IGNORED

Best place to drink wine

I travel to Patts next week and I want to take out a TG that loves wine (especially reds). Living in California I drink wine frequently but am not a "wine snob". If it tastes good...it tastes good.

I am just looking for a casual wine bar or restaurant with a nice vibe and good wine list. I appreciate any input

My guess is that you will have to visit some of the high end hotels,imported wine is heavily taxed in LOS and therefore expensive-look at paying 100 baht minimum for a glass of the cheap stuff,for a good quality one bring your credit card :hello09:

thanks Peter..that is one option and have no problem with it since she is not a bar girl.  

I am also going to bring one bottle duty-free from LAX. Apparently only 1 liter is allowed to be brought into LOS. We can drink this in my room and see if I should invest more time and baht with her.

most thai girls DONT like wine. they think its bitter. 

and if you want a decent wine at a decent price..BRING YOUR OWN. i do this for teh last 3 trips now. i too enjoy a good red 

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

7 eleven has Jacobs Creek, IMO a good Aussie wine. I don't minda few wines out on my hotel rooms balcony.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

most thai girls DONT like wine. they think its bitter. 

and if you want a decent wine at a decent price..BRING YOUR OWN. i do this for teh last 3 trips now. i too enjoy a good red 

I just read my OP and realized I wrote it poorly. I have been chatting on FB with a TG that enjoys drinking wine and would like to her out one evening to a wine bar. I love the reds also...especially a nice cabernet sauvignon. 

There's a vineyard across the road from the big gold Buddha on the hill. Never been there but might worth a go for a wine fan.

Sent from my Nokia 5110 brick using Tapatalk

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

I just read my OP and realized I wrote it poorly. I have been chatting on FB with a TG that enjoys drinking wine and would like to her out one evening to a wine bar. I love the reds also...especially a nice cabernet sauvignon. 

I don't recall ever seeing a wine bar in Patts. Has any other BM?

Drinking wine in loom is OK, but not the same vibe.

One problem with drinking red wine in LOS is getting it the right temperature.

Most Anglos think it should be at "room temperature".

If your room has no aircon, or on balcony, that could be 30+ deg C!

The wine will taste disgusting at that temperature.

The correct temperature for most reds is ~ 13 - 14 deg C.

In UK terms, that is room temperature for a Scottish castle!

The French call it cellar temperature.

99% of Thai ladies have not drank decent wine

It is far to expensive for them to buy in Thailand

Just buy some bottles of red spy and decant into a decanter

beefeater   resto   soi Diana       good food and decent wine list.

heard a new wine bar was opening in  new plaza  chance a look maybe.

That wine bar in soi New plaza has been open for over 9 months

I travel to Patts next week and I want to take out a TG that loves wine (especially reds). Living in California I drink wine frequently but am not a "wine snob". If it tastes good...it tastes good.

I am just looking for a casual wine bar or restaurant with a nice vibe and good wine list. I appreciate any input

If you spend too much baht and still want wine take her to Sailor Bar Soi 8 just up from the beach. I only get their 60 baht cocktails but they have glasses of white and red for 50 baht! Can't be any worse than Spy and still much cheaper than Spy. And the bar manager can be a little rough but I got her drunk last week and she was all smiles

WP_20140606_013.jpg

WP_20140606_012.jpg

WP_20140606_014.jpg

mantra or brunos has best wine selection ive seen in pats

bring lots of cash..lol

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

just go to some of the supermarkets - friendship, villa, foodland, and also the one in the basement in central.

They all got some very decent bottles - depending on the girl's "wine skills", you may also get off cheaply, for example there was a promo not long ago in foodland, I bought some dirt cheap bottles for 275 baht and the GF loved it.

But there are decent Bordeaux everwhere and also other wines, even the less well known such as pouilly fumé or mainetou salon, also found a reasonably priced sauternes.

I never buy bottles for more than 700 baht, most of the time 300 to 350 baht bottles do the trick.

hard to find red wine in a pattaya bar that hasn't been chilled to the same temp as bottles of beer! and most of it is that awful stuff out of a 2 litre bottle (like sailor bar)

pattaya beer garden have a few varieties and is a decent compromise between price and quality (100 or 120 a glass depending)

I usually bring some across from Oz but the local price has been dropping these past few years. Forget buying bubbles here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

Second road opposite side in the middle of or between soi 7 and soi 8 has some kind of wine bar, looked not too bad.

Wine selection in PBG is horrible. Can also recommend the more expensive or Italian restaurants or hotels. All other restaurants will just have this horrible Mont Clair wine.

Nice bottles and good selection of up to 50 different wines you will also find at all Walking Street seafood restaurants. Sipping a bottle and watching the sea is a nice time killer :)

Cheers

wine connection has very good wine from all over the world the one in samui is also a really good restaurant attached

never been to the one in pattaya  but its at 399 the avenue pattaya soi 2

Gian's house wines are not bad and not too expensive for what you get.  Food is good too!  A 500ml caraffe is approx. 700-900bht depending on what you want. Italian reds and whites.

Otherwise, as suggested but to add another: Try the red or white 4 litre boxes of Marysol from Foodland. They are 799bht a box and not bad plonk in most peoples view/taste once tried.  Of course your hotel room needs the right light and view to make it work completely and those kind of rooms are not so easy to find in pats! 

Archived