. You still have the option ,as many do, of going downstairs and taking the girl/boy in.

Condo Rule"    ACCOMPANIED GUESTS

1. they may choose to take personal responsibility for the actions of their guests and do not need to contact the security desk.

Good system, we have the same in the Condo that I own my apartments in I am the owner so it is up to my guests if they would like to register visitors or not.

Some do some don't.

However there is a very good CCTV system and all visitors will be seen and recorded.

JDM

BM may have noticed that I have removed my website link this is due to me renting out my apartments long term and I was receiving about 20 inquiries a day from the site.

I have a few gaps up to the 1st of Sept. On apartment 1207.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Pretty much

Nope. Incorrect.

Winner.

There is very little actual protection in leaving an ID at the front desk. Maybe an opportunistic petty filcher might think twice about it, but a girl intent on robbery is gonna plan ahead with a fake or stolen ID. You will get way more protection from robbery simply by using common sense and not leaving tempting items out where they can disappear.

I guess if you are drugged and robbed they might find you a little quicker, but you are being naive if you think that little plastic card is what is keeping the girl from sticking that knife in her purse through your ribs while you sleep. If she wants to do it she will, and leave her fake ID behind.

I don't think there much risk of that happening if you stick to GOGOS AND Beer Bars, its for this reason I don't go for freelancers

Absolutly a must. All the good hotels do it and never a problem.<br /><br />How can you really trust a bargirl no matter how innocent she appears. And the nice girls understand so it does no harm for the added security.

I disagree, in hotels where I am well know if I bring a girl home that I am totally comfortable with they never "intrude", if it is a girl I am not sure of, I will steer to reception for ID check.  "BUYER BEWARE".

Ifind most guesthouses dont bother but most hotels do.hotels with joiner fees almost always check. it does gives afeeling of being looked after.

Any hotel with a "joiner fee" is one to be avoided.

It is worrying. There are hundreds of Lao girls (and some boys) in Pattaya, Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand. They will either have to go illegal and overstay (and risk arrest and deportation if they get picked up by the BIB), invest in a fake Thai ID card which is expensive and very risky if they get caught, or try to get some form of legitimate visa which will be far too expensive and complicated for most of them. Or just go home to their village in Laos and earn a pittance.

It is worrying because they are likely to drive them "underground" that could have a totally negative effect on the "new administration's aims".albiet I do not agree with the "new direction".

It is clearly a very different proposition to the European Union - where there is free movement to the UK from citizens of all EU countries...regardless of their skill-sets,likelihood of getting a job or acceptance of British values.

I take your point, working within it in a multi national company, yet have experienced with the NHS if we did not have immigrants from non european countries, we would have no NHS.

The Hilton seemed to have a little more elaborate system -- they didn't just take the i.d.; they also logged some kind of info (maybe phone number?) in a book

No hassle at all, and the girl seemed okay with it (as was I).

I don't know if they call when the girl leaves, because I walked her down and waited for the her to leave by taxi before I headed back up.  Not a hassle for me and I thought it was a sign of respect for her (in front of the security guards)

Condo Rule" ACCOMPANIED GUESTS

this seems similar to how vt6 is these days... my regular girl is not asked, but if I want I can stop at desk and have girl register...

Condo Rule" ACCOMPANIED GUESTS

this seems similar to how vt6 is these days... my regular girl is not asked, but if I want I can stop at desk and have girl register...

I take your point, working within it in a multi national company, yet have experienced with the NHS if we did not have immigrants from non european countries, we would have no NHS.

Agree 100% with what you say. If anybody wishes to come to the UK who possesses the skills required to fill any gaps (eg NHS) then they should be gratefully welcomed, regardless of their ethnic background. However, to the unskilled, we need to pull up the draw-bridge.

I am currently working a few months of the year in Australia, I had to undergo a rigorous process - copies of my university degrees, Bupa medical insurance, references and employment history, as well of course a letter from my Aussie employer. Only after this did I get my 457 Visa from Aussie Immigration. This is exactly as it should be.

You sound like a real charmer! If it works for you, fine - we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one :-)

Archived