Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Will Lifting the Curfew Help Tourism?

StrikeEagle

So, the curfew has been lifted for the tourist areas of Koh Samui, Phuket and Pattaya. How much do you think this will help with tourism coming into the Kingdom, and how do you think it will affect tourism in those specific areas?

Will this cause more people to want to travel to Thailand? Do you think that we could see a "high season" like influx of people coming to Pattaya? Keep in mind that this curfew lift comes just in time to benefit those seeking to enjoy Pattaya in conjunction with viewing the World Cup matches. 

Share your thoughts.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

YEs it will help....eventually. 

I know of about 3 different groups of people at my work that have cancelled their trips during this time. 

It will take a while to get back to normal but it will eventually. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

the full moon partiers and providers are "over the moon" I am sure...

don't think the mongers make up much of the overall tourism dollar, and the regular tourists were and probably still are scared off by the military coup and govt warnings to avoid "unnecessary" travel...

my trip is very very necessary, ha!

the full moon partiers and providers are "over the moon" I am sure...

don't think the mongers make up much of the overall tourism dollar, and the regular tourists were and probably still are scared off by the military coup and govt warnings to avoid "unnecessary" travel...

my trip is very very necessary, ha!

NEVER !!!!!!!!!!! At so many days in a year the goverment

stop the bars to work and sell drinks and so stop the fun for

which so many people from all over the world come to LOS.

And now the political part too.In the last 3 to 4 years so they will

have loosed some billion bath with this kind of BS that many many

people from all over the world will think about an other destination 

than the LOS IMHO for sure.cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Honestly, my expectation is that the crowds will remain small, with a possible bump up to a strong "low season" turn out in the curfew free tourist zones. I share the sentiment of many PA members that there is still too much world wide uncertainty, and many, if not most, people will go elsewhere to enjoy their holiday. Specifically, I expect more of an affect on the casual tourist travelers as opposed to the "party tourists" like ourselves. But, even our brethren seem to be seeking alternative destinations as it stands, right now.

Extrapolating this out for a few months, presuming things stay calm in BKK and the rest of the country, I still foresee the strong possibility for a weak tourist trade heading into "high season". And, THAT, could rock the local economy in Pattaya. There has been a LOT of new construction in town over the past year or two, and those new hotels are just now starting to come on line. 

Only time will tell.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

A 12am to 4am curfew wouldn't affect many people anyway

YES! I was planning to go in September but put plans on hold due to the curfew. Not due to the coup, mind, only the curfew. I've been in Thialand under coup conditions before its not a problem but the curfew is a serious downer for me. Yes, it's only a few hours but I dont see why I should have to organise my day around it when I'm on holiday and spending £££s!

So, I hadn't heard its been lifted so just checked the news.... http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Curfew-lifted-in-Samui-Pattaya-and-Phuket-30235411.html  . confirmed!

WHOOOOO! time to get onto skyscanners again and grab a bargain flight. See you in September, Thailand!!!! :) :) :)

(and thanks for the heads-up, OP!)

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Archived