IGNORED

Recently started having 2 issues with posting

LTGTR

First, the "Quote" button simply takes me to the bottom of the page to the "Post a Reply" box, without the quote. And second, I cannot cut and paste anything, period. Unable to post a web address, ect.

I have read the help forum and cannot find a solution for either issue.

TIA

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Had the same problem when i upgraded to IE 10 , back on IE 9 and works fine again. 

Still having this issue?

It is a problem with Internet Explorer, changing to another browser (chrome, Firefox, etc) will solve the problem, however I answered this question previously in another thread...

You do not need to change browsers, although this is a problem with Internet Explorer 11, it can be fixed with the click of one button.

If you click on quote and the reply box is empty, go to the top left corner of the reply box, there is a small square button (when you hold your mouse over this it will say "BBCode Mode").
Click on this BBCode Mode button and the options/ controls across the top of the reply box will disable/ grey out, now go back to the text you want to quote and click the relevant quote button again, this time you should be taken to the reply box with the quote you require inserted.

Add your reply below/ after

at the bottom of the inserted text, (e.g. click just after this, hit the return key once or twice and start and start typing blow the quote)

Internet Explorer will remember this setting , hence you should not need to enable it each time.

If you want to use any of the options/ controls (insert smilies, etc) across the top of the reply box, just click on the BBCode Mode button again after you have your quoted text to re-enable these options.

Hope this is helpful.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

First, the "Quote" button simply takes me to the bottom of the page to the "Post a Reply" box, without the quote. And second, I cannot cut and paste anything, period. Unable to post a web address, ect.

I have read the help forum and cannot find a solution for either issue.

TIA

The same solution will solve the cut and paste problem.

Yep have to go onto chrome if I want to reply rather than my preference, may be why the forum is not what it used to be, the moderators do not seemed bothered, it may well be its an encumbrance now lacking revenue  from input locally, hence the donation request of the users.

Yep have to go onto chrome if I want to reply rather than my preference, may be why the forum is not what it used to be, the moderators do not seemed bothered, it may well be its an encumbrance now lacking revenue  from input locally, hence the donation request of the users.

It is not really something the forum mods/ admin have much control over, the problem is with Internet Explorer and not the Forum.

If Admin read this, a possible solution was posted here https://www.invisionpower.com/support/kb/_/ie11-copypaste-and-quote-issues-r58

Archived