IGNORED

Can secure the Marriott for 3500 baht a night

tobeornottobe

Is this unlikely to be found any any cheaper on a hotel search engine between now and August?

Hey that's a great price can i ask how you get it ?? is it in conjunction with a loyalty scheme ?? i like the resort feel of this type of hotel and it's guest friendly so a perfect choice 

Did you check via trivago? I saw it recently there for around 2600THB.

Thanks Bud - just booked !!! 10 nights thought about saving cash but booked an extra three nights on the basis of the more you spend the more you save !!! bring on Pattaya i see they allow three in a room no hassle - bring it on !!

Has anyone stayed here? Can u tell me if they have a steam room & do they charge extra to use it? Also do they charge a lot for wifi, some reviews on expedia says they charged too much for wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone stayed here? Can u tell me if they have a steam room & do they charge extra to use it? Also do they charge a lot for wifi, some reviews on expedia says they charged too much for wifi<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<br />marriott usually give free wifi for members, or at least used to.<br />Just sign up for a marriott membership and wifi should be free. <br /><br />I stayed at the pattaya marriott many times, breakfast is awesome and I never had issues bringing girls back, guy at the lift takes the ID card and a big smile, especially with two girls in tow :)<br /><br />I get quoted 3400 baht a night in the Mariott website so must be cheaper using Agoda or similar.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks unsolicited , where is the Marriott in relation to the lk empress? I stayed there last year and liked the location along with everything else but want to bring back more than one a few times this year and empress charges for the extra

Isn't Marriott adjacent to Royal Garden Plaza? Here's the Marriott link that shows 3440THB per night.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pyxmc-pattaya-marriott-resort-and-spa/

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Nice place my friend stays there when he comes to Patts and if I am in town I piggy back on him to use the pool and other facilities, the location is perfect you are steps to BR and WS is less than five minutes away by walk or less if you take the baht bus and are super lazy 

Stayed there many times, highly recommendable place. I just wouldnt opt for the cheapest room but often you can get great offers searching in hotel booking platforms.

Steam room and great gym are free to use, great facilities.

Thanks for the info everyone much appreciated will probably split my time between here and lk empires in November because I like the view there.

Thanks unsolicited , where is the Marriott in relation to the lk empress? I stayed there last year and liked the location along with everything else but want to bring back more than one a few times this year and empress charges for the extra

If cost is the only consideration LKEmpress plus 2nd joiner extra charge will still be less than Marriott room

I have an honest question to everyone who stays in hotels for up to 4000 THb a night (or even 2500)...

What do you gain over staying in a short term studio appartment (as i do) that is cleaned daily, well appointed often with security and pool and in room kitchen and more space and balcony and all the other stuff and more than you get in a good hotel but can cost less than 1000THB a day (and never more that 2000)

I'm not pooh-poohing your choice, just genuinely interested in why - i.e. what am I missing out on? :-)

cheers

Paul

I have an honest question to everyone who stays in hotels for up to 4000 THb a night (or even 2500)...

What do you gain over staying in a short term studio appartment (as i do) that is cleaned daily, well appointed often with security and pool and in room kitchen and more space and balcony and all the other stuff and more than you get in a good hotel but can cost less than 1000THB a day (and never more that 2000)

I'm not pooh-poohing your choice, just genuinely interested in why - i.e. what am I missing out on? :-)

cheers

Paul

Minimal differences in most cases (not all)  usually....really it is all just above the neck  :Think1:

If cost is the only consideration LKEmpress plus 2nd joiner extra charge will still be less than Marriott room

Cost isn't an issue, it's just that I'll be arriving after 12am and can't see paying extra at the Marriott on the first night for just sleeping there. Will check out of empress on day 2

How solid is your trip?  If you prepay (non-refundable), you can get a much better rate, but that's some serious risk.  I think my friend and I got in the 3200 baht range last November, and that was high season.

Arriving after midnight isn't an issue -- Pattaya is just getting warmed up!  Plenty of time to get out and find a little company for the evening.

As I have mentioned in other threads, one of the things I love most about the Marriott is that it has entrances on BOTH Second Road and Beach Road.  Makes it especially easy to get to or from just about anywhere.

Marriott related ==> I booked a vacation in Phuket - Air Asia flights from DMK - $102 USD ALL_IN - including insurance, booked ahead meals, assigned seats (the flight there leaves VERY EARLY and the flight back leaves VERY LATE - part of why the tickets were so cheap)... I booked the JW Marriott in Khao Lak for $104 USD a night ALL_IN (booked on the Marriott.com web site)... I stayed in that hotel before and it is REAL NICE - rooms, pools, beach, restaurants... nothing much around the hotel, in a relatively remote location - but if you want the nightlife (that is relatively small compared to what Pattaya has to offer), you can always add a couple nights in Patong (which I did)...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

How solid is your trip?  If you prepay (non-refundable), you can get a much better rate, but that's some serious risk.  I think my friend and I got in the 3200 baht range last November, and that was high season.

Arriving after midnight isn't an issue -- Pattaya is just getting warmed up!  Plenty of time to get out and find a little company for the evening.

As I have mentioned in other threads, one of the things I love most about the Marriott is that it has entrances on BOTH Second Road and Beach Road.  Makes it especially easy to get to or from just about anywhere.

LOCATION is superb!!  Once you enter the grounds, you wouldn't know you are right on Beach Road (or 2nd Road) and a relatively short walk to Walking Street... and as mentioned above, it has one of the nicest swimming pools in Pattaya, and a totally AWESOME buffet breakfast... the Marriotts in Thailand are so much more luxurious than most of the Marriotts in the USA... even the Courtyard Marriott in BKK (and they used to have Courtyards in Patong and Surin Beach Phuket - but they sold them) is a real nice place to stay...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

If you get the Marriot Visa or Mastercard you get a free night a year, which can be used at Pattaya. The card has an $85 usd annual fee but entitles the user to accumulate point as a rewards member. All good if you spend a lot time on international travel and use the chain. <br />The IHG has a similar arrangement and the free nights can be used at the Holiday Inn. The card annual fee is $35.<br />Hilton Pattaya probably has similar offers, but the Hilton card I have did not give free nights.<br />Last time I cashed in a few free nights at the Holiday<br />Inn and was able to upgrade to one of the most amazing views of the coast. The cost for the upgrade was relatively half of what the room would cost and you get all the bennies of platnimum. <br /><br />I guess the point I'm trying to make is that these big chain hotel may be great for the punter that has a few membership benefits and especially has reached platinum, diamond, or executive status with the chain. Then the value to amenities starts to even out. But at face value there are really competitive locations to choose, but one cant go wrong in these big chain locations. The girls actually don't give a crap. It is more for personal satisfaction.

If you get the Marriot Visa or Mastercard you get a free night a year, which can be used at Pattaya. The card has an $85 usd annual fee but entitles the user to accumulate point as a rewards member. All good if you spend a lot time on international travel and use the chain. <br />The IHG has a similar arrangement and the free nights can be used at the Holiday Inn. The card annual fee is $35.<br />Hilton Pattaya probably has similar offers, but the Hilton card I have did not give free nights.<br />Last time I cashed in a few free nights at the Holiday<br />Inn and was able to upgrade to one of the most amazing views of the coast. The cost for the upgrade was relatively half of what the room would cost and you get all the bennies of platnimum. <br /><br />I guess the point I'm trying to make is that these big chain hotel may be great for the punter that has a few membership benefits and especially has reached platinum, diamond, or executive status with the chain. Then the value to amenities starts to even out. But at face value there are really competitive locations to choose, but one cant go wrong in these big chain locations. The girls actually don't give a crap. It is more for personal satisfaction.

Citi Hilton Reserve card nets you 2 free nights after you hit their minimum spend, but the big perk is that you automatically get Hilton Gold status.  This gets you free wifi, a possible upgraded room (front desk said I was getting an upgraded room, but how would I know?) and lounge access, where they have a small breakfast buffet every morning and non-alcoholic drinks/snacks throughout the day (I think they have cocktails over certain hours, too).  

Pretty sure the annual fee is $85, but Gold status seems worth that to me.

I used to have the Marriott card, and plan to get it again.  I just need to determine how long ago it was that I had the card so that I can try to get the bonus points again!  

Ditto with AMEX Starwood Preferred, which carries a 30,000 pt bonus after $5000 minimum spend (and 40,000 SWP points nets you 5 nights at Sheraton in Pattaya, which is inconveniently located but FANTASTIC!)  I gotta wait at least another 10 or 11 months on that one.

Posted about this elsewhere, I have an online price from a top UK travel company coming in at less than 2000 per night for a garden view room in the main wing, (stayed and can recommend) up to 3700 for a terrace suite, Aug Sep and Oct, checked before posting and I have paid this price myself.

£500 for 14nights. No restriction, 2 people and GF.

If anybody is interested PM me.

# get yourself a Hilton Honours loyalty card for free wifi.

Archived