Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel not taking a girls I.D is NOT a good thing

tobeornottobe

A lot of guys think its great when hotels don't bother taking a girls I.D but this is a big no no for me , why do some guys think this? This is there to protect us from being robbed or worse in the middle of the night and the girl doing a runner. I was very tempted by the baywalk residence in August but when I read on a thread heree that they dont bother taking the girls I.D , I crossed them off the list immediately. When I stayed at the PBR , they always took the girls I.D and they always called up to my  room to check on me before she left, this type of security is a must as far as I'm concerned and I don't understand the logic of some guys that thinks otherwise, perhaps I can be convinced?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate,

I am not sure... If I was that concerned I would not take her to begin with... Each to their own. If it works for you all good. :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Absolutly a must. All the good hotels do it and never a problem.<br /><br />How can you really trust a bargirl no matter how innocent she appears. And the nice girls understand so it does no harm for the added security.

It's a nice extra layer of security, When I stayed at VT6 condo they didn't take ID but I never had any problems.

:Agree1:Safety is safety and sometimes is not sufficiently appreciated. :GrinNod1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Safety can never be underestimated, however , if a lady comes across as being even the slightest bit sketchy, I won't take her.

Not saying this is a fool proof method, but I have never had even a hint of a problem.

Ifind most guesthouses dont bother but most hotels do.hotels with joiner fees almost always check. it does gives afeeling of being looked after.

i love pattaya

Galaxy Suites takes ID so that we know the girl is 18+ and Thai.  Also, if customer has problem we can help him with contact with police.  This has never been necessary, though.  If a girl does not have an ID, there is probable a reason for it.  Age, police or being in country illegally.  Some fro Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia.  Some actually forget their ID at home or village.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

While I appreciate a hotel doing this, I wouldn't avoid a place just because they don't. It's up to me to vet the girl really, not the hotel.

I always stay at the Marriott where they check ID. However, if I'm staying in one of the Terrace Suites then it's possible to enter from the Beach Road side and enter the suite without passing the bellman at the elevator who collects IDs. Doesn't really bother me either way - by the time I've decided to bring a girl back to my room I've got a pretty good feel for her.

Galaxy Suites takes ID so that we know the girl is 18+ and Thai. Also, if customer has problem we can help him with contact with police. This has never been necessary, though. If a girl does not have an ID, there is probable a reason for it. Age, police or being in country illegally. Some fro Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia. Some actually forget their ID at home or village.

Hmmm ... I never considered this. Are hotels really concerned if a girl is in Thailand legally or not ?

Hmmm ... I never considered this. Are hotels really concerned if a girl is in Thailand legally or not ?

i love pattaya

illegalities when in a foreign land must be avoided as far as possible.

i love pattaya

Galaxy Suites takes ID so that we know the girl is 18+ and Thai.  Also, if customer has problem we can help him with contact with police.  This has never been necessary, though.  If a girl does not have an ID, there is probable a reason for it.  Age, police or being in country illegally.  Some fro Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia.  Some actually forget their ID at home or village.

All the Lao girls I know in Pattaya are there legally; they just leave their passport at the hotel.

This may change if they really do clamp down on the 30-day stay given to Lao citizens. My Lao GF did her border run yesterday and got another 30-day stamp, but was advised it might be the last time. She might have little choice but to stay illegally soon :-(

illegalities when in a foreign land must be avoided as far as possible.

Presumably you don't engage in P4P in foreign lands?

All the Lao girls I know in Pattaya are there legally; they just leave their passport at the hotel.

This may change if they really do clamp down on the 30-day stay given to Lao citizens. My Lao GF did her border run yesterday and got another 30-day stamp, but was advised it might be the last time. She might have little choice but to stay illegally soon :-(

Yeah, a Lao friend of mine in Bangkok told me the same thing ... she's a bit worried about it.

Yeah, a Lao friend of mine in Bangkok told me the same thing ... she's a bit worried about it.

It is worrying. There are hundreds of Lao girls (and some boys) in Pattaya, Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand. They will either have to go illegal and overstay (and risk arrest and deportation if they get picked up by the BIB), invest in a fake Thai ID card which is expensive and very risky if they get caught, or try to get some form of legitimate visa which will be far too expensive and complicated for most of them. Or just go home to their village in Laos and earn a pittance.

It's a nice extra layer of security, When I stayed at VT6 condo they didn't take ID but I never had any problems.

VT6 condo now checks the ID of the girls, yes they did not before.

One of my Lao regulars just leaves her Lao passport with security now, hopefully she will be able to stay in Thailand!

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

One of my Lao regulars just leaves her Lao passport with security now, hopefully she will be able to stay in Thailand!

It might be tricky, although my Lao GF seems to think Immigration only want to stop the Vietnamese and not Lao people! She got her usual 30-day stamp at the Cambodian border yesterday, but I think it might be 7 days only next month and then no more!

The hotel I stay always take the ladies ID or passport and advise me  that I am with a boy who looks like a girl . We always have a laugh about it . 

besides I think the hotels are legally obligated to get a copy of the ID of everyone who's staying in their hotel. So perhaps they don't have a choice.

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

Hotels take IDs to protect the hotel, not to protect the guest

Right.

It's amazing how people think it's for their security when it's for others security.

Presumably you don't engage in P4P in foreign lands?

If you try to come with "prostitution is illegal in Thailand", forget it, it'not illegal.

If you try to come with "prostitution is illegal in Thailand", forget it, it'not illegal.

From a legal perspective, it certainly is illegal.

No, only if they have ID.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

It's not common in all countries. So I always err on the side of caution and lock values before I leave and as soon as I get back.

Archived