Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight websites

One hung low

Living in northern Canada, flights tend to be very expensive for me. Therefore I must do a lot of research daily to catch an affordable flight, and also a flight with minimal airport layovers.

I use, skyscanner, tripadvisor, kayak ,onetravel, cheapflights now,cheapflights.ca.

It is important not to get locked in on only a few, and to search them all as they change daily.

Last year tripadvisor had the best rates, this year I have found cheapflights now, has some good deals.

The flight I have just booked for Christmas time is $500 cheaper on this website compared to others.

So do your homework, as these websites prices really vary.

Living in northern Canada, flights tend to be very expensive for me. Therefore I must do a lot of research daily to catch an affordable flight, and also a flight with minimal airport layovers.

I use, skyscanner, tripadvisor, kayak ,onetravel, cheapflights now,cheapflights.ca.

It is important not to get locked in on only a few, and to search them all as they change daily.

Last year tripadvisor had the best rates, this year I have found cheapflights now, has some good deals.

The flight I have just booked for Christmas time is $500 cheaper on this website compared to others.

So do your homework, as these websites prices really vary.

Interesting , not to be locked in on a few , do they know I am looking for a certain flight and date, I heard they know by my IP address .

always clear your cookies before accessing Flight & hotel sites. the more you search for deal , the expensive the tickets become.

I usually check lastminute.com, find what airlines they are quoting - and then go the airline websites themselves to find the best deal. Anybody else have a better way?

good advice above!

I usually use skyscanners but just now checked kayak. I have never used kayak before but the search page was pre-filled in with my search criteria from skyscanner. These sites are sharing information (presuamably reading cookies?) or they are same owner.

Will clear cookies more often from now on!

Edit: on further use it seems skyscanner and kayak are so similar I think they are the same company.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Do clear cookies.

I never find discounts for Christmas or peak holiday periods, and cost more on weekends, generally

There is an best booking time window somewhere 1-2 months away -

or 'we make a loss' sale for >7 months ahead bookings (If you make zero changes) - and more than 50% DO make changes and get robbed for the privilege. I figure $23 hour for flight time, all in, is a bargain.

Google flights (Australia) is lousy and expensive relative to lastminute or skyscanner - so not sure what they are playing at. So from SYD-BKK is a great deal for $450 Return (18-19 hours of BOS time) .

Many times I BET - Flying out on one carrier (take the super cheap airfare) one way, then for the next month look for a cheap return flight. I find if you book Jetstar, Scoot or AirAsia, they know about your booking, and ramp up the price of the ticket going the other way - AND THEY FIGURE you will pay an extra $200 or so for the same flight (Return) in the next 30 minutes having been timing how long you are mucking about on their website. To wit, I say no deal. I will wait them out. So I generally find in a months time, I can grab the other half/return cheap (usually on another carrier who does not know about my other leg).

Some people buy an overseas 'investment property' , and a yearly 'inspection' flight is a full tax deduction!

Lastly there is rip-off taxes to consider. Australia will cost you about $usd 80 more to leave the country, while some airports levy global warming taxes making long haul landing in London more expensive. So you see lots of Via Dubai, Via China dodges causing extra pollution.

Archived