IGNORED

Australian Tourist Visa

Scumbag

Since there is a proper place for it I just have to post as 10 hours ago my TG picked up her passport with an Australian tourist visa in it.

First of all you do not lodge an application at the Australian Embassy. They have outsourced the collection of the applications to a contractor. I suspect this is a security measure as it limits the number of people being admitted to the embassy. Applications are lodged at the Australian Visa Application Centre. They only accept applications between 8:30am and 3:00pm, Monday to Friday. Passports can only be collected from 3:00pm until 4:30pm. Once the application is accepted it is passed onto the embassy.

When you arrive at the office you are given a number and asked to take a seat. You are then called to a table and the application is looked over. You are asked to get a cheque from a window in the office (2185B including fee for cheque) and you must also pay a processing fee of 500B in cash. You are returned the photocopy of her passport that you supplied with a little information. She must bring the photocopy of her passport when she collects the passport. The process took us no longer than 30 minutes. We where told the application should take 5 days but could take longer. In our case it was back in 5 days.

Here is a list of documents that we provided:

- completed application form

- letter from her employer

- her bank book (not a copy) even though she had no savings

- photocopy of her ID card both front and back

- photocopy of her passport details page

- letter of invitation

- letter from my employer

- my Australian bank statement for the previous 12 months

- statutory declaration stating the depth of our relationship and what I would provide for her while in Australia

- list of SMS the we shared from shortly after I met her

- statement showing one month of telephone calls (I was unable to provide more)

- photocopy of my Thai bank account showing transfers to her account

- 7 photographs of us together (I ensured that none showed us in a bar situation)

At present there are no printing facilities in the office but you can get documents photocopied at 3B a page.

From my experience and from talking to others who have done the same getting a tourist visa for Australia for a TG is no problem. Of course you have to make sure that you have given your application some thought and covered all the areas that they are interested in. I think if you can demonstrate that she has a job to come back to and that you can show that you can provide for her you will have no problems.

One bit of advice that I will give was given to me by lostinspace and I believe that it is true. Don't listen to what any Thai tells you about the application process and what is required. Undoubtedly with a little research you will know far more than them. I suspect after reading this you already do! Also remember that if you stuff it up first time you could jeopardise later applications.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Added to the list that I also gave them a letter of invitation for her. In this I outlined the reasons for the visit and highlighted strong points in the application.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Added to the list that I also gave them a letter of invitation for her. In this I outlined the reasons for the visit and highlighted strong points in the application.

SAME SAME AS UK SYSTEM.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Well done Rob. I hope she enjoys the trip and everthing works out well for both of you, she's a really nice girl and In liked her as well. :Deal:

Thanks for the info.

If I get to that point I will have to go thru this process.

Hope it goes well for you both!

Member since Dec 06.

• 3 months later...
Since there is a proper place for it I just have to post as 10 hours ago my TG picked up her passport with an Australian tourist visa in it.

First of all you do not lodge an application at the Australian Embassy. They have outsourced the collection of the applications to a contractor. I suspect this is a security measure as it limits the number of people being admitted to the embassy. Applications are lodged at the Australian Visa Application Centre. They only accept applications between 8:30am and 3:00pm, Monday to Friday. Passports can only be collected from 3:00pm until 4:30pm. Once the application is accepted it is passed onto the embassy.

When you arrive at the office you are given a number and asked to take a seat. You are then called to a table and the application is looked over. You are asked to get a cheque from a window in the office (2185B including fee for cheque) and you must also pay a processing fee of 500B in cash. You are returned the photocopy of her passport that you supplied with a little information. She must bring the photocopy of her passport when she collects the passport. The process took us no longer than 30 minutes. We where told the application should take 5 days but could take longer. In our case it was back in 5 days.

Here is a list of documents that we provided:

- completed application form

- letter from her employer

- her bank book (not a copy) even though she had no savings

- photocopy of her ID card both front and back

- photocopy of her passport details page

- letter of invitation

- letter from my employer

- my Australian bank statement for the previous 12 months

- statutory declaration stating the depth of our relationship and what I would provide for her while in Australia

- list of SMS the we shared from shortly after I met her

- statement showing one month of telephone calls (I was unable to provide more)

- photocopy of my Thai bank account showing transfers to her account

- 7 photographs of us together (I ensured that none showed us in a bar situation)

At present there are no printing facilities in the office but you can get documents photocopied at 3B a page.

From my experience and from talking to others who have done the same getting a tourist visa for Australia for a TG is no problem. Of course you have to make sure that you have given your application some thought and covered all the areas that they are interested in. I think if you can demonstrate that she has a job to come back to and that you can show that you can provide for her you will have no problems.

One bit of advice that I will give was given to me by lostinspace and I believe that it is true. Don't listen to what any Thai tells you about the application process and what is required. Undoubtedly with a little research you will know far more than them. I suspect after reading this you already do! Also remember that if you stuff it up first time you could jeopardise later applications.

Thanks for the info, i am 95 % throught my application for my thai fiancee, this will help heaps you have already fixed up a couple of my queries.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the advice Scumbag..

Followed what you posted and my lady got her 3 month visa in only 3 days despite having had 2 previous visa apps declined for other countries.

She also had no money (apart from mine) and no job (she gave up bar work 2 months prior). Was worth going to Thailand to help her with the application process.. Been back in Oz for a couple of weeks and we're getting on better than ever .. By the way she met me in Singapore on my way to Thailand..I reckon it was helpful for her to have a prior history of travelling overseas... photos included...to add to the application...Stat Decs from friends about our relationship proved useful as well.

Now we're now trying to work out the best way to get her back for longer after she leaves in March...Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated...Does anyone know how long she has to gone before she can re-enter?

cheers

Thanks for the advice Scumbag..

Followed what you posted and my lady got her 3 month visa in only 3 days despite having had 2 previous visa apps declined for other countries.

She also had no money (apart from mine) and no job (she gave up bar work 2 months prior). Was worth going to Thailand to help her with the application process.. Been back in Oz for a couple of weeks and we're getting on better than ever .. By the way she met me in Singapore on my way to Thailand..I reckon it was helpful for her to have a prior history of travelling overseas... photos included...to add to the application...Stat Decs from friends about our relationship proved useful as well.

Now we're now trying to work out the best way to get her back for longer after she leaves in March...Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated...Does anyone know how long she has to gone before she can re-enter?

cheers

It is good to hear success stories and it just shows how important a well thought out and prepared application is.

I don't believe that there is any set time before she can apply again. However you need to be aware that at some stage the immigration people will start to suspect that the reasons she is in Australia is something other than for tourism or visiting family and/or friends. I certainly wouldn't think that it would be with a second application after only just leaving Australia. All I am saying is don't count on this as being an avenue for her to be in Australia for a significant amount of time each year. You could try for a 6 month visa for her or even push your luck for a 12 month one. There is no harm in asking.

I am currently preparing another application for my lady to come visit me for almost 3 months. We will stating that she is not working now so your news is music to my ears as far as that is concerned.

Yes be careful if it was that easy everyone would be applying for rolling holiday visas ??

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I also followed scumbags helpful advice and got a 3 month visa for oz in only 3 days. my girl couldnt believe how easy it was as her friends had been telling her about the "interview' and all the questions. we were there for just over 20 minutes, never even sat down just handed in the application and paid the fee. thanks scumbag. hope to get another one in about 8 months or so, as I would like her to spend the christmas period in oz each year.

also be aware that the fee for the twelve month visa is posted at just under 43,000 baht!!

Edited by biggles
  • Like 1

I also followed scumbags helpful advice and got a 3 month visa for oz in only 3 days. my girl couldnt believe how easy it was as her friends had been telling her about the "interview' and all the questions. we were there for just over 20 minutes, never even sat down just handed in the application and paid the fee. thanks scumbag. hope to get another one in about 8 months or so, as I would like her to spend the christmas period in oz each year.

also be aware that the fee for the twelve month visa is posted at just under 43,000 baht!!

Happy to have helped out.

Which 12 month visa are you on about? I thought a tourist visa was the same cost whether it is 3, 6 or 12 month and if it is single or multiple entry. The price your have quoted seems to be about what they charge for a spouse or fiancé visa.

Something I should have mentioned before is that the embassy seems to have a policy of issuing a 12 month multiple entry visas after the initial visa. This means that if you apply for a second visa it is likely that you will get a multiple entry visa for stays of up to 3 months.

• Like 1

sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the spouse/partner/fiancee visa. wasnt even aware that there was a multiple entry twelve months tourist visa. is that right that it is the same price as a 3 month visa, even if its multiple entry? not like the thai system where its much dearer for a 12 month one than a 60 day one. I thought the fiancee/etc visa was a bit over the top in price.

sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the spouse/partner/fiancee visa. wasnt even aware that there was a multiple entry twelve months tourist visa. is that right that it is the same price as a 3 month visa, even if its multiple entry? not like the thai system where its much dearer for a 12 month one than a 60 day one. I thought the fiancee/etc visa was a bit over the top in price.

Yes it is the same price. I know people who have applied expecting to get a single entry visa and got a 12 month multiple entry one instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll prepare your application for a fee, and yes i am a registered migration agent....

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

good one rob.............

my girls be here in oz next week 9 Feb from indonesia..........

visa passport first time got it all in 2 weeks .............

do you're search guy first...............

very easy and quick when you know all that is need to be done...............

any chance of a copy of the letter of invitation please?

Sorry just seen this. Below should give you a good idea of how to do one. I have removed personal information so you can build your own from this if you like.

BTW my laady is off to Bangkok tomorrrow to pick up her passport that hopefully contains her second visa. The application was more or less the same as the first. Also it appears that the passport can now be picked up anytime between 10am and 4:30pm. Before they could only be picked up after 3pm

To Australian Immigration Department, Bangkok:

Re visa application for: My Teerak

Passport number. A1234567

My name is Scumbag

Australian PP number: E6969691

Address: Up my arse

I am a graduate from xxxxxxxx and I am currently employed by A Company. My salary is approximately A$xxxxxxx per year.

I write in support of the above application for a visitor’s visa. I am currently developing a relationship with her and she will be under my care and control whilst she is in Australia.

I would like to have My Teerak come to Australia to blah blah blah…….

I have been employed by my current employer since January 1862………

I met My Teerak in September 1985. <add any further details> I am keen for her to meet my family and experience the Australian way of life.

I undertake to provide all expenses and provide full lodging for her whilst she is in Australia. Furthermore I will ensure that she does not engage in employment activities while in Australia and departs prior to the expiration of her visa. I am currently in Thailand with My Teerak and will depart for Australia on the 7th of May. I can be contacted in Australia after the 7th of May on +61 xx xxx xxxx to confirm any details.

I have included some background information about myself and our relationship as listed below:

1. a statement of my mortgage account (my salary is paid into this account every month.)

2. a letter from my employer detailing my employment.

2. Copies of the relevant pages of my Australian passport.

3. Copies of my Thai bank passbook and ATM receipts showing transfers to My Teerak’s account.

4. A list of SMSs showing contact with My Teerak since September 1985.

5. Telephone statements showing contact with her over the same period.

6. Photographs showing us together.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Yours faithfully

Scumbag

I am lodging my tee ruks application next week, i am going through key visa company in pattaya darren is a great guy and knows what he is doing.

i have givin him all he needs including 1 years worth of emails, 1 years worth of international phone cards, 1 years worth of optus mobile phone records, 6 albums of photos (taking the bar ones out) recipts of hotels we stayed in, bills of resturants we have been too, and posts we have sent each other. Now i still live with my parents so i have a invatation letter from my folks saying that they would love for her to come stay in our home, mortgege bills from my folks, utilitly bills from my folks and even a picture of my folks together. i have then pretty much gathered the same sort of stuff that scumbag has said like passport pages, leter from my employer stating my salary and my position, and my bank statments. she also has letter from her employer and pictures of were she works in office. i also have transfrered 40000bt into her account as i heard the Australian embassy will check 2 weeks before to see that she has something in there in case something goes wrong. i have only transfered money to her twice but i hope they dont knock you back becasue you havent been sending money on a monthly basis! I hope this is all enough and i hope they dont treat it any diffrently becasue i live with my folks. Does anyone think that i shouldn't have a problem? anyone been in similar situation living with there folks?

cheers

"ONE WORLD ONE MUAY THAI"

Edited by Nak_ Muay

I am lodging my tee ruks application next week, i am going through key visa company in pattaya darren is a great guy and knows what he is doing.

i have givin him all he needs including 1 years worth of emails, 1 years worth of international phone cards, 1 years worth of optus mobile phone records, 6 albums of photos (taking the bar ones out) recipts of hotels we stayed in, bills of resturants we have been too, and posts we have sent each other. Now i still live with my parents so i have a invatation letter from my folks saying that they would love for her to come stay in our home, mortgege bills from my folks, utilitly bills from my folks and even a picture of my folks together. i have then pretty much gathered the same sort of stuff that scumbag has said like passport pages, leter from my employer stating my salary and my position, and my bank statments. she also has letter from her employer and pictures of were she works in office. i also have transfrered 40000bt into her account as i heard the Australian embassy will check 2 weeks before to see that she has something in there in case something goes wrong. i have only transfered money to her twice but i hope they dont knock you back becasue you havent been sending money on a monthly basis! I hope this is all enough and i hope they dont treat it any diffrently becasue i live with my folks. Does anyone think that i shouldn't have a problem? anyone been in similar situation living with there folks?

cheers

"ONE WORLD ONE MUAY THAI"

You shouldn't have a problem. My GF is on her way back from Bangkok with a one year multiple entry visa in her passport. I not longer live in Australia and told immigration that while in Australia we will be staying with my sister. I didn't give them anything from my sister saying that we were welcome to stay. From what you have posted your GF will not have any problem getting a visa.

Scumbag, did you ask for the one year multiple entry or did they just give it to you? I didnt realise it was possible and only got the 90 day one this time. Also, do you know if it is the same as the Thai one year multiple entry, that is, if you enter australia just before it expires you can still stay for 90 days?? this would make it quite a cheap option rather than paying for each single entry visa fee each time and save a lot of travel to BKK..

PS; I followed your support letter pretty much as you have written it and had absolutely no problem. 20 minutes in the visa centre and approved in 3 days. Thanks again.

Scumbag, did you ask for the one year multiple entry or did they just give it to you? I didnt realise it was possible and only got the 90 day one this time. Also, do you know if it is the same as the Thai one year multiple entry, that is, if you enter australia just before it expires you can still stay for 90 days?? this would make it quite a cheap option rather than paying for each single entry visa fee each time and save a lot of travel to BKK..

PS; I followed your support letter pretty much as you have written it and had absolutely no problem. 20 minutes in the visa centre and approved in 3 days. Thanks again.

I only asked for a single entry visa. It seems to be standard practice for them to issue a one year multiple entry after the first visa. I know of a few wother people who have had the same experience.

Sounds good as I wasnt looking forward to a regular trip to bkk for 3 month visas.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on our situation... My GF went back home in late March after her first 3 months in Oz with me.. She applied again in April and just rang to say she got a 12 month multi entry visa ..no probs..no interview, no phone call, no medical or police check needed..

Scumbag…she is still not working and the only money she gets comes from me…We set up an Oz bank account when she was here that she can access in Thailand (making withdrawals cheaper than Western Union and internet transfers which is a bonus). We made sure this was mentioned in the application.

I visited Thailand during Songkran in April to sort out the paperwork with her and she lodged it thru an AVAC agent (not in Bangkok) after I came back to Oz. The woman at AVAC suggested she should lodge a fiance application but I read somewhere that it's better to apply for a 2nd tourist visa before going down that path.

The app. had to be couriered to/from Bangkok and it took only 9 days in total to get the visa in her hands.. (Not sure if the Oz embassy was closed on these days but Anzac Day and May Day also occurred during the 9 days).

She needs to exit every 3 months which is a bit of a pain (financially) ..Would welcome suggestions on the best way to tackle this if anyone else had the same experience...I live in WA so Bali and Singapore look like cheap options for a quick getaway..

My advice to others is..

•DON'T lie but do provide answers to all the questions asked..think about what they are asking and why they need to know.

•don't hesitate to ask questions (I know it takes an eternity to get thru on the phone so try emails ..I got a quick response from DIAC on each occasion)...

•Give them more supporting documents than they ask for, including heaps of photos, a stat dec from you about when you met, how many times you have been together, how often you ring her, how you will support her financially when she is in Oz; 3 or 4 stat decs from others (your family is good) about their knowledge of your relationship and their wish to see your GF; if she has no money as much of proof of your capacity to support her as you can give.

•KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU LODGE…YOU WILL NEED IT FOR FUTURE APPLICATION/S.

We simply followed the advice from this site and I'd like to sincerely thank all contributors who have taken the time to share their valuable experiences..

My understanding is that DIAC has to approve all legitimate visa applications unless there is a good reason not to do so…So cover all bases and don’t give them that reason..

Scumbag…she is still not working..

I probably should have mentioned that on the second application we told them that she is no longer working.