IGNORED

Windows XP Updates via Registry Tweak

john2028

I came across this Registry tweak for Windows XP recently. I installed it on my netbook today, and it worked perfectly, picking up four new security updates for Windows XP Embedded, plus a Skype update

http://betanews.com/2014/05/26/how-to-continue-getting-free-security-updates-for-windows-xp-until-2019/

Just make sure you alter the file extension from .txt to .reg, before you highlight it and press ENTER, to install it in the Registry.

My Samsung NC10 netbook still has XP as the OS. I am reluctant to upgrade, as it contained many progs, mainly photo edit stuff, which I am familiar with and many digital maps. I installed a small SSD some time ago and the machine is very portable and fits in most room safes.

I never use XP on line however. I run Linux Mint direct from a USB flash drive for email and web browsing purposes. Viruses and Malware are virtually unknown on Linux apparently.

Archived