IGNORED

Australian Tourist Visa

Scumbag

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

This thread seems to have some excellent advice thanks to many people. One question I have is.. What would be the minimun timeframe you would typical need to know your girl for before it is feasible to attempt to get a tourist Visa? I am thinking approximately 3 Months.. But thats just a wild guess.. I would highly appreciate peoples opinions here.

Hi guys,

This thread seems to have some excellent advice thanks to many people. One question I have is.. What would be the minimun timeframe you would typical need to know your girl for before it is feasible to attempt to get a tourist Visa? I am thinking approximately 3 Months.. But thats just a wild guess.. I would highly appreciate peoples opinions here.

Technically there is no limit. It is a tourist visa that you are after not a partner visa. I know of one guy who went to Thailand, met a girl and got her a visa for Oz on the same trip. However, I see there benefits in showing that you have a relationship with her. One of these is that if there is a relationship you have a good reason to support her visit and I guess it is less likely that she will do a runner or work.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 6 months later...

Are initial tourist visa's to Australia always limited to a maximum of three (3) months?

Can they be granted for 4 or 5 months on request, or are they knocked back to a max of 3?

Anyone with any experience of this care to comment?

Cheers

Are initial tourist visa's to Australia always limited to a maximum of three (3) months?

Can they be granted for 4 or 5 months on request, or are they knocked back to a max of 3?

Anyone with any experience of this care to comment?

Cheers

You could try asking the visa handling company for advice. I sent an email directly to the embassy in Bangkok one time and didn't get a response.

VFS: [email protected]

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

• 4 months later...

hey, hope to get some feedback on an application im proposing

in brief, i met a tg about a month ago and want to have her stay wif me n travel with her

her situation.. got no money and unemployed.....

my situation.. own home, heaps redraw on loan, no debts, unemployed, 2 kids

im wanting to get a 1 year tourist visa.. is there any chance or will they only give a 3 month one

appreciate any help

Not sure there is such thing as a one year tourist visa.

6 months max as a tourist.

For a longer stay, she has to study, or have a work sponsor, or perhaps prospective spouse.

Good luck.

Theres 12 month multientry tourist visas.

You need to establish a few things to get things moving,sounds like you might have a hard road there if you are not employed, she cannot demonstrate a reason to go back to her country and so forth.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Thanks Scumbag,

Followed all your criteria and no problem with the single entry visa for 3 months.

Bar girl, (not mentioned), no income, no money.

Printed photos all from one trip but with no dates on photographs. No interview, no phone call, no medical. 5 minute process at Visa center, didn't ask me a question, just wanted to make sure that I had the application fee. (haha sounds like alot of thai's I know)

Anyway, thanks for all the advice.

Paul

hey, hope to get some feedback on an application im proposing

in brief, i met a tg about a month ago and want to have her stay wif me n travel with her

her situation.. got no money and unemployed.....

my situation.. own home, heaps redraw on loan, no debts, unemployed, 2 kids

im wanting to get a 1 year tourist visa.. is there any chance or will they only give a 3 month one

appreciate any help

I have read that income is what they want to see rather than capital. I'd suggest that you contact immigration and see what they say.

Not sure there is such thing as a one year tourist visa.

6 months max as a tourist.

For a longer stay, she has to study, or have a work sponsor, or perhaps prospective spouse.

Good luck.

There is a 12 month tourist visa available. However, I suspect that the chances of a TG getting it are close to zero. They are avalable for stays of 3, 6 and 12 months.

Thanks Scumbag,

Followed all your criteria and no problem with the single entry visa for 3 months.

Bar girl, (not mentioned), no income, no money.

Printed photos all from one trip but with no dates on photographs. No interview, no phone call, no medical. 5 minute process at Visa center, didn't ask me a question, just wanted to make sure that I had the application fee. (haha sounds like alot of thai's I know)

Anyway, thanks for all the advice.

Paul

Good news is always good..:GoldenSmile1:

My girlfriend first got a 3 month tourist visa to Australia, when we came back to Thailand together applied for a 12 month multiple entry visa and was granted straight away although (like here on tourist visa) she had to leave Australia every three months. There is no minimum time she has to0 be out of Australia. Technically she can catch a flight to NZ and return without leaving the NZ airport. Of course getting a vis for NZ is another matter... My girlfriend used to return to Thailand every three months to see to her condo, car and business here so it worked well, if not expensive. I think it helped with her application that she had business and property interests here as well as a big fat bank book.

Irony is that now we live here it's me doing the visa runs :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

If I get her a 3 month visa can this be renewed in Australia when she is here before it expires?

There is provision for extending the stay but like all applications the chances of getting one will depend on the circumstances. The cost of the application is $250 as opposed to the $105 for the original visa.

if you really got soft spot for her better to reapply again after she gone home ..........

if all went well ...........

you get 12month visa where she need to leave the country every 3 months without reapplying again ............

they never the same after the first trip ..........now that's another topic..........

just fly out back in again

say singapore or timor

I'am not sure about new zealand ....

only dealt with fiji, indonesia, phil, singaore ,hong kong women........

thai is the next stop.............

talk to

Immigration be honest with them they will tell what you can and can't do

best of luck..............

genne smith38.jpg

thanks Scumbag and Blackeye for the info

Bitch Controller tried to send you PM but inbox full, can you PM me your number so we can have a chat about cost etc....please

Also when you get visa approved can you bring them over straight away or can you delay it?

Also does Thailand have storage lockers for her stuff or what is the go there?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know about changing from a tourist visa to a student visa. I know that studend visas don't expire if the applicant continues studying. There are courses here in Sydney that cost around $1000 for 3 months. If it's possible would be a good way of extending the initial 3 month tourist visa.

• 3 weeks later...

My TG obtained a 3 month tourist visa, arrived in Aust in August and spent about 10 weeks with me. Back to Thailand and apply for a new visa, this time asking for a 12 month multi entry as she has to be back in Thailand to organise her daughter's move to BKK to attend University next year and some property sale deal etc. However the multi entry was knocked back and only a three month visa granted. Embassy called her to tell her the news and asked her to come to the Embassy to collect her passport "we'll explain all when you get here" was the info on the phone, when she attended at the Embassy they advised she had not had sufficient break between visa's and next time she would have to be back in Thailand for 3 or 4 months before they would consider granting another tourist visa.

What gives? Anyone have any experience like this?

My TG obtained a 3 month tourist visa, arrived in Aust in August and spent about 10 weeks with me. Back to Thailand and apply for a new visa, this time asking for a 12 month multi entry as she has to be back in Thailand to organise her daughter's move to BKK to attend University next year and some property sale deal etc. However the multi entry was knocked back and only a three month visa granted. Embassy called her to tell her the news and asked her to come to the Embassy to collect her passport "we'll explain all when you get here" was the info on the phone, when she attended at the Embassy they advised she had not had sufficient break between visa's and next time she would have to be back in Thailand for 3 or 4 months before they would consider granting another tourist visa.

What gives? Anyone have any experience like this?

I know someone else who had the same experience and I am sure a BM has posted about the same in the past. I would say they do this when they have doubts about it being used for tourist purposes. A tourist visa should not be used to reside in Australia for a while. If someone applies for a visa straight after they arrive back in Thailand I think they are justified in having those thoughts. If you want her to stay longer you may like to consider enrolling her in an English course and get her a student visa but this is going to cost you. However, this will allow her to work part-time when she is studting and full-time during breaks.