IGNORED

Minix TV boxes for sale UK & USA TV for free

lanzalad

I bought one and get it all set up today. Great box with fantastic service. This is a good guy.

I second that. Best thing I've ever bought.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lanzalad

I'm in Pattaya now. Can I get X8-H with Australian content?

Thanks

ive got a box but at the moment you can only get ABC but lanza lad is looking into it

any holes a goal

ive got a box but at the moment you can only get ABC but lanza lad is looking into it

Ok tks .. are you finding it useful?

Got my Box. Looks interesting. my problem is i never seem to find the time to sit down and watch a program for an hour or so. I did watch an episode from Boardwalk Empire.

Can some one tell me which  (if any) station has EPL  and Rugby Union (All Blacks etc).

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Just an update

The only problem is with True Move as they block the streaming outside of Thailand.

I have installed over 300 boxes and this is how i've found out what true do....

i don't have any problems installing boxes on TOT, 3BB and sometimes on  SOPHON we call out the engineer to re configure the settings and puang sorts that out.

True move / vision will not work as they sell a streaming package and they block all other streaming... so if anyone is thinking of getting the IPTV then don't use True for your internet service.

I'll be back in Pattaya on Saturday morning and I'd like one of your boxes for my place in Pratumnak. Will you be around this weekend so I can give you a call?

Hello I am in pattaya end of October for 10 days. This looks perfect to travel with ... will it work in the UK if I bring it back or will it need a whole lot of reconfiguring?

Also can it play movies from an SD card and  USB drive if I preload them?

Hello I am in pattaya end of October for 10 days. This looks perfect to travel with ... will it work in the UK if I bring it back or will it need a whole lot of reconfiguring?

Also can it play movies from an SD card and  USB drive if I preload them?

No its fine for the uk just let me know and i'll make the box plug n play for you in the uk.

There's a few things i add to the boxes for the uk and thailand as many don't work well in both countries.

yes it can play up to 4k screen resolution using the SD card or usb drive.

Now the boxes come with even more programs as well as the two kinds of XBMC

One from is its very own MINIX version and the other is the latest from XBMC

All the boxes come plug and play with all the program that work inside Thailand.

Thai expat tv & 356 sports per installed so all you have to do is login.

All up catch up tv movies on demand

Tv shows on demand

Here's a list of just a few of the channels...

mostly in  English but as you will see many also come in french, italian, german

i also offer with every box a free installation and i have a full backup and support site for anyone buying a minix

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-16-25.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-16-32.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-16-40.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-16-49.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-16-55.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-17-02.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-17-10.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-17-18.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-17-28.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-17-59.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-18-08.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-18-16.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-18-21.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-18-32.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-19-42.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-19-50.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-19-59.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-06.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-14.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-20.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-25.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-30.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-36.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-41.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-45.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-50.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-20-54.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-02.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-06.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-11.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-17.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-24.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-48.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-21-53.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-22-07.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-22-14.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-22-31.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-22-53.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-23-06.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-23-11.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-23-38.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-23-44.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-23-58.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-24-10-24-03.jpg

Hi can you please explain about true?  I stream (netflix,sling box) with true ultra cable day and night to america. 

Also is there a program guide showing what time what is playing?

Is there a search say you want to watch braking bad can you just type it in and all the episodes populate?

thanks

Hi can you please explain about true?  I stream (netflix,sling box) with true ultra cable day and night to america. 

True seam to block any raw streaming i.e. movies on demand and XBMC if its masked as data then you seam to get away with it and for some reason loading movies take twice as long on the true network against 3BB, TOT, and CAT

i tend to try and stick to the asian networks transmitting europe and USA tv as it works better and i also pick up a lot from the russain networks that also transmit the UK & USA channels in english.

Also is there a program guide showing what time what is playing?

Yes on most things yes failing that you can always compare using the internet listings but many programs are on demand so you can watch them any time you like.

Is there a search say you want to watch braking bad can you just type it in and all the episodes populate?

Yes you have a smart search that will start to populate as you type

Have you done any programming for Korean, Japanese, filipino channels? I live in the Philippines and thinking of buying one in November. We will be in Pattaya for 6 weeks and like something that works in both places.

Thanks

Hi there

Yes i can get most and i've already have the Chinese Japanese Korean and thai tv and movies.

Just let me know when your here and i'm more than willing to show my own box up and running.

My thoughts on this after using XBMC and an X8-H for a few weeks.

The Minix TV boxes are pretty much the best on the market at the moment, particularly the X8-H which is far more powerful than its predecessor the X7. Minix are also very active in firmware upgrades for their devices, unlike a lot of other manufacturers. This is very useful as firmware invariably has glitches on release, in the case of the Minix there are very few.

These machines are very, very fast and will make any TV far smarter than your average smart TV. They will flawlessly run just about any app on the play store, but the main reason that you would want this box is for the XBMC platform, which incidentally, is not available on the play store. There was a very good reason for this, which I've already forgotten.

I paid £106 for an X8-H in the UK with the M1 air mouse, so 6,500 baht is a very good price. 

I bought mine after playing around running XBMC on my laptop in Pattaya, connected to the TV via HDMI and it worked perfectly, although a PC or laptop is not perhaps the best device to run it on, in terms of practicality.

XBMC is open source software, so runs on just about any platform. There are loads of tutorials on youtube about installing and setting it up. For anyone installing it, be aware that once installed it is an "empty" system with no content - you need to configure it and set it up to suit yourself - again youtube is your friend.

Lanzalad seems to know what he's talking about and can probably advise you better, but I've found that the iStream add-on from xunity is one of the best packages to install in XBMC. It has many, many features, one of which is that It integrates seamlessly with IMDb and enables you to quickly generate watchlists on the IMDb site which XBMC will then play for you. It also allows you to subscribe to current TV series and will update the seasons episodes as and when they become available.

Another thing that might appeal to expats is the ability to configure the device to download Thai subtitles for any movie that you might want to watch with the Thai GF etc. This takes a little work to set up and not every movie has an equivalent subtitle, but if the movie is popular and has not just been released then it usually works. Again, you can use the integration with IMDb to generate watchlists of movies that have Thai subtitles - once set up, it is very, very easy. 

One thing that I've found with the TV boxes is that their weak spot can be wi-fi reception, but at least the Minix boxes have an external aerial. If you find that you are dropping too much bandwidth via wi-fi, you might find that you need to either upgrade it or plug the Minix into the router via an ethernet cable. To give an example of how bad it can get, in the UK I get about 18mbps at the router and with the Minix about 4M away and in direct line of sight, it dropped to between 1-2mbps. In my case I needed to upgrade the router for a tenner, which I will be bringing back to Pattaya in a couple of weeks.

All in all, these systems are phenomenal and for the price cannot be beaten. Compared to paying for Thai cable TV and the pathetic range of channels they show, it is an absolute no brainer.

My thoughts on this after using XBMC and an X8-H for a few weeks.

The Minix TV boxes are pretty much the best on the market at the moment, particularly the X8-H which is far more powerful than its predecessor the X7. Minix are also very active in firmware upgrades for their devices, unlike a lot of other manufacturers. This is very useful as firmware invariably has glitches on release, in the case of the Minix there are very few.

Yes this is why i only use the minix boxes and its a very good brand with a really good backup service second to none.

The minix company is very helpful and is always there not just for the box but helps me out with many of the apps and updates.

These machines are very, very fast and will make any TV far smarter than your average smart TV. They will flawlessly run just about any app on the play store, but the main reason that you would want this box is for the XBMC platform, which incidentally, is not available on the play store. There was a very good reason for this, which I've already forgotten.

Yes at the moment i offer around 40 apps installed on the boxes with two kinds of XBMC side by side, this offers the customer to do what the like with one of them and i fully load one of them up with everything that works on XBMC

The box comes fully loaded and XBMC is only a very small part of the box and to be fair many don't even use XBMC as the programs i install on the box you would just click and play without having to start up xbmc

I paid £106 for an X8-H in the UK with the M1 air mouse, so 6,500 baht is a very good price. 

I bought mine after playing around running XBMC on my laptop in Pattaya, connected to the TV via HDMI and it worked perfectly, although a PC or laptop is not perhaps the best device to run it on, in terms of practicality.

I've been doing this for some years now and its the same old story for me when using a laptop then connecting it to the tv, it not a good long term fix and it leaves you without your laptop, so just for that reason the minix box works very well as there's no moving parts and no noise from the box and it doesn't get hot.

XBMC is open source software, so runs on just about any platform. There are loads of tutorials on youtube about installing and setting it up. For anyone installing it, be aware that once installed it is an "empty" system with no content - you need to configure it and set it up to suit yourself - again youtube is your friend.

Lanzalad seems to know what he's talking about and can probably advise you better, but I've found that the iStream add-on from xunity is one of the best packages to install in XBMC. It has many, many features, one of which is that It integrates seamlessly with IMDb and enables you to quickly generate watchlists on the IMDb site which XBMC will then play for you. It also allows you to subscribe to current TV series and will update the seasons episodes as and when they become available.

There's many add ons that work well on XBMC depending on where you are in the world and so i tend to stick to the ones that work well in asia unless i know the person maybe traveling with the box.

Another thing that might appeal to expats is the ability to configure the device to download Thai subtitles for any movie that you might want to watch with the Thai GF etc. This takes a little work to set up and not every movie has an equivalent subtitle, but if the movie is popular and has not just been released then it usually works. Again, you can use the integration with IMDb to generate watchlists of movies that have Thai subtitles - once set up, it is very, very easy. 

​Yes i have a few programs i install on the box that will give you all the latest movies dubbed in thai or english with thai subs, my girl lives this one....

One thing that I've found with the TV boxes is that their weak spot can be wi-fi reception, but at least the Minix boxes have an external aerial. If you find that you are dropping too much bandwidth via wi-fi, you might find that you need to either upgrade it or plug the Minix into the router via an ethernet cable. To give an example of how bad it can get, in the UK I get about 18mbps at the router and with the Minix about 4M away and in direct line of sight, it dropped to between 1-2mbps. In my case I needed to upgrade the router for a tenner, which I will be bringing back to Pattaya in a couple of weeks.

Yes i got my self a new router after the new line was installed and i didn't need it but i didn't want the stock router from 3BB as it was very low end and for what its worth i just wanted a good router dual band and its great.

All in all, these systems are phenomenal and for the price cannot be beaten. Compared to paying for Thai cable TV and the pathetic range of channels they show, it is an absolute no brainer.

Thats for your post and you comments, when your here give me a shout and we can compare boxes..555

Here's mine next to the tv with a 240GB hard drive connected.

DSCF1044.JPG

Hello I am arriving in Patts on the 4th November and would like to know if you can set up an X8-H for me to take back to Khorat.Which internet supplier is the best in thailand. Thank You

Hello I am arriving in Patts on the 4th November and would like to know if you can set up an X8-H for me to take back to Khorat.Which internet supplier is the best in thailand. Thank You

Yes thats fine i also post them on in Thailand for free so if you wanted the box earlier i could post it to you.

We have found 3BB to be the best as true seam to block the streaming.

Hi Lanzalad - I have a quick question for you and hope you have the time to answer. I have been messing around with XBMC on my PC and Android phone using profiles from Adisak. I see at least two "local" US stations (Fox 45 and ABC 22). Does your box have other local US stations? Thanks buddy!

Hi Lanzalad - I have a quick question for you and hope you have the time to answer. I have been messing around with XBMC on my PC and Android phone using profiles from Adisak. I see at least two "local" US stations (Fox 45 and ABC 22). Does your box have other local US stations? Thanks buddy!

Hi there

yes it has many US channels on the box as well as inside XBMC and without XBMC.

The best thing to do it to take a look at my own box up and running in pattaya and i can give you a full run down on the full box.

Archived