IGNORED

I need a good STD test in Pattaya

izzyg

Reason I asked this was just cos Pattaya Memorial Hospital checkups are relatively expensive. I'm pretty damned careful but still, you want to be declared 'clean' by an expert every so often, eh

PMH has a lab on site yes you pay a little more but you can be assured it's done correctly.

I am not saying clinics are no good but they must send the samples to a lab and it is possible they do not to save money and just give you false results.

IMO go to an establishment that has a lab on site.

I am a retired medical professional and know a few clinic's that are 100% professional however times are hard and things can change day to day with them.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 7 months later...

I'm going to do a full battery of tests during my next trip because it will be a fraction of the cost of doing the same in the USA.

Are the Bangkok clinics higher quality than the Pattaya clinics (cleaner, more Western trained staff, cheaper)?

How come we don't have a sticky thread for this topic? A thread with a list of hospitals and clinics where you can get tested? A thread with prices and reviews and whatever information might be relevant? I don't think anyone knows all the places but collectively we could put together a decent list which would answer the OP's question too.

• 1 year later...

Any update on where is good to get a complete Std test done? It's way too expensive in uk so I'm planning to do it in patts for piece of mind next week.

Any update on where is good to get a complete Std test done? It's way too expensive in uk so I'm planning to do it in patts for piece of mind next week.

Its not expensive in the UK its absolutely free - however it will take hours

Go to Pattaya Memorial Hospital - all over in about 1.5 hours - whilst waiting for the results go to Malamute Coffee shop and relax

Cost from 3000-5000 depending on what it is you want

Personally I would have a full medical for about 5000 - 7000 - I do this once a year

Its not expensive in the UK its absolutely free - however it will take hours

Go to Pattaya Memorial Hospital - all over in about 1.5 hours - whilst waiting for the results go to Malamute Coffee shop and relax

Cost from 3000-5000 depending on what it is you want

Personally I would have a full medical for about 5000 - 7000 - I do this once a year

i was wondering if i could ask you a couple of questions about this?

is it a walk-in thing?  do they do full battery of std tests?  if so, what are the procedures? just a blood test?

lastly, can you take a girl into one with you [i would pay obviously] or is that frowned upon?  just for peace of mind?  

is it a walk-in thing?

Yes - if you are going first time - take ID

do they do full battery of std tests?

yes - results within the hour

if so, what are the procedures? just a blood test?

and swab and urine test

lastly, can you take a girl into one with you [i would pay obviously] or is that frowned upon?

You can take whoever you want

just for peace of mind?  

naturally

is it a walk-in thing?

Yes - if you are going first time - take ID

do they do full battery of std tests?

yes - results within the hour

if so, what are the procedures? just a blood test?

and swab and urine test

lastly, can you take a girl into one with you [i would pay obviously] or is that frowned upon?

You can take whoever you want

just for peace of mind?  

naturally

what a quick reply! thanks so much!! LOL that swab thing sounds intimidating.  should i be worried?  and for that full battery [blood, urine, swab], is that the 5K-7K range you mentioned before?  and that would be per person, correct?

what a quick reply! thanks so much!! LOL that swab thing sounds intimidating.  should i be worried?  and for that full battery [blood, urine, swab], is that the 5K-7K range you mentioned before?  and that would be per person, correct?

Swab is a Q tip in the Japs Eye - no this full battery will be maximum 3k each more like 2k

Swab is a Q tip in the Japs Eye - no this full battery will be maximum 3k each more like 2k

well that sounds painful. lol  

seems like a reasonable cost for a little peace of mind.  thank you so much for your time and wisdom.  

Have anyone takin a girl to get a test I always use condoms to But Im just saying if I where to stay a month (Wish List) and if I had a girl I liked could you take her to get tested at a legit Hospital so that you could BareBack I mean why would you but if she came back clean??  Might be getting delusional here here Pattaya has made me a changed mad don't judge me 

Go to banglamung hospital in naklua .. and donate blood.. they will do a 15 minute quick test on hiv and also test for gonorrhea, hepatitis a an b and one more virus.. all for free. 

YOu give blood and that is healthy for man.

PMH has a lab on site yes you pay a little more but you can be assured it's done correctly.

I am not saying clinics are no good but they must send the samples to a lab and it is possible they do not to save money and just give you false results.

IMO go to an establishment that has a lab on site.

I am a retired medical professional and know a few clinic's that are 100% professional however times are hard and things can change day to day with them.

JDM

I would just like to add that Life care has an outstanding reputation and IMO can be trusted to perform correct testing if you get a report from you clinic headed by them on the report you should be good 

you can go direct to them and get tested cutting out the middle man as I have stated the big hospital have a lab on site but you pay more.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 month later...

I've might have asked this Before But since Im like 15 days away from my 2nd trip and Got this Hottie Waiting on Me.

I asked her can we not use condom this time as a Test.

She said No why do you not want to use Condom????

I was just testing her because if she said sure I know she said that with Others

However I do not want to use a condom but I am concerned about my health and the health of my loved ones back in the states.

So what I was Planing on doing when I touch Down in BKK meeting my girlfriend and taking her to the clinic and we both get tested.

Now Im clean Because I just got tested back here in the states 3 months ago

But just curious has anyone taking a thai girl with them to get tested so you can do Bareback Im guessing if she has something she might not wanna go get tested with you?

Your thoughts go......

May be the new Pattaya City Hospital in Soi Bukhao would be a good place. It is quite cheap for everything else.

The price for a PSA test there is 1200 baht. At a Lab 800 baht.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

There is a Lab in Naklua Road opposite Soi 10 next to the KTB bank.  I have used it for many years mainly to do cholesterol (60 baht), PSA (800 baht.)  etc.  I was informed that many of the clinics in Pattaya get their tests done there. He does groups of tests for special discount.

Some prices Anti HIV =350; Syph. =150: Heppatitis =300Bht. Urine= 100 Baht. He can send result via email.

Only open till 11.30 am. Probably does testing in the afternoon.

You can get all the prices at www.pattaya-lab.com or can send him email.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 weeks later...

another follow up.  i am still neck deep in my research and i see 2 hospitals.   pattaya memorial and pattaya international?  which one has the walk in test for yourself/companion?

one more, i've used google translate or their english site version and i could be wrong but the price lists for hiv or other std screenings seem like they are 10K+ baht per person-  that's pretty pricey.

another follow up.  i am still neck deep in my research and i see 2 hospitals.   pattaya memorial and pattaya international?  which one has the walk in test for yourself/companion?

one more, i've used google translate or their english site version and i could be wrong but the price lists for hiv or other std screenings seem like they are 10K+ baht per person-  that's pretty pricey.

3 years ago I and GF had blood tests done at Memorial, walk in but still 30-40 minutes to get blood drawn and then two hour wait; time for lunch and walk around Central Mall. I think the price was 800 baht but each not sure it included the Herpes test. I also got a Memorial plastic card to place in my wallet/money clip so If I got run over I would for sure get taken care of at Memorial.

Two months ago got the 1000 baht series at Life Care Labs just off 3rd road, they were busy so it did take the same 30-40 minutes to get blood drawn and a chest electrogram (shatever it was); come back after 4 o'clock for results.

3 years ago I and GF had blood tests done at Memorial, walk in but still 30-40 minutes to get blood drawn and then two hour wait; time for lunch and walk around Central Mall. I think the price was 800 baht but each not sure it included the Herpes test. I also got a Memorial plastic card to place in my wallet/money clip so If I got run over I would for sure get taken care of at Memorial.

Two months ago got the 1000 baht series at Life Care Labs just off 3rd road, they were busy so it did take the same 30-40 minutes to get blood drawn and a chest electrogram (shatever it was); come back after 4 o'clock for results.

Generally Herpes test is not included in the majority of STD blood tests. The blood test for herpes is called type specific serologic test and usually needs to be requested. Unfortunately this test can produce a false positive on occasions.

Most doctors will prefer to take a test if you have an outbreak, as they can take a swab test.

i guess i was looking for a "standard" battery that would include hiv, gonno, chlamydia, etc at a reasonable price/turnaround time.  herp test sounds good but i agree with cerberus as it is not always reliable and probably starting to get into the exotic when it comes to screenings.  

i am looking for a reasonable priced clear on the major bugs for myself, possibly a guest in case of emergency...or in case of "fuck it" mode.  

i am a patts virgin but i look at this as a sport or any other "adventure".  when you big mountain ski, you bring a helmet and avy gear.  and given the other risks i have taken in my life, i am just trying to maximize fun while doing my best to minimize risk while still understanding there will always be some risk involved.  i have mongered here at home and dated at home and make no illusions, fellas, the all-american girl will give you some shit.  

always appreciate the time and care from the vets.  hope to repay the community in time.

First of all: I always use a condom. I have so far had 100% covered sex (except BBBJ) in LOS and I intend to keep it that way.

Since my last trip I have had some health problem not related to the genitial area, but just to be sure I want to do a test for all known STDs.

In my home country the STD test starts with an interview where the doc/nurse determine which tests you need. To get a test for the more uncommon STDs, e.g. syphilis, you must say that you are gay or visiting prostitues abroad - something I'm not too keen to do.

Instead I want a good reliable clinic in Pattaya that can do all these tests. Anyone can guide me?

The same old thing again then mate ?

P2.jpg

Archived